Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a good deal or what?

I will wait & see what happens when or if it trades on the open market

Ideally I would like to buy this in the open market lower than the $100 issue price

"Want to read more about it? http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=1006559

Yellow Pages Group Announces an Offering of $260 Million of Medium Term Notes by YPG Holdings Inc.

This offering is scheduled to close on or about June 25, 2009. Pursuant to this offering, the Company will issue $260 million of 7.30% Series 7 Notes (compounded semi-annually), which will be dated June 25, 2009, will mature on February 2015
"

·
Registered
240 Posts
I can just about guarantee that those will be snapped up by brokers and institutional investors before the average retail investor even gets an email notification.

I will watch my IPO email notifications from my trading accounts.

Let us know if you get any.:eek:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can just about guarantee that those will be snapped up by brokers and institutional investors before the average retail investor even gets an email notification.

I will watch my IPO email notifications from my trading accounts.

Let us know if you get any.:eek:
no chance me getting these on the IPO till they are in the retail market listed on the TSE & free trading (if that ever happens) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, the issue closed before you could blink.

An alternative is the convertible debenture YPG.DB, which trades on TSE. If you can get it at 97, it yields about the same 7.3% for a 2 year term.

Just info, not recommendation.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Is this a good deal or what?

I will wait & see what happens when or if it trades on the open market

Ideally I would like to buy this in the open market lower than the $100 issue price

[/B][/COLOR][/I]"
The posting was open for about 5 minutes on June 15th around 2 pm. I was allocated the minimum $5000...which was all I really wanted for this name, given its BBB rating. The spread is 463bp above the GOC 5Year bond - this issue matures Feb, 2015. Although its possible, you may not be able to get this under par when it trades on the market, due to the current environment of falling spreads. Best thing to do is call your bond desk to see when they anticipate the issue will start trading. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts