Canadian Money Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
Trump 'may' lose, but he did a surprisingly good job of getting the vote out , despite his dismal record on Covid and several other issues.
Yes I think that is one lingering effect of The Trump Phenomenon. That bell cannot be "unrung"!

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Prairie Guy has now been permanently banned. Reason: Inappropriate misogynist post and repeated trolling. Over the years he has repeatedly attacked women, posted conspiracy theories and other toxic content.

Permanent ban decisions are shared with the moderation team & admins. Decisions like this come after a history of unacceptable behaviour and complaints.
... this is news but not unexpected with the self-infliction(s).

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Prairie Guy has now been permanently banned. Reason: Inappropriate misogynist post and repeated trolling. Over the years he has repeatedly attacked women, posted conspiracy theories and other toxic content.

Permanent ban decisions are shared with the moderation team & admins. Decisions like this come after a history of unacceptable behaviour and complaints.
Interesting decision. Would you ban someone for calling Trump a stupid fat man who accomplished nothing? Where is the line between political criticism and hate speech? Is it purely a matter of who the corporate media endorses, and who they demonize?

·
Super Moderator
1,988 Posts
Interesting decision. Would you ban someone for calling Trump a stupid fat man who accomplished nothing? Where is the line between political criticism and hate speech? Is it purely a matter of who the corporate media endorses, and who they demonize?
It has more to do with the poster's history and repeated violations/complaints in the past, and I thought I spelled that out in the post you quoted.

For example Rusty, you have 0 previous violations. Even if you posted exactly what PG posted there, you would not have been banned. I would have sent you a warning message.

·
Registered
625 Posts
It has more to do with the poster's history and repeated violations/complaints in the past, and I thought I spelled that out in the post you quoted.

For example Rusty, you have 0 previous violations. Even if you posted exactly what PG posted there, you would not have been banned. I would have sent you a warning message.
I do not know what PG posted though mainstream media lies constantly to promote their agendas. Anyone that is not a sheep & goes against their agenda they label as a conspiracy nut so they do not have to debate. Rusty is perhaps the most practical poster here. He does something different then most he sticks up for those that post a different view then most. This is a sign of someone that examines ideas in their entirety & gives a person a huge advantage @ achieving their goal . The fair doctrine act for the mainstream media so the media had to promote both sides of an issue equally is no longer. Since the media can dangerously promote their agenda the media has become less trusted. Einstein said something like it is best to spend 95% of the time thinking on how to achieve a goal & 5% of the time should be spent on the action needed to achieve the goal.

·
Registered
18,291 Posts
In a couple days it's Remembrance Day, honouring our soldiers who fought and died in WWII. "Lest we forget". And for those who think the threat of fascism is long gone...

An amazing paragraph:

The role that patriotic symbolism, mass entertainment and a corporate state might play in an incipient American fascism was clear to astute observers at the time. In Sinclair Lewis’s novel, It Can’t Happen Here (1935), an American fascist dictatorship is brought about by the “Corporatist” party, led by the reactionary populist Buzz Windrip. Windrip takes power by forging alliances with media giants, including Father Prang, a character based on Father Charles Coughlin, whose weekly radio show was listened to by millions of Americans at its height in the mid-1930s. Coughlin was virulently, and conspiratorially, anti-Semitic, disseminating the (fraudulent) Protocols of the Elders of Zion and confirming Nazi accusations of a Jewish-Communist plot for world domination led by a cabal of “international bankers”. Windrip whips his crowds to a frenzy with patriotic music and populist jingles about clearing the “rot” in Washington, taking power thanks to the carnival he’s created. “Great showmanship,” the reporter who serves as Lewis’s resistant voice of liberal democracy observes of Windrip’s performance. “PT Barnum or Flo Ziegfeld never put on a better.”​

Another quote:

Meanwhile, on 4 July, Trump’s son, Donald Trump Jr, shared a meme of his father’s head Photoshopped on to George Washington’s body, standing in front of the American flag and holding a Minigun and an eagle. Both memes rework images from the entertainment industry, whether it’s Rocky or an image made by the Call of Duty video-game franchise, into neo-fascist propaganda.​
The absurdity of this bizarrely entertaining spectacle does not make it less dangerous, but more so. The clownish aspect of both Hitler and Mussolini were often noted at the time​

·
Registered
877 Posts
moderator2 said:

I have had zero previous violations or warnings, and I was banned without warning.

I posted that the mod on a censorship spree should contact Fox News and censor Trump due to misinformation. I also reported the mods post regarding Trump declaring a win on the election, citing misinformation (which this mod specifically stated shall not be posted). I was banned for nuisance reports, and interfering with moderation.

I'm all for moderation, but this is extreme. Selecting what news sources a mod perceives to be factual? On a discussion forum? Really?

For example Twitter is not to be used according to this mod. Have it be known the RCMP solely used Twitter to inform the public about a mass murder on the loose ... but this mod elects to pick and choose what is a reliable source.

Which financial blogs are credible? Which crypptos are credible? Your censorship style is going down a very dark path. This forum has lost all credibility if there is this misrepresentation in users...who make up the contents of the site.

Care to explain?

·
Super Moderator
1,988 Posts
I have had zero previous violations or warnings, and I was banned without warning.
I gave you a short temporary ban because you were interfering with moderation and making nuisance reports. The thread was already difficult to moderate, and you were eating up my time.

I'm a volunteer.

Yes, I did lay out rules in the election thread about which sources were acceptable in the context of the election. The list of acceptable sources included everything from a German broadcaster to Fox News.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Interfering with moderation? Simply a false accusation because I have zero ability to do such as a mere poster.

Nuisance reports? Your post referenced material that stated trump won the election. Misinformation. Exactly what you claim and deem to be unacceptable content.

Eating up your time. What a joke! With my single post that remains up in this thread, yet I was banned for such in a previous thread. Consistency? Non existent.

Your censorship has gone too far.

No need to ban me again, this will be my last post. Good riddance CMF.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts