Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For several years I've been very happy using Yahoo's Chart as both a quick reference to live pricing and a simple but detailed and accurate chart, covering Canadian, US and UK stocks, ETFs, FXs. It also used to allow comparison stocks to be added. This last month however is has become slow and rickety and therefore frustrating.

So I'm considering moving to StockCharts. Biggest difference is price! I don't mind paying say $100 for something worthwhile but this would be USD $14.95/mth, CAD $250/year. I don't see myself spending hours "analysing" stuff, just want a quick useful "price and picture" - generally 2-3 times per day - more often if I'm buying or selling. $250 every year is a lot for that.

Am I correct that using their free website does not allow storing my portfolio (12-15 stocks/funds/FXs), nor storing my simplified version of their charts?

If so - are their any other generally similar chart websites that I could use.

·
Registered
16,692 Posts
Wow I didn't realize Stockcharts is that expensive. That's too bad, I use their free version all the time. Lots of ads, but it's incredibly useful. I've never paid for it and I wouldn't pay $250 per year either.

Wish they would add a lower tier service though, something more affordable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
James - using the free version do you have to enter the stock code by hand every time?

·
Registered
16,692 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Good real-time chart services will likely cost you over $200 CAD per year, but if used properly they can help guide your investments. In my opinion its worth it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts