• - not sure

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • - already got it

Votes: 8 17.0%
21 - 40 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I completely understand .....but now, when I can book and get AZ in 1 hours....I'm kinda anxious :). and I've never been anxious from fear to get Covid...
Just check official Ontario vaccination website... looks like you can book Pfizer or Moderna if you are 60+ ... maybe I opt to wait couple of months when I will be eligible
... 56 is still 4 years away from 60 ... LOL.

Correction: Based on post #25 below, 55 is still 5 years away from 60. LMAO.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Also, if anyone already got AZ vaccine.....did you have some side effects? My brother's wife had AZ in UK several months ago and is telling that she had strong headache
I feel a bit off/lousy for about 3 hours the next morning and was fine for the rest of the day. Then felt off/lousy later in the evening, went to bed early and have felt fine since. Similar to how I feel after the annual flu shot. I will take the second AZ shot as soon as they will let me.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Gibor...I would take the AZ today. You can get the variant booster shot from a different manufacturer later. Do you think the millions in the UK all got side effects?

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Gibor...I would take the AZ today. You can get the variant booster shot from a different manufacturer later. Do you think the millions in the UK all got side effects?
I posted some time ago question here , if I get AZ 1st shot, can I get 2nd shot from other pahrma....and I was told
NO... and who knows... looking at our Health experts who changes opinions every 2nd day.... what are the chances that before time comes for 2nd AZ shot, it can be baned All together, esp. when 1.5M AZ sent from US get expired?

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
as per Ontario vaccination booking, 60+ can book Pfizer and Moderna right now ... I'm 55, so maybe in 1 or 2 months I can book good vaccine?!
btw, is anyone 60+ tried to book in Peel? Curious on which date can you book now...

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
I posted some time ago question here , if I get AZ 1st shot, can I get 2nd shot from other pahrma....and I was told
NO... and who knows... looking at our Health experts who changes opinions every 2nd day.... what are the chances that before time comes for 2nd AZ shot, it can be baned All together, esp. when 1.5M AZ sent from US get expired?
Naw I meant get both AZ shots now...by December most likely you will need another round because of how slow the initial roll out is going...should be mixed in with your flu shot.

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
This is pretty good! So, after 60+, they probably gonna offer 55+ and it can happen within a month?!
Interesting that if I click on 60+, it tell me that I can get Pfizer or Moderna
If I click on 55+, it gives me only AZ :)

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
So far , interesting results...on this forum , 32% said NO (out of 2 votes), on RFD forum 50% said NO and 39% YES ...
Still cannot decide ......

·
Registered
142 Posts
Am I wrong in thinking that in any other scenario AZ would have been told to go back to the drawing board, but because of the immediate need the rules are being bent?

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Am I wrong in thinking that in any other scenario AZ would have been told to go back to the drawing board, but because of the immediate need the rules are being bent?
As I mentioned before, I'm sure 100% that it "would have been told to go back to the drawing board" , however, US got Canada "humanitarian aid" by giving 1.5M AZ vaccine that expired very soon :)

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
The AZ from the US was about to expire and they couldn't use it, so they "lent" it to us.

We have to pay them back........and they likely won't want AZ vaccine if they don't approve it.

So what do we give them back......Pfizer, Moderna or cash ?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yes. Had a slight fever the evening of shot and a little off the next day. Perfectly fine from day two.

I understand people’s reluctance and concern. For me, the risk of getting COVID and associated issues are far higher than the risk of complications from the vaccine. In my locale the third wave is growing and therefore the risk of getting it is only getting worse.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I realize my following opinion is likely irrational and not based on statistics. I believe if you can see your own biases you're on the right track.

At this point I would get the Pfizer vaccine and probably not the other two. Pfizer has a brand name that I recognize and trust to a certain extent, whereas I'd never even heard of Moderna or AstraZeneca before COVID. Throw in the headlines from the AZ vaccine, and that's it.

I'm in my 30s though, so probably twiddling my thumbs for a while anyway.

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
I am starting to wonder how many shares of AstraZeneca stock some of the AZ pumpers are stuck with.

The 52 week stock price 42.84 - 64.94......and it now sits at $49.55

The statistics that you are more likely to get struck by lightning are meaningless because I don't stand under the tallest steel pole in a lightning storm.

I don't expose myself to that kind of danger if I can prevent it.

Same as I don't stand in the middle of a busy 6 lane highway at rush hour because the "statistics" are that hardly anyone dies from being run over by a pickup truck towing a boat.

21 - 40 of 93 Posts