Votes: 20 30.3%
361 - 379 of 379 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
The side effects are just feeling sick for a day or two. I'll take that if it means better protection against the variants.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Would the test subjects that mix vaccines be considered fully vaccinated? Or would we have to get a second shot of Pfizer making it 3 shots total?

I'm really considering just delaying my second shot for a few months here till we figure out what the hell is going on. If we find out in 6 months everyone who was previously considered vaccinated needs a MRNA booster shot I'll maybe get one of those.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The side effects are just feeling sick for a day or two. I'll take that if it means better protection against the variants.
Of course. And weighting pros and cons you decided it is better for you.
There are people who weighting pros and cons have decided it isn't.
There isn't a right or wrong answer here since it depends from priorities, individuals' health, their history, etc.

·
Registered
7,378 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
The "side effects" of a strong immune response. It's a bit of discomfort, not people dying.

FWIW my reaction to dose 1 was significant.
Yes. You also didn't see people dying in AZ trials, yet they did when amount of people receiving the vaccine increased. This trial was done only on 830 people, and only aged above 50 - the group that already had significantly lower risk of serious side effects.
Is it possible that mixing doesn't increase risk of death? - Yes.
Is it possible it does - Yes.

All about willingness to take risks based on your own tolerance, age, health, size of cohorts used in studies, time elapsed, etc.

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
Yes. You also didn't see people dying in AZ trials, yet they did when amount of people receiving the vaccine increased. This trial was done only on 830 people, and only aged above 50 - the group that already had significantly lower risk of serious side effects.
Is it possible that mixing doesn't increase risk of death? - Yes.
Is it possible it does - Yes.

All about willingness to take risks based on your own tolerance, age, health, size of cohorts used in studies, time elapsed, etc.
People dying from AZ vaccine was trivial, like one in a million. I think only 5 in a million even had the clots.

Every medical intervention has the risk of serious side effects, that is why I don't think governments should mandate or force them.
That being said, the level of risk is incredibly low. Remember we mix and match different flu shots every year, and babies get a whole slew of different vaccines.

·
Registered
15,075 Posts
The vaccines had no long term studies or history.......so nobody knows what future problems will occur.

The media is full of ads from lawyers with class action lawsuits against drugs that were around for a long time before the problems were revealed.

Hope for the best but plan for the worst.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The vaccines had no long term studies or history.......so nobody knows what future problems will occur.

The media is full of ads from lawyers with class action lawsuits against drugs that were around for a long time before the problems were revealed.

Hope for the best but plan for the worst.
This is precisely the reason why in US one can't encourage, promote, and advertise vaccines or drugs under EUA. They can only do it after full approval.
But it is 2021 - who cares about such trivial things as law? - Let's have a million dollar lottery!

·
Registered
510 Posts
It seems like a complaint against the vaccine mixing is there is no proof of the long term efficacy of taking the vaccine that way. However i’m wondering if there is any proof of astrazeneca or pfizer’s long term efficacy? I’m also wondering if one could take the second dose of astrazeneca then still take a booster from pfizer once the efficacy of vaccine mixing is proven. On the other hand, astrozeneca is developing a booster for the south african virus. I don’t know what to do.:-(

·
Registered
20,727 Posts
They've determined it's safe, and likely offers better protection.

Have you ever looked at the brand on a vaccine vial before?
I've read more, and I changed my mind. I received Moderna and am 100% board with getting either Pfizer or Moderna for the second shot.

It turns out we do actually already mix brands of other common vaccines. For example, when I was growing up I received a MMR shot. This is actually noteworthy for other adults here, and I posted details in this thread: check your age against this article, because many Canadians received insufficient MMR vaccination.

Note in that thread that @m3s also mentioned that he's frequently received MMR boosters. Getting second/third shots is a standard practice with many common vaccinations. COVID-19 is likely going to become one of these as well.

Anyway, I told my US doctor about this and he said I should get another MMR booster shot. Let me point out this is about 20 or 25 years after the first shot, in case anyone thinks the timing of this stuff is too sensitive.

They definitely mixed brands, because there's no way this was the same MMR shot I got 20 years ago... but it was the recommended course of action.

·
Registered
11,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #375 ·
It seems like a complaint against the vaccine mixing is there is no proof of the long term efficacy of taking the vaccine that way. However i’m wondering if there is any proof of astrazeneca or pfizer’s long term efficacy? I’m also wondering if one could take the second dose of astrazeneca then still take a booster from pfizer once the efficacy of vaccine mixing is proven. On the other hand, astrozeneca is developing a booster for the south african virus. I don’t know what to do.:-(
My wife has a problem regarding 2nd dose.... She got AZ as the first one... Now we are discussing if it's better for her to get 2nd Pfizer or AZ ....she got freaked out when expiration date for AZ somehow got extended by 1 month....
P.S. Would you buy and eat expired sour cream that SuperStore decided to extend by one month?!

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
My wife has a problem regarding 2nd dose.... She got AZ as the first one... Now we are discussing if it's better for her to get 2nd Pfizer or AZ ....she got freaked out when expiration date for AZ somehow got extended by 1 month....
P.S. Would you buy and eat expired sour cream that SuperStore decided to extend by one month?!
Would you wear a hockey helmet that expired by 1 month?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a background with the last analogy made here and of course- you would not. However, Manufacturers of Food products put a BBD on all manner of products, even when they are absolutely not required by law- say cereal or canned soup. That is more an efficacy date. Your question likely falls towards that end, rather than a perishable product.

My wife & I certainly got our second AZ 11 days ago, based on that analysis.

·
Registered
167 Posts
18 year old woman killed by Astra Zeneca in Italy.
Emergency surgery to remove blood clot from her brain was unsuccessful.
Debate about putting in age restrictions again is starting

361 - 379 of 379 Posts