Votes: 5 9.3%
  • - already got it

Votes: 12 22.2%
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a lot of controversy regarding AZ vaccine.... Curious what is your opnion.... "to do or not to do"?!

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also, if anyone already got AZ vaccine.....did you have some side effects? My brother's wife had AZ in UK several months ago and is telling that she had strong headache

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
My younger relatives who got the "Pfizer" vaccine suffered migraines. So I guess headaches (even strong ones) are nothing new.

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
What is the latest European guidance on AZ? The last I heard, Germany has stopped using it for anyone under 60.

They're being super cautious.

The researcher who found the "issue" says you shouldn't hesitate to take the AZ vaccine.
His recommendation, and the lack of data showing it's an increased risk ( 1 or 2 in a million is effectively no risk), is enough for me.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Yes.

Over 60. Got our first shot last 10 days ago. Was not certain what we would get but were were both willing to take any one of the three. It was Pfizer.

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My younger relatives who got the "Pfizer" vaccine suffered migraines. So I guess headaches (even strong ones) are nothing new.
No doubt I'd go for Pfizer or Moderna, All my relatives got them, some back in January and no one reported any side effects.... but the situation with AZ looks very fishy .... ihmo, it would be banned in Canada all together if we wouldn't get 1.5M from US....
Just visited Rexall website where i can register for AZ, practically all today spots are available ... or people don't know that they can register online or everyone is scared of it...
I;m much more scared from AZ that from Covid itself.... esp after my daughter got it (she finish 10 days quarantine couple of days ago) and described it like mild cold...3-4 first days she just had a bit soar throat , no fever, no difficulty sleeping etc...

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
IMHO, similar dilemma is gonna be for many on CMF :) , I also not excited that AZ gives only 70% or so efficiency.
Also, my wife is 45 and definitely is not going to get AZ , 3 days mandatory quarantine very likely to be extended beyond Apr 21 and we need vaccines mostly for save travel ...
I just don't see any benefits inserting some unknown liquid into my body :(

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes.

Over 60. Got our first shot last 10 days ago. Was not certain what we would get but were were both willing to take any one of the three. It was Pfizer.
I'd also get Pfizer 100%, my question is specific to AZ.
My mom is 100% against AZ (she got Moderna), my wife suggesting to get AZ ... Hell knows what to do !!!!!

·
Registered
20,320 Posts
I;m much more scared from AZ that from Covid itself.... esp after my daughter got it (she finish 10 days quarantine couple of days ago) and described it like mild cold.
I think you are misinterpreting the danger of COVID.

As I mentioned, I know 4 people who caught COVID (very young people), of which
  • 2 ended up in hospital
  • 1 had virtually nothing happen to him

Hospitals across Canada are full of rather young, healthy people who have serious COVID. If you are over age 25, you should be worried about the disease.

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think you are misinterpreting the danger of COVID.

As I mentioned, I know 4 people who caught COVID (very young people) and two of them ended up in hospital. And one of the 4 had virtually nothing happen to him.

Hospitals across Canada are full of rather young, healthy people who have serious COVID. If you are over age 25, you should be worried about the disease.
james, imho, you are exaggerating ... I know couple of dozens people who had Covid (among my relatives and friends), only 1 visited for short time hospital ... for other it was like a flu...
and I suppose my daughter should have me genes :)

I'm also kinda fatalist ... it's up yo G-d if I get Covid and what is gonna be end result.... with AZ , you on purpose injection a very controversial liquid....

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just check life stats in Mississauga.... with population 722,000 , in my age bracket 50-59 , just 135 ever hospitalized (not even ICU) = 0.018% and 11 deaths = 0.0015% . this is extremely low

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
This is really easy. If you are comfortable with the vaccine, whichever one, then take it.

If not don't. It is a personal decision. Everyone has an opinion. Decide and move forward. Just because we were vaccinated, or vaccinated with Pfizer does not in any way suggest that we are urging others to do the same or that our decision was the right one. It was right for us.

·
Registered
20,320 Posts
Just check life stats in Mississauga.... with population 722,000 , in my age bracket 50-59 , just 135 ever hospitalized (not even ICU) = 0.018% and 11 deaths = 0.0015% . this is extremely low
You are talking as if 772,000 people caught COVID. That's not what happened. Only a small number of people caught COVID, and 135 were hospitalized.

The important question is, among people who catch COVID, how many end up in hospital?

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is really easy. If you are comfortable with the vaccine, whichever one, then take it.

If not don't. It is a personal decision. Everyone has an opinion. Decide and move forward. Just because we were vaccinated, or vaccinated with Pfizer does not in any way suggest that we are urging others to do the same or that our decision was the right one. It was right for us.
I completely understand .....but now, when I can book and get AZ in 1 hours....I'm kinda anxious :). and I've never been anxious from fear to get Covid...
Just check official Ontario vaccination website... looks like you can book Pfizer or Moderna if you are 60+ ... maybe I opt to wait couple of months when I will be eligible

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
All I know at this point in time (April 5, 2021, a year + in a pandemic), you can't convince selfish people. I'm out of breath doing that.

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You are talking as if 772,000 people caught COVID. That's not what happened. Only a small number of people caught COVID, and 135 were hospitalized.

The important question is, among people who catch COVID, how many end up in hospital?
Depends what are looking for....:) In order to get to Hospital, you first need to get Covid and it's only 0.018%...
Actually nobody know how many got Covid as 80-90% are asymptomatic or very mild, they don;t even get reported

1 - 20 of 137 Posts