Canadian Money Forum banner

Would you get a Pfizer or Moderna vaccine?

• - yes

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • - no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • - not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • - already got it

Votes: 7 29.2%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting results on the poll about the Astrazeneca vaccine.

I thought we should have a control group poll about mRNA vaccines to compare.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I did get a Moderna vaccine as it was the only one(to my knowledge) offered in Yellowknife.

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
As I mentioned in other thread , I'd get Pfizer or Moderna (or even Sputnik V) anytime! All my friends and relatives who got those 3 are completely fine , w/o any side effects.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yes for sure, preference for pfizer simply because that's what friends and family have been getting, but I'll take either or

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Got our second Pfizer jab yesterday. All done for at least 6 months.

We did have headaches, stiffness and elevated temperatures, unlike the first jab when we went out to dinner with friends.

In a couple of weeks, we wil get our vaccine passports.

The interval was right on the CDC maximum recommended 42 days.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My wife and I got our first Pfizer shots last week with no problems or side affects. Nice feeling to get started.

·
Registered
20,313 Posts
A few of my (older) family members got their Pfizer shots this week. I'm feeling happy about that.

So far I haven't heard of any side effects among any of my family.

I'm younger and can't get vaccinated for a while, though. With covid now out of control in Canada, I'm on my highest alert and playing everything safe. Only wearing KN95 masks. Even when picking up takeout food, I wait for the store to clear before setting foot inside. A new shipment of KN95 masks arrived at my door today.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Before, I might want to wait a little bit longer to get vaccine, but as now the government and our people fail to contain the spread. It left me no choice but to take it immediately whenever it becomes available to me. Maybe after USA finished vaccination, they will give Canada some. Finger Crossed.

·
Registered
894 Posts
The wife and I got a hit of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday in Winnipeg. I give them credit for a well managed process. I booked online 2 weeks ago which took less than 2 minutes. There was a 15 minute wait after we got there. One sits in place while they come to you with a wheeled cart. Very efficient way of doing it. The age requirement is dropping every day and is down to 65 in Manitoba now.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
We managed to get booked in for next week because we fall in an high risk group. AB now has all adults in high risk groups eligible for pftizer.

I know other people who were not eligible yet but were able to get in because some people are not showing to their appointments and then they are throwing away the vaccine because of the short shelf life once thawed.
Many of my friends have now started calling pharmacies and places near the end of the day to see if they have any doses they might chuck or if there is a waitlist. Some pharmacies are organized enough to keep a wait list, others are just overwhelmed. Fortunately, my family has a pretty good network and call out system. They had 500 extra doses at one pharmacy, they dropped the age to 60, and we personally dozens of our family members and friends and all but two got in. Another pharmacy had a few shots that would expire in less than 30 minutes, our cousin just happened to be in the store and asked about a wait list, and they gave it to her right away.

I am disgusted that someone didn’t think of how to manage this. I am disgusted at the number of People booking multiple places and not cancelling.

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
^ The facility administering the shots should charge a fee (+ tax) for a "no-show (without a legitimate reason eg. emergency" for these disgusting selfish people.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
^ I agree, or if miss a shot, you have to wait until the next round of people all register. However, the systems are not linked with the pharmacies. I think about all the shots that just went to waste, even if it's one or two doses a day at each location. Challenging times really bring out both the best and worst of people.

·
Registered
14,664 Posts
Good on you for being so resourceful Plugging.

There should be a better system in place though.

It is beyond comprehension that vaccines may be going to waste.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts