Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19,484 Posts
It is unfortunate that laws are necessary to stop certain elements of society from openly displaying the worst of human nature, but that is the reality today.

The laws are long overdue.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Wait for it. The worse offenders of social media are the same people who will accuse these kinds of legislation as censorship, thought control and loss of freedom of expression.

And, I hear that any discussion about the January 6th committee is banned from Truth Social.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
How about take some responsibility and teach your kids not to be morons

I was on the internet at a young age when there was far less awareness about these scams

You're bombarded with all kinds of scams and it's pretty obvious. If it's too good to be true..

·
Registered
9,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How about take some responsibility and teach your kids not to be morons

I was on the internet at a young age when there was far less awareness about these scams

You're bombarded with all kinds of scams and it's pretty obvious. If it's too good to be true..
... the irony coming from you. LMAO.

·
Registered
19,484 Posts
Yea.......the advancement of technology.

Consider a fake video that looks so real that only an expert analysis could tell the video is fake, being used to create panic among the masses.

For example.......a video of a big city mayor telling residents to leave the city immediately due to an imminent massive explosion in the city.

Or a "leaked" video of the POTUS advising politicians from "Air Force One" that an imminent nuclear attack by Russia is expected and to evacuate big cities.

Political interference by foreign entities, most notably during elections, advising people there are food shortages, anything that causes panic or distrust.

Russia has abandoned secrecy and wants people to know they are posting content, so they can claim being the only honest broker of information.

We aren't living in Dorothy's Kansas anymore.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Against my better judgment I read sags post and verified why they are on ignore. Everything they stated is already covered by existing laws. They lie repeatedly and are incapable of any form of reason.

·
Registered
14,959 Posts
Good discussion on the problems with social media.

I am increasingly coming around to the idea that social media companies need to be regulated. Not so much for content/bias whatever, but the total lack of ethical consideration for how the algorithms they use affect users. Maybe they should be subject to independent audit and class actions for negative impacts on users.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts