Canadian Money Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Russia is plotting to stage acts of provocation to create a pretext to invade Ukraine, a US official has said.
A Pentagon spokesman said Russian operatives were planning a "false-flag" operation, to allow Moscow to accuse Ukraine of preparing an attack.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Another clickbait title

It's been publicly known they were there for quite some time. I guess if the journalist says they just learned about they can make a title as if it just happened

Journalism is borderline misinformation nowadays

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
No argument here. I found it interesting that "Neither the government nor the Canadian Forces would officially confirm the special forces presence in Ukraine when contacted by Global News".
Which begs the question where does one go to source actually news instead of clickbait and opinion pieces? I find periodicals and peer reviewed journals offer some substance when looking for content but not when it comes to current events.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
No argument here. I found it interesting that "Neither the government nor the Canadian Forces would officially confirm the special forces presence in Ukraine when contacted by Global News".
Which begs the question where does one go to source actually news instead of clickbait and opinion pieces? I find periodicals and peer reviewed journals offer some substance when looking for content but not when it comes to current events.
Try the Government of Canada website: Operation UNIFIER - Canada.ca

Quote:
September 2020Canadian Special Operations Forces Command (CANSOFCOM) personnel joined Joint Task Force Ukraine in support of existing training development and capacity building efforts.

They have a list of all current operations: Current operations list - Canada.ca

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Real news is on twitter unfortunately and believe it or not

You'd be surprised what we get from twitter before it comes down official channels nowadays

Journalists even write entire articles based on a few tweets

61 - 66 of 66 Posts