Canadian Money Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
10,196 Posts
You had to ask. Apparently sags thinks HVAC is AC. I don't think sags or beaver paid attention in elementary school
... of course not as I didn't attend a technical school. Anyone knows that HVAC stands for Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning. And whoopie that only you know its acronym.

Woosh. Impressive actually
... well? I'm spouting nonsense according to you so what's the answer?

• Haha
Reactions: m3s

·
Registered
19,949 Posts
As I posted.....most landlords don't supply HVAC unless it is new buildings, because they don't supply the AC part of HVAC .......duh !

MS3 still hasn't answered the question why tenants would want to lug a heater tank around with them everywhere they move, or why landlords would want tenants to lug in an old heater tank when they move in and leave it when they move out. I doubt the next tenant wants to inherit a 25 year old hot water tank ?

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
As I posted.....most landlords don't supply HVAC unless it is new buildings, because they don't supply the AC part of HVAC .......duh !
What do you call a HVAC mechanic?

Oh yea who called him "The guy who installs our window AC every year" 🤣

MS3 still has answered the question why tenants would want to lug a heater tank around with them everywhere they move, or why landlords would want tenants to lug in an old heater tank when they move in and leave it when they move out. You think the next tenant wants to inherit a 25 year old hot water tank ?
Why don't tenants rent HVAC then sags? Why don't tenants lug their HVAC everywhere they move sags?

This discussion really highlights how you think and understand finances.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
it is.
HVAC
Stop taking things way out of context

I said I could see HVAC rentals making some sense before hot water tanks. Instead of explaining why people rent hot water tanks instead of HVAC you and sags want to argue that not everyone has AC

I never said everyone has AC or that HVAC isn't AC ffs.

I could see HVAC rentals making some sense as not everyone could afford replacing or repairing a HVAC.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
What do you call a HVAC mechanic?
Rob, because that's his name.

Honestly If it isn't making heat I ask for a furnace guy, if it ins't making cold (air) I ask for an AC guy. or I just might ask for an HVAC guy.

Why don't tenants rent HVAC then sags? Why don't tenants lug their HVAC everywhere they move sags?
Typically HVAC is the installed system, but Reliance rents those too.

Portable AC units are just that, portable units.
Some people buy them, but if you're sufficiently bad at math, you can rent them for

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Typically HVAC is the installed system, but Reliance rents those too.
My original question was why do so many Ontarians rent hot water tanks but not HVAC systems?

If you want to argue pointless semantics why do Ontarians not rent their furnace without cooling or ventilation if they rent their hot water tank but not the cold water pump or plumbing? It would appear to me a furnace without ventilation or cooling is more expensive to buy and maintain than a hot water tank but not the cold water pump or plumbing?

I appears to me to be like the $100 HDMI cable on a $1k TV or the $9k protection package on a $90k SUV. Easy money

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
My original question was why do so many Ontarians rent hot water tanks but not HVAC systems?
History, they've done it that way, so they keep doing it that way.

The option to rent furnaces is there, but most new builds include a furnace (but oddly not AC)

Cold water pump? Most houses don't have one.
If you mean sump pump, at $100 to buy I don't think they're worth the paperwork.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
m3s is intent on bending over to pick up pennies on the road in front of the oncoming steamroller.
Talk about burning money eh

Maybe I should support the Ontario union workers by buying a $90k domestic brand SUV designed in Korea and built by cheap forced labour in China

Glad we pay taxes to bail out that scam of a failed company eh sags

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Landlords are required by law to provide heat, so rental units have furnaces. They aren't required to supply AC so many don't have it.
So you get a "guy" to install and remove a window AC every year?

The guy who installs and removes our window AC units every year has a busy full time business from customers in rental buildings.

The rest of your post is laughable.
Every time you type I realize it's worse than I thought 😂 Impressive

·
Registered
19,949 Posts
Yup......we get a guy to install, remove and service our 3 window air conditioners. He puts them in securely and with plexiglass filling in the glass space.

Our neighbour installed his own units. He just had surgery for a double hernia yesterday......don't know if it is related but it could be.

Our guy says he is getting too old to be lugging the air conditioners up and down stairs, so he brings a young guy with him to do the heavy lifting.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 · (Edited)
... 7 figures ... wooosh!!!!
7 figures is not even what I said and it's not gone at all. I'm afraid you have poor reading and/or memory

If you are foolish enough to rent a hot water tank then you probably made a lot of similar decisions and I can see the outcome

If you spend 10 years on a finance forum and don't understand the basics then I'm sorry I can't help you

·
Registered
10,196 Posts
7 figures is not even what I said and it's not gone at all. I'm afraid you have poor reading and/or memory
... repeat this again. You didn't say you made 7 figures? Then it must be 6 figures but then that's would be too little according you as you can't even buy a house here in TO/Vancouver. So was it my memory and reading poor or is it more like yours?

I didn't say it was "all gone", never claimed that. Now I will ... repeat: WOOSH ... with declining cryto junk. That 7 figures will become 6 and then 5, 4, 3, 2 ... since I'm bad at math.

If you are foolish enough to rent a hot water tank then you probably made a lot of similar decisions and I can see the outcome
... good for you. It's your narrative.

If you spend 10 years on a finance forum and don't understand the basics then I'm sorry I can't help you
... neither can I help your ingenuity ... in scheming and scamming others. I admit I don't have your expertise on this ... not even the basics in teaching the Scheme & Scam course. At least I know it doesn't cost C$15K rental fees for a $1K tank ... even with a "calculator". LMAO...

• Haha
Reactions: m3s

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
That 7 figures will become 6 and then 5, 4, 3, 2 ... since I'm bad at math.
It says a lot that you think 7 figures is a lot when it isn't even the number

I wouldn't waste any money on RE in TO because you get nothing but bad traffic

Lots of cows apparently but why buy the cow when the milk is free

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I would have just had a clause "removal of all rental equipment" or "rental contracts not assumed by buyer"
We made the contract conditional on them paying out the rental on the furnace so that it would be owned by us. But in the end we couldn't agree on price so I can't say how it would have worked out.

81 - 100 of 135 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.