Canadian Money Forum banner

5541 - 5548 of 5548 Posts

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Trump won't govern the way he campaigned and the GOP can't get their sh-t together?

·
Registered
12,720 Posts
To be fair, it appears the Democrats are also suffering a vacuum in leadership and a tug of war has already begun.

The difference is they aren't in power and nobody cares about them right now.

·
Registered
12,720 Posts
Trump won't govern the way he campaigned and the GOP can't get their sh-t together?
I don't think it is possible for Trump to fulfill all his promises. It would bankrupt the US.

The US has a budget deficit already. They have a looming Social Security crisis and Trump wants to increase spending for the military.

While he increases all this spending, including building a wall and subsidizing Obamacare for high risk people, he wants to reduce taxes.

I think most CMFers would agree that combination just doesn't work out well.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
^fair eenough.

Trump is so much of an unknown. I think it has a lot of young people scared.

·
Registered
12,720 Posts
And there is the $1 Trillion dollar 10 year infrastructure spending proposed by Trump, that Republican lobby groups aren't particularly thrilled about, but Democrats and unions think is a great idea.

"Conservatives do not view infrastructure spending as an economic stimulus, and congressional Republicans rightly rejected that approach in 2009,” said Holler, whose group is the political arm of The Heritage Foundation.

Trump told the Wall Street Journal and in an interview that will be aired on 60 minutes that he favors keeping popular portions of Obamacare. He also said he would "reach out" to President Obama and Bill Clinton for advice and said he appreciated Hillary Clinton's concession phone call. He understands how hard emotionally it was for her.

It looks like the Trumps and Clintons may be able to mend fences and become good friends again.

And the wall........sources say the plan is to scale back the wall to a bit of additional fencing and increasing the number of border guards who belong to a union who supported Trump. That might be something Democrats could support.

Trump's revised agenda is starting to look more liberal than Hillary Clintons.

·
Registered
10,519 Posts
... He is already backing away from repealing Obamacare.
^might happen but Ryan and McConnell have bills ready to go on day one ...
I doubt it ... what's in a back away from something that is relatively easy to do for Trump?
Nothing I can see.

The fractious and split Republican members and lobby groups are already arguing over whose "agenda" Trump should follow ...
It is easy to say you are going to do something, but when it gets down the nuts and bolts......it is a lot more difficult to keep a very diverse group happy ...
Aren't you selling the guy who has mastered the deal short?

Isn't this sort of wrangling then an agreement supposed to be his forte?

... More to come ...
True ....

Cheers

·
Registered
12,720 Posts
Trump can't repeal Obamacare without replacing it with something else. It would leave 20 million Americans with no health care at all.

I can see it now, a patient being wheeled into surgery and an accountant running down the hallway waving his arms........

"Stop, stop........cancel the operation. Trump repealed his health care an hour ago".

View attachment 12954

5541 - 5548 of 5548 Posts