Canadian Money Forum banner

241 - 260 of 467 Posts

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
A contact in Portland tells me that the city is about to start fining the federal police for each 15 minutes that their fence illegaly blocks public paths.

There is also now talk that the federal police are going to withdraw from Portland.
That's been claimed earlier.

I'd be very curious what grounds they have to interfere with law enforcement activities.

The reality is if there weren't rioters attacking the courthouse, there'd be no reason for them.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Two months since the riots, and still no “National Conversation”
Of the dozens and dozens of randomly-selected black Americans that I have so far spoken to across the United States, only two expressed what one might call a “positive” view of the riots, and they were both young men. Everyone else I have encountered is unabashedly scornful of rioting, and many even express apprehensions about the basic logic of a movement referred to as “Black Lives Matter,” which incongruously appears to them to have caused increased suffering in their predominantly black neighborhoods.
By Michael Tracey
July 26, 2020

‘Racism is structural, and state neglect can be as deadly as state abuse. It does not always take a knee on the neck to kill someone. Poverty, overcrowding, and unequal access to healthcare can be fatal.’

"We insisted on reserving the right to bomb niggers."
==David Lloyd George (British prime minister, 1916-1922)==

Sand and Desert Ni-g-g-ers:

The UN Sanctions Regime In Iraq’, Hans von Sponeck, former UN Humanitarian Coordinator for Iraq, wrote that during ‘phase V’ of the Oil-For-Food programme,

.... From November 1998 to May 1999, each Iraqi citizen received a food allocation worth $49, or 27 cents per day.

.... ‘the UN was more humane with its dogs than with the Iraqi people’: each UN dog was allocated $160 for food over the same period.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Comment from an Asian on a forum tonite:

hong kong people re saying "you can't kill us all" and seeing what is happening to Uyghurs, they are starting to doubt that.
Portland people are just people who didn't **** in years with low IQ trying every stupid ways to busy themselves

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Comment from an Asian on a forum tonite:

hong kong people re saying "you can't kill us all" and seeing what is happening to Uyghurs, they are starting to doubt that.
Portland people are just people who didn't **** in years with low IQ trying every stupid ways to busy themselves

View attachment 20431
I guess the grass is always greener on the other side.
Though I don't see any of these protestors in Portland moving to China or North Korea anytime soon.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Though I don't see any of these protestors in Portland moving to China or North Korea anytime soon.
Yeah, if any of that lot had to experience being a citizen in North Korea or China they'd get to see what real problems were.

ltr

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Yeah, if any of that lot had to experience being a citizen in North Korea or China they'd get to see what real problems were.

ltr
Well, it's a double edged sword.
I'm glad that we live such privileged and prosperous lives that most literally can not conceive or comprehend how much worse it could be.
It's very unfortunate that they're spending all this energy to destroy our society, but again, their ignorance is due to our wonderful success.

·
Registered
13,588 Posts
You see injustice. You want to do something to bring light on the subject in a busy world, so you organize a peaceful protest.

The media starts to report it, and then the crazies move in and turn the protest into a violent one or take it totally off the rails.

Some of the crazies are paid to do it, while others are just crazy. There is a long history of companies and powerful people paying people to infiltrate otherwise good organizations. Crazy people will aways find a "cause" as an excuse to unleash their destructive side.

The most effective way to disrupt an organization or progress is to join it and destroy it from the inside by your actions.

I think we are seeing some of that in recent protests.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
You see injustice. You want to do something to bring light on the subject in a busy world, so you organize a peaceful protest.

The media starts to report it, and then the crazies move in and turn the protest into a violent one or take it totally off the rails.

Some of the crazies are paid to do it, while others are just crazy. There is a long history of companies and powerful people paying people to infiltrate otherwise good organizations. Crazy people will aways find a "cause" as an excuse to unleash their destructive side.

The most effective way to disrupt an organization or progress is to join it and destroy it from the inside by your actions.

I think we are seeing some of that in recent protests.
I agree, and that's why most people are okay with the protests, but not okay with the violence.
There was a protest where they kicked out troublemakers, unfortunately one of them came back and shot people.

It's a hard balance.

That being said, some of these groups are also pushing bad and harmful ideas.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
American Exceptionalism

What is happening in Portland is also an example of American exceptionalism. When the US does something wrong, it needs to be pointed out, yet we ignore when our allies do it and when we do it abroad. Israel regularly targets medics during demonstrations.

For months when Palestinian protesters were there at the border wall in Gaza demanding to be able to go home the IDF or Occupation army with their snipers took aim and successfully shot medics, identified journalists, people running back, and of course anyone with a rock that couldn’t even reach them. US media looked and looks the other way.
By Myles Hoenig
July 31, 2020
(PDF Document)

·
Registered
18,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
Why would they move to China? These are proud Americans who believe in freedom and their constitutional rights. The protesters in Portland are some of the only people who are actually stepping up for their core American values -- independence and freedom from government oppression.

We have American and Canadian military people who've fought around the world, supposedly in defence of these kinds of freedoms.

Portland/Oregon residents are actually standing up for those rights on home soil and they should be applauded for it. I am still waiting to hear Eder and MrMatt express their gratitude to them. Without citizens standing up for these rights, we all are in danger of governments that get out of hand. This is how the people keep power-hungry despots in check.

But Oregonians aren't waiting around for some Canadian nobodys on message boards to praise them. They know their rights and they know what it means to be American, even if Trumpers and Republicans don't.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Why would they move to China? These are proud Americans who believe in freedom and their constitutional rights. The protesters in Portland are some of the only people who are actually stepping up for their core American values -- independence and freedom from government oppression.

We have American and Canadian military people who've fought around the world, supposedly in defence of these kinds of freedoms.

Portland/Oregon residents are actually standing up for those rights on home soil and they should be applauded for it. I am still waiting to hear Eder and MrMatt express their gratitude to them. Without citizens standing up for these rights, we all are in danger of governments that get out of hand. This is how the people keep power-hungry despots in check.

But Oregonians aren't waiting around for some Canadian nobodys on message boards to praise them. They know their rights and they know what it means to be American, even if Trumpers and Republicans don't.
I've already said, in this thread.

I'm okay with the protesters, good for them.
I'm against the violent rioters, bad for them.

In fact I've been rather consistent that there are two different acts here, and they elicit 2 different responses.

If you're attacking the courthouse, you're not a peaceful protester.

As far as gratitude, that's an interesting one. I'm not grateful for people pushing bad ideas.
I'm willing to accept protesters and people pushing bad ideas, that's part of the deal with free speech.

I don't have to be grateful for people pushing nonsense. They're literally flying the Soviet flag, they are grossly misinformed on the impact of the agenda they're promoting.

The reality is that while there are bad cops out there, look at the Vegas shooting/execution. They're the minority, we need to do more to weed them out.

I want more police, more funding, more training and more supervision.
More support units and more liaisons with special services and alternate intervention strategies.

In the Floyd case they've already charged the responsible officer, overcharged IMO, which will cause a huge mess when the verdict is released. I think the real problem is that the Chauvin had a history of problems that should have been dealt with earlier. It was really more of a case of improper supervision that allowed him to remain on the force.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I think that it is "Violent" and cruel when the Economic Terrorists allow a "Culture" of extreme inequality to permeate and infect communities and livlihoods.

The system has "Poisoned" citizens in a very "Violent" fashion.

50 million or more needing food stamps shows the Gold Medal of violence being applied by the Economic Terrorists.

And the Ruling Class created this "Violence", beginning with Ronnie Ray-Gun.
And the "Trickle Down Clowns".

The Economic Terrorists (and their para-military forces) have violently created this continent of bitterness and would now beat-in the heads of citzens because it all happened "Unconsciously" and unintentionally.

Economic Terrorists are claiming that Inequality happens and persists because of an "Unconscious Bias". (Kinda' like how racism happened.)

Nobody saw or recognized how violently and relentlessly citizens have been "Beat Down with Trickle Down".

Don't ask the protesters to cool their jets.

Demand that the Economic Terrorists now fostering this "Anger" quit being so violent themselves.

Edit:
"People are mostly done thinking about what divides us, and are gearing up to fight instead. "

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Lawsuit alleges Black Lives Matter protesters are being priced out of civil rights; cost of protective clothing too high

A group of protesters has sued the Seattle government, arguing that “unmitigated police violence” has imposed a monetary cost on their right to demonstrate freely, forcing them to buy expensive gear to safely confront the cops.

Filed by five plaintiffs who took part in ongoing protests in Seattle, the suit seeks a temporary restraining order barring the city’s police department from wielding force and crowd control munitions on demonstrators, alleging heavy-handed police tactics have made “safe protest prohibitive,” as “one needs an exceptional amount of protective gear to enjoy that freedom.”

“Because the Seattle Police Department has acted above and outside the law in dispensing its unbridled force, and the city has failed to prevent [the] same, the… effect is to establish a de facto protest tax,” ....
----
"Individual protesters subjected to SPD’s unabated and indiscriminate violence now must purchase cost-prohibitive gear to withstand munitions – even when peacefully protesting – as a condition to exercising their right to free speech and peaceable assembly."
August 03, 2020

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
The "Anger" on the street is huge.

No more respect and no more trust towards authority figures .....

The host actually encourages those who support the health officials to Take It To The Streets.

Get out on the street and support or confront the opposition.

Public Health & The Pandemic
Public health officials are leaving their jobs amid death threats, political fights
New York City’s health commissioner resigned on Tuesday, the latest in a wave of public health officials around the country who have resigned, retired, or been fired amid unprecedented pressure since the pandemic began. Senior national correspondent Kate Snow talked to four officials about the troubling trend.
NBC - Today
Correspondent: Kate Snow
August 05, 2020
(Flash Video)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
This lawsuit against the NRA is an attempt to "Bankrupt" the NRA.
New York has a lot more money than the NRA has.
And this lawsuit created (will continue to create) enough legal work for clerks and lawyers ..... a bail-out for the industry.

Government has a "Lifetime" and is going to bury the NRA in paperwork and destroy the "Myth".

They are not going to take guns off the street, they are just going to quit selling ammunition suited for these guns. Ammunition will have ID chips as part of the chemical gunpowder compound.

New York is also promoting and staffing patrols on the borders.
S\topping traffic and demanding to know .....
Where you are from? ..... Where are you going? And wear this tracking device.

Trump can easily take control of these "Check Points".
The Patriot Act allows Federal Troops to operate any of these highway inspections.

If you are a protester ....... if you carried a cell phone to any protest, you will be hassled.

It may be a possibility that if the virus "Appears" to be out of control is intentional, there may come a time where Trump hires the National Guard to carry out the Test/Trace program and also the new vaccination program.

The American military can not continue living in cramped barracks. If a sports player living in a "Bubble" can't avoid an infection, we know that America needs to have most soldiers return from foreign shores and to families and communities within the country.

The virus being out of control may have the public pleading Trump to "Hire" some military resources and get control.

It makes no sense that a country with the brains to organize a moon landing, and dream about Mars ...... But is unable to "Organize" a national effort to get control of this contagion.

The more I see this "Out Of Control" scenario has me believe this could be quite intentional.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
O’Keefe vs FBI: Denied Constitutional Right to Bear Arms

Project Veritas Founder James O'Keefe III (born June 28, 1984) is an American conservative political activist and provocateur.
August 06, 2020
(YouTube Video)

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Looks like Portland had record shootings and murders in July.
I guess it's also Trumps fault that violent crime is at multi-decade highs.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Because of this virus the CIA has lost the supply chain out of Afghanistan supplying heroin to American cities.
Millions of heroin addicts are in desperate need of a fix.
Violence will happen in all major population centers.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Minneapolis Announces Plan To Replace Police Officers With Thousands Of Heavily Armed Social Workers

....The mayor outlined a plan that dramatically restructured the municipality’s approach to public safety, replacing its nearly 850 police officers with a similar number of social workers, who would be dispatched to city streets and have at their disposal firearms, bulletproof vests, tear gas, armored vehicles with gun turrets, and other tools to enhance their service to the community.

....“We have heard your call,” Frey added, “and rest-assured: The next time you contact the authorities, a licensed professional equipped with empathy, emotional intelligence, active listening skills, and a whole lot of firepower will be headed your way.”
August 06, 2020

241 - 260 of 467 Posts