Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I was wondering what should I do with my life? I'm really happy that I am finally out of high school, and I know that I have to enter college or university in the future. I have saved some cash for my education, and I'm thinking of taking business programs or courses, in order to earn the financial education.

So I'm wondering, am I doing the right thinking? Would that give me ability to buy and sell or rent houses, apartments, etc? Perhaps start online business as well? The problem is that I'm not sure which college should I go to. If any of you live in Calgary or know about the city, it would be greatly appreciated if you could help me out!

Thank you for reading.

p.s. I'm also in need of a car, is there anyway to find the insurance rates for types of models?

·
Banned
701 Posts
To learn more practical ways of making money, I would suggest visiting your local library or bookstore and going to the finance section. Look at the books and find one that seems understandable and read it.

Many people go through business school but have limited to no knowledge about accumulating wealth.

·
Registered
4 Posts
To learn more practical ways of making money, I would suggest visiting your local library or bookstore and going to the finance section. Look at the books and find one that seems understandable and read it.

Many people go through business school but have limited to no knowledge about accumulating wealth.
Thanks for sharing your opinion, it will surely help me.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Just a comment - be careful with a car purchase. They can be very expensive (purchase price, depreciation, maintenance, gas, insurance, new tires, etc). That's money not available for education or investment elsewhere.

Of course you may be in a situation where you truly need a car, but just be aware of the costs, and the alternatives out there (public transit, rentals). Be aware of the costs and benefits, and make the choice right for you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
if you want to go toward a business program, be prepared to do at least a bachelor degree.

There are tons of post high school business program that won't lead anywhere. Most positions require a bachelor degree in business admin.

good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts