• Others

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Not going to vote

Votes: 6 9.1%
161 - 180 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
Most politicians would probably fail lie detector tests.

But it also is the fault of the people for allowing them to make pledges, break them soon after being elected, and then stay in office.

Maybe what we need is a recall mechanism. It has gotten the atttention of the Governor of California and President Biden.
Don't hear recalls for Trudeau.

Of course McGuinty is the biggest liar in my political memory.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
I voted for the candidate. Could not bring myself to vote for our local incumbent Conservative MP. He will get elected without my vote.

We had the exact same issue in our previous riding when Rob Anders was our MP. He was so bad that even the local Conservative riding association decided to kick him to the curb.

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
If Trudeau is so bad why aren't Canadians kicking him to the curb like they did to McGuinty and Harper ?

There seems to be a disconnect among voters themselves about what constitutes a 'bad leader".

·
Registered
12,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Hi
If Trudeau is so bad why aren't Canadians kicking him to the curb like they did to McGuinty and Harper ?

There seems to be a disconnect among voters themselves about what constitutes a 'bad leader".
First of all we have a very bad election system.
Last election Libs got less popular vote than Cons! (we'll see this one).
Government brings here very specific immigrants that for sure will vote Liberals.
btw, Italy and Germany also elected Mussolini and Hitler.... were they good leaders?!

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
Hitler was never elected and I don't know about Mussolin, but the closest we have to a facist leader in Canada is Bernier..........not Trudeau.

·
Registered
12,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
Hitler was never elected and I don't know about Mussolin, but the closest we have to a facist leader in Canada is Bernier..........not Trudeau.
Obviously that you were learning history in Canada :ROFLMAO: , Both Mussolini and Hitler won democratic elections...... and Bernier never was elected (except when he was Conservative in his QC riding)

·
Registered
788 Posts
i am disturbed about Justin Trudeau’s actions in the SNC Lavalin affair and his subsequent lies. He will not be getting my vote. For the record, I lean Conservative but voted Liberal in 2015 due to disgust with Stephen Harper and the Duffy matter.
That’s basically how I voted, not that I support other party, I just voted against JT, for the party that has the most chance of beating him.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts

Is this a real question?

It is largely the recent immigrants, poor people, and "do gooders" or LGBTQRS2+ that are voting for Trudeau.

Most sensible people with money and good education who were born in this country are not voting Trudeau.

Not to say all immigrants are, because they aren't, but if you have family you send money home to... Or family you are still trying to get into Canada, you are definitely voting Trudeau.

Keep in mind... Most successful people and intelligent people take risk because they can see opportunity. Less intelligent or complacent people don't like chance and they will vote for whoever the current PM is regardless of who they are just to avoid change.

·
Registered
12,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
Is this a real question?

It is largely the recent immigrants, poor people, and "do gooders" or LGBTQRS2+ that are voting for Trudeau.

Most sensible people with money and good education who were born in this country are not voting Trudeau.

Not to say all immigrants are, because they aren't, but if you have family you send money home to... Or family you are still trying to get into Canada, you are definitely voting Trudeau.

Keep in mind... Most successful people and intelligent people take risk because they can see opportunity. Less intelligent or complacent people don't like chance and they will vote for whoever the current PM is regardless of who they are just to avoid change.
"Most sensible people with money and good education who were born in this country" aren't living in Canada, sorry :)

And if you check official stats "immigrants per country" - you will see what's going on!
I bet that all Syrian "refugees" will be voting Trudeau, and I'm not familiar with even 1 Israeli/Russian/Ukranian/Polish who vote Trudeau

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
"Most sensible people with money and good education who were born in this country" aren't living in Canada, sorry :)

And if you check official stats "immigrants per country" - you will see what's going on!
I bet that all Syrian "refugees" will be voting Trudeau, and I'm not familiar with even 1 Israeli/Russian/Ukranian/Polish who vote Trudeau
You are right.

And I have told you before. I have many friends from Poland, Serb and Mother Russia... All of them are voting PPC or CPC.

·
Registered
12,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
You are right.

And I have told you before. I have many friends from Poland, Serb and Mother Russia... All of them are voting PPC or CPC.
For sure! And I bet that nobody voting this guy

Arm Gesture Thumb Event Blazer

All World would be laughing if this racist becomes PM LOL

·
Registered
21,547 Posts
Good article about PPC rise

Absolutely agree with Mad Max
"Bernier's pitch to voters also includes a plan to "defund" the CBC, balance the budget quickly, cut all foreign aid, "say no to the UN" — a body he calls "a dysfunctional organization" — and pull out of the Paris climate accord. "
gibor I hope you choose to make a difference and vote PPC. They seem to have all your values.

You should visit some of their support rallies as well. Have you considered attending their election night party? I bet it will be a really fun time. Bernier seems like a friendly guy and I'm sure he would be happy to meet you and shake hands.

Remember to tell everyone at the PPC event that you're an immigrant. Tell them some of your charming stories about Israel too.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
gibor I hope you choose to make a difference and vote PPC. They seem to have all your values.

You should visit some of their support rallies as well. Have you considered attending their election night party? I bet it will be a really fun time. Bernier seems like a friendly guy and I'm sure he would be happy to meet you and shake hands.

Remember to tell everyone at the PPC event that you're an immigrant. Tell them some of your charming stories about Israel too.
Have you met Bernier? From what I hear he's a very nice principled guy.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Bernier has a lot of sensible ideas and just like the rest of the leaders and their parties, he has some ideas I don't agree with, but the latter are much less than the other parties.

I am realist and so didn't vote PPC, since a vote for them is a vote for Trudeau.

ltr

·
Registered
12,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·

Don't BS! I've been to anti-Islamists rallies and there were a lot of Russian-Israeli PPC members. No any problem for me to attend PPC rallies and tell charming stories about Israel .
But I'd have a big problem with rallies organized in my city by two top Liberals , both pro-HAMAS and anti-semitic, Iqra Khalid and Omar Alghabra.
Good article
It shows very well that Liberal and NDP are cleary anti-Israel parties.
Trudeau visited in Winnipeg Palestinian own store whose owners organized pro-HAMAS, anti-Israeli violent rally.
“I don’t know why he chose to go to FoodFare or where else he went. Do you know if he visited any Jewish or pro-Israel establishments?” asked Yolanda Papini-Pollock, President of Winnipeg Friends of Israel. “I can only say that when I saw it online I remembered who owns Food Fare and who organized the antisemitic car rally in Winnipeg during the war in Gaza.”

The Israeli Canadian Council had arranged with Winnipeg police to occupy a specific corner for a pro-Israel rally the same day and when they were spotted, the pro-Palestinian group de-boarded their vehicles and lobbed rocks, water bottles and threats of rape and assault towards the small contingent of Zionists. Two ICC flags were stolen and burnt right on the street in front of police. To this date, no charges, of hate crimes, assault or anything else, have been laid.

in June the Liberals welcomed former Green MP and faux-repentant Israel-hater Jenica Atwin warmly into their party. -
sure why not LOL

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
You are right.

That's because they are comfortable with the dicatorship style of the Conservatives.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
That's because they are comfortable with the dicatorship style of the Conservatives.
That's blasphemy. Countries behind iron curtain precisely lived through the government overreach.
It is like saying to holocaust survivor that he is comfortable with nazism.

You are a disgrace for humankind. Ignorant fool

161 - 180 of 282 Posts