• Others

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Not going to vote

Votes: 6 9.1%
121 - 140 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
We haven't had anyone at the door, and not a bit of mail in the box.

I think the only leader who was here is Trudeau and he didn't stay long.

They have one poll worker.

I am beginning to think they don't love us anymore.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
We have polling stations........we use the same as always in our private community centre.

The problem is that inside there is only one person sitting at a desk to sign up and check verification and check off the list, and only one box to vote in.

So only 1 person at a time can vote and we have a lot of elderly people in this area who are slow at everything.

People were taking 10 minutes or more each. When the woman told us it would be 20 minutes just to get inside, after already waiting 15 minutes, I looked inside and they had 6 people sitting in chairs already waiting to vote.

That would mean another hour or more of waiting.........with most of it inside sitting on a chair with 5 other people.

The local paper is blaming Election Canada, not the volunteers.
L:ike I said, here in London there was only a few minutes wait.

What many don't understand is why they have so many poll workers just standing around and only one working.
Well of the 5 workers
1 - Contact tracing
2 - helping people register
1 - issuing and collecting ballots.

2 other people were doing something else, not sure what I didn't interact with them.

This (except for contact tracing) is normal for advance polling here.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
The Bernier Bunch showed up at my door last night.

I said you guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

"You are just a bunch of anti-vaxxers stirring up the loonies."

They were the ones throwing stuff at Trudeau here in London.
And that person was turfed, just like when the Liberals or CPC get accusations of inappropropriate behaviour.
Well except Trudeau, then he fires the accusers.

One guy has been charged for that.
Good

But she said "We aren't anti-vaxxers we are pro choice".
Some people actually don't think the government should be regulating what we do with our own bodies.
If you can literally kill someone in the name of "bodily autonomy", you should be able to refuse a medical procedure, and there shouldn't be coersion in either case.

Mrs. Zipper had to pull me back inside.
Why?

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
L:ike I said, here in London there was only a few minutes wait.

Well of the 5 workers
1 - Contact tracing
2 - helping people register
1 - issuing and collecting ballots.

2 other people were doing something else, not sure what I didn't interact with them.

This (except for contact tracing) is normal for advance polling here.
Everything but processing ballots.........great planning.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
Everything but processing ballots.........great planning.
Uh yeah.
Because this is normally just fine for advance polling, honestly I was surprised to see that there was a steady stream, normally advance polling is really quiet.

They added someone for COVID19, and otherwise kept their normal setup.

I think people are choosing some really weird things to complain about.

·
Registered
788 Posts

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
LOL.........she says a lot of dumb things.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
I wanted to use a mail in ballot but apparently they have not yet arrived. Its pretty cool that Elections Canada will allow me to vote for my riding in Medicine Hat by special ballot in Sidney by Sept 14th.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I wanted to use a mail in ballot but apparently they have not yet arrived. Its pretty cool that Elections Canada will allow me to vote for my riding in Medicine Hat by special ballot in Sidney by Sept 14th.
If you worried about covid, I voted today and there was no one except the personal seating probably ten meter from each other, they asked me to sanitize hands, masks were provided but optional (I was not wearing one).
One other voter arrived when I was leaving.

·
Registered
12,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
If you worried about covid, I voted today and there was no one except the personal seating probably ten meter from each other, they asked me to sanitize hands, masks were provided but optional (I was not wearing one).
One other voter arrived when I was leaving.
When I voted they also asked me to sanitize my hands ... I refused telling that my hands are clean 😁

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
I am going out on a limb with a crazy prediction.

I predict the election results won't be anywhere close to the poll results on this thread.

Reactions: spiritwalker2222

·
Registered
788 Posts
What a rebel - risk everyone's life to be cool.

ltr
I don’t wear it if I don’t have to, the province has abolished the mask mandate but some places, like U of S still require it, but most don’t. I am tired of those masks and I am grateful to our prime minister for not enforcing it now when vaccines are widely available.
plus at the voting station there were literally four people all spaced, behind the plexiglass and spaced, not much risk. When go to Costco I also don’t requested to wear a mask (and I don’t), I surrounded by people much closer proximity, and 80% are not wearing masks.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
I am going out on a limb with a crazy prediction.

I predict the election results won't be anywhere close to the poll results on this thread.
That's not much of a limb, There is no way 80% of the country is concerned about finance and quality of life.

121 - 140 of 282 Posts