• Others

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Not going to vote

Votes: 6 9.1%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,319 Posts
In West Van, we swept the Liberals into power. Now we will sweep them back out.

Maybe Freeland will take over?

·
Registered
7,319 Posts
I don't think the parties are the same at all. I think people should be concerned that the Liberals have exhibited some hard Left tendencies that can be quite dangerous. They attempted and were almost successful in regulating freedom of speech online and they increased their control over the media and free press by offering nearly $600 million in subsidies for select media outlets that obtain the federal government’s approval from a handpicked panel stacked with Liberal allies.

The first situations that a dictator must ensure before taking over of a country is to control the free press and eliminate free speech. Sound familiar? Trudeau has expressing admiration for China's "basic dictatorship" in the past. The Liberals under Trudeau have moved way to the Left - an entirely different situation from the past, so if you think the parties are the same, I'd look again.

ltr
I agree that Trudeau represents the most fundamental shift in Canadian poltics in recent memory. A stupid idealist narcisissist. Keep him short of a majority for the sake of Canada. I had hopes his obvious shortcomings would cause him to surround himself with good people. Not the case at all! We had to get rid of Harper but jumped from the frying pan into the fire.

·
Registered
7,319 Posts
Bernier has a lot of sensible ideas and just like the rest of the leaders and their parties, he has some ideas I don't agree with, but the latter are much less than the other parties.

I am realist and so didn't vote PPC, since a vote for them is a vote for Trudeau.

ltr
I voted for Trudeau because I thought he would recognize his shortcomings and surround himself with competent people to listen to.

Now that he has proven to be an unprincipled narcissist with dictatorial ambitions, I voted for our former PC rep. Hopefully my whole riding will do the same. We all did the last time.

My only slim hope is that all similar ridings do the same thing. Right now Trudeau has a 20 seat lead. Still 24 seats short.

Maybe the Libs will seek a new leader. One can only hope.

·
Registered
7,319 Posts
You can count deaths quite easily actually.
There is less per capita than in Quebec
There is less per capita than in Ontario
Wonder why Trudeau doesn't come out and criticize those provinces?
Same with cutting healthcare funding to Saskatchewan and turning blind eye to Quebec using more private healthcare than Sask does. But sure, let's play politics with healthcare funds during pandemic
JT is relying on the ignorance of the average Liberal voter when he takes such logically inconsistent positions.

Quebec can do no wrong for JT and many Ontario voters are not smart enough to hold him to account for it.

·
Registered
7,319 Posts
Previous years it had a pretty ridiculous Liberal bias built in, though it seems to be a bit better.
At least now if you click "don't know" on everything it doesn't offer a recommendation to vote Red.
Yes if you go through their weighting criteria, you really see what is behind the questions and cannot represent what you think. They are like the proverbial question: "Have you stopped beating your wife?" Yes/No

·
Registered
7,319 Posts
Social supports, like what child care? I can tell you center based care doesn't work for poor people.
My DIL ran a child care center and it focused on teaching the kids, not babysitting. She eventually closed it after her own kids were beyond the ages of childcare. My other son shared a nanny with their neighbour, both with 2 kids each.

They were against the $10 programs because it would encourage large babysitting operations like Quebec.

·
Registered
7,319 Posts
I suppose our hope is that the province will take the $10 and implement something good for extra cost?

·
Registered
7,319 Posts
DIL used to offer an ancilliary service where she would take the kids at 7am and get them the school by 9am and same at the other end, pick them up at 330pm and hold them till the parents arrived at 7pm. These were kids that had been in her all day day care until school age.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts