Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Not going to vote

Votes: 6 9.1%
1 - 20 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
12,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
11 for Cons, 0 for others?! CMF was alway pro Liberal forum, especially after James got the badge 🤔
sags is also voting Conservative?!
P.S. we have a good chance to defeat Trudeau dictatorship!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
P.S. we have a good chance to defeat Trudeau dictatorship!
No, this forum is biased by the fact that people on this forum share a common interest (about money and wealth).

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I don't know if things will change, but I live in one of the 3 biggest cities in Canada and we all vote for the same parties. Either Liberal or NDP. But since I'm in Quebec, there's also the Bloc québécois. I'm 33, I vote since I'm 18, I've voted for 4 different parties throughout my life and the Conservatives have never been one of them.

Even the word "conservative" is a word I can't stand in every context: politics, personality, behavior, ideology, philosophy, etc.

I live in Montreal, see how it went over the past 20 years.

·
Registered
12,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know if things will change, but I live in one of the 3 biggest cities in Canada and we all vote for the same parties. Either Liberal or NPD. But since I'm in Quebec, there's also the Bloc québécois. I'm 33, I vote since I'm 18, the Conservatives have never been part of my choices.

I live in Montreal, see how it went over the past 20 years.

I don't get your point.... so for last 15 years you vote Liberals/NDP , we came to Canada in 1999 and we always vote Conservatives. But some people (on this forum) are voting for different parties on different elections..

·
Registered
12,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting that my MIL in Canada for 5 years, almost 2 years ago she applied for citizenship and ... still nothing! Curious if those Syrian pseudo-refugees who arrived same time got citizenship in "bulk"...
Liberals are aware that no Israeli would vote for them, but all pseudo-refugees are "Liberal" :)

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I don't get your point.... so for last 15 years you vote Liberals/NDP , we came to Canada in 1999 and we always vote Conservatives. But some people (on this forum) are voting for different parties on different elections..
Prior to living in Montreal, I wasn't living in a big city and people outside big cities tend vote differently. My perception changed once I started living in a big city.

If I recall correctly, I've voted Bloc québécois once, then moved to Montreal, then voted either Liberal or NDP, and if I recall correctly I've even voted Green Party once when I wasn't happy with Liberal and NDP while Bloc québécois was almost dead. But from now on I'm pretty sure I'll vote either Liberal or NDP.

And our district currently has a very good MP which has easily won his district since 2011. He even survived the last election, being the only NDP in a see of Liberal & Bloc québécois.

Map World Line Electric blue Font

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
Interesting that my MIL in Canada for 5 years, almost 2 years ago she applied for citizenship and ... still nothing! Curious if those Syrian pseudo-refugees who arrived same time got citizenship in "bulk"...
Liberals are aware that no Israeli would vote for them, but all pseudo-refugees are "Liberal" :)
Does your MIL have income ?

A family we know just had their mother denied after a similar long wait for approval.

Immigration said she didn't have sufficient income to remain in Canada, so they gave her a date to leave.

She owned her home outright but had no income and the she didn't qualify for OAS or CPP............so back she goes to the UK.

She is 90 years old, so her whole family is moving back as well......and skipping out on $400,000 in student and credit card debt.

They are all going to live in Spain where the debt collectors can't get to them. I read that it happens a lot with student debt by foreigners.

·
Registered
12,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does your MIL have income ?

A family we know just had their mother denied after a similar long wait for approval.

Immigration said she didn't have sufficient income to remain in Canada, so they gave her a date to leave.

She owned her home outright but had no income and the government didn't qualify for OAS or CPP............so back she goes to the UK.

She is 90 years old, so her whole family is moving back as well......and skipping out on $400,000 in student and credit card debt.

They are all going to live in Spain where the debt collectors can't get to them.
I don’t know what you are talking about! My MIL is permanent resident and after 3 years she is eligible to apply and get citizenship. Income doesn’t matter at all!
and yes , she is getting OAS from Israel that is bigger than my combined Canadian OAS and CPP all together

·
Registered
661 Posts
I don’t know what you are talking about! My MIL is permanent resident and after 3 years she is eligible to apply and get citizenship. Income doesn’t matter at all!
and yes , she is getting OAS from Israel that is bigger than my combined Canadian OAS and CPP all together
I thought in another thread you said you were 55. If true, you're not eligible to collect any OAS/CPP.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
There has been a pandemic for most of the last two years, that might be what's slowing it down.

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
An older person coming to Canada with no job prospects is going to have to prove sufficient income or job opportunities to support themselves.

Otherwise Canadians would be paying all their social welfare and medical costs.

Family members can certainly sponsor an immigrant.

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
Actually Gibor.........you might be right and the family may not be telling the whole story.

They might just be planning on skipping on all that debt.

·
Registered
12,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I thought in another thread you said you were 55. If true, you're not eligible to collect any OAS/CPP.
Yes, I’m ... i calculated my future OAS + CPP.
We are only counting on our 2M+ registered and non-reg accounts and my spouse DB pension

·
Registered
12,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mm
Actually Gibor.........you might be right and the family may not be telling the whole story.

They might just be planning on skipping on all that debt.
If person gets Visa as independent immigrant or sponsored by family, this person gets PR and nobody cares about their income. And as per law , after 3 years this person is eligible to get Canadian citizenship.
There are some instances when sponsored immigrants are trying to get money from governemnt , but it doesn;t affect their eligibility for citizenship

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
There has been a pandemic for most of the last two years, that might be what's slowing it down.
No, the immigration system is massively overloaded. Then Trudeau brought over even more refugees, which take more resources than other immigrants and overloaded it more.

Remember that the CPC cleared out the backlog and made good relations with immigrants by trying to fix up the system. Liberals don't care if it works, they just care if they can get their headline grabbing numbers.

·
Registered
116 Posts
11 for Cons, 0 for others?! CMF was alway pro Liberal forum, especially after James got the badge 🤔
sags is also voting Conservative?!
You expect that an hour's worth of responses will be how it stays?
Interesting but likely dubious thinking. :)

Also interesting that "not going to vote" makes the list but "undecided" was left off.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 282 Posts