Canadian Money Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
An update of our communal growth stock portfolio. If you are logged in and click on the pic, you should get a larger readable version.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
^So far, our heads are above water and most are showing some green.

If this portfolio were to be activly managed by CMF, what changes, if any could be made to enhance its performance?

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
To define the question further, I'm not talking about the latest "hot" small cap that may be flash in the pan. Rather, ones that have been around for a long time, and for you, kept on giving, and giving in terms of capital growth, and which may or may not pay a dividend.
One that I own, a mid cap, that I don't see mentioned too often is TFI International (TFII.TO). A trucking company located in Montreal.

It pays a low dividend of about 2.4%.

It's been chugging along (with volatility) for a long time. It use to be TransForce before they changed the name in 2016 to reflect their international flavour they had taken on over time in USA and Mexico.

Does anyone else own this?

I would say its done a good job against the TSX 60 index as shown in the 10 year graph below.

TFII.png

ltr

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
One that I own, a mid cap, that I don't see mentioned too often is TFI International (TFII.TO). A trucking company located in Montreal.

It pays a low dividend of about 2.4%.

It's been chugging along (with volatility) for a long time. It use to be TransForce before they changed the name in 2016 to reflect their international flavour they had taken on over time in USA and Mexico.

Does anyone else own this?

I would say its done a good job against the TSX 60 index as shown in the 10 year graph below.

View attachment 19636

ltr
I'll add it. thanks. We need to keep adding what has been missed.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
here is an update on the favourite CDN growth stocks portfolio.
July2020holdings.PNG
July2020perf.PNG

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
for comparison purposes here is xiu performance:
xiu.PNG

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
A new addition was TFI recommended by LTR.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
The index - XIU - is only lagging by a small margin, so very competitive so far.
Among the losers signified by the red there could be some bargain growth stocks.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Anyone started a discussion about USD growth stocks? I started screening USD stocks and there's a huge selection of awesome stocks. Just to name one, look at ROST, which is easily competing the famous AAPL tech stock.

I think I'll convert more money to USD and buy many of them currently on my watchlist. Hyper-growth stocks with 10+ years of history are limited on CDN, while USD have a great selection of 20+ years hyper-growth stocks.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Yes, a US growth stock thread is a good idea. Now that you have planted the idea in my head I may track some US stocks in a different thread. ...If you start the thread, I'll track and post their performance in the portfolio.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
good one. yes how could we have overlooked lulu?

61 - 76 of 76 Posts