Canadian Money Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
The rate is irrelevant when hospitals get overwhelmed and have to decide who to let die

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
The rate is irrelevant when hospitals get overwhelmed and have to decide who to let die
The rate is very relevant. Saying it's 8% when it's nowhere near is dishonest and fear mongering. If the hospitals get overwhelmed that's an entirely different issue that has nothing to do with dishonest reporting.

·
Registered
12,104 Posts
You are incorrect. AGAIN.

Everyone called it Wuhan flu or the Chinese flu, including CNN and all of the left media. Then China decided to called it racist and the media immediately adopted the communist party line and made a complete about face. Trump is the only one brave enough not to cave into the Chinese propaganda.

To blame Fox is a blatant lie because only China "changed" the name of the flu. You and a few others should stop spreading communist propaganda...it threatens the credibility of this site.
I have never heard anyone refer to it as such outside Trump and FOX. You do not see a single mention in Canada of anyone calling it Wuhan flu. FFS, it isn't even influenza!

·
Registered
12,104 Posts
More people will die from the flu this year then COV19 yet the flu does not shut down the entire glob. What is going on here? Was it a plan to nationalize corporate America so the central banks own everything ? Also eliminate cash so they can control everything. They have lost all credibility when cities start calling state of emergencies for bogus man made global warming. The press is way out of line.
Are you sure? Flu kills perhaps 600k worldwide. I honestly am not sure we won't crest that by end of year with COVID.

·
Registered
12,104 Posts
The rate is very relevant. Saying it's 8% when it's nowhere near is dishonest and fear mongering. If the hospitals get overwhelmed that's an entirely different issue that has nothing to do with dishonest reporting.
What we know is dishonest is the claims that this is no big deal and everyone is over-reacting. It is not normal for hospitals to get overwhelmed. They filled convention centres and sports arenas in Wuhan with those sick from this. You have to be a little thick to believe that we shouldn't be reacting to this.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
What we know is dishonest is the claims that this is no big deal and everyone is over-reacting. It is not normal for hospitals to get overwhelmed. They filled convention centres and sports arenas in Wuhan with those sick from this. You have to be a little thick to believe that we shouldn't be reacting to this.
I didn't say that. I said 8% is nowhere near accurate and is fear mongering. You have to be a little thick to not grasp that.

·
Registered
12,104 Posts
If you think the death rate is <1%, that means you also believe there are millions of cases assuming a good number of those who will die have not yet died. Just math. I haven't been claiming an 8% death rate (mostly just sags freaking out). I fear 1% might be too low if the health care system is overwhelmed. See the military convoy leaving Milan last night hauling out the dead.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
I didn't say that. I said 8% is nowhere near accurate and is fear mongering. You have to be a little thick to not grasp that.
Global death rate is 11%, China and Korea are reporting 4%.
I think the rate is somewhere between 3-8%, based on current medical resources and treatments.

Do you want to tell italy that 8% is fearmongering?

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
There was a poster here that was an MD...he mentioned that the death rate is ~1% to the best of the medical establishments knowledge. Of course he must be wrong & is lying to us right?
Not too hard to think the stats thru...we only have 1 set of completer data...that is the cruise ship...all the rest of data we have is incomplete.
I also am guessing here...but I bet the average age on the cruise ship was higher than the average age in Italy.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
There was a poster here that was an MD...he mentioned that the death rate is ~1% to the best of the medical establishments knowledge. Of course he must be wrong & is lying to us right?
Not too hard to think the stats thru...we only have 1 set of completer data...that is the cruise ship...all the rest of data we have is incomplete.
I also am guessing here...but I bet the average age on the cruise ship was higher than the average age in Italy.
Hopefully they're right.
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/coronavirus-outbreak-diamond-princess-cruise-ship-death-rate

·
Registered
1,182 Posts

·
Registered
3,162 Posts

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
So only 3 million Americans and 300,000 Canadians will die from COVID19 ? Well that is a relief. I feel much better now.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
So only 3 million Americans and 300,000 Canadians will die from COVID19 ? Well that is a relief. I feel much better now.
Please apply some common sense. The cruise ship was an example of a crowded space where no one knew about the virus at first and it was impossible to practice proper distancing. Daily crowds in the ship's restaurants and people in close contact all day long. It's a worst case scenario example.

I real life the numbers will be far less.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts