Canadian Money Forum banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Okay....how that does that go ?

Trump to China......The Chinese virus is all your fault. Oh, and could you sell us all the medicine and equipment we need to fight it ?

China to Trump.....sorry, we are too busy trying to stop the virus you said is our fault.
Where did the virus begin sags?

·
Registered
11,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Many viral outbreaks have started in Europe, the US, Mexico, India, Africa....and we don't call them the American flu, the Mexican flu, the Indian flu.

Trump doesn't use the term to identify the origin of the outbreak. Everybody already knows that. He uses it to try to blame China for his own lack of preparedness.

Did Trump not notice the virus spreading China. Did he not get daily security briefings on the outbreak ? Did he not know it had spread to South Korea and Japan ?

The question is why Trump is only yesterday invoking measures to stock medical equipment and supplies ? People know the reason.

Trump and his pals at Fox News were denying the virus because they feared how it would affect his election chances. It isn't like the best scientists in the world weren't telling him.

It seems that other high level politicians knew what was coming. Members of Committees who got their briefings sold millions of dollars worth of stock before the crash.

And it involved both Republicans and Democrats who had advance knowledge that described the outbreak as bad as the Spanish flu.

They knew. They just didn't tell anyone so they could benefit. One wonders what financial transactions the Trump family was involved in after the initial briefings.

Don't worry.....the story is alive now and the media will dig out the truth.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Many viral outbreaks have started in Europe, the US, Mexico, India, Africa....and we don't call them the American flu, the Mexican flu, the Indian flu.
That's incorrect.

Ebola - named after Ebola river where it started
MERS - Middle East Respiratory Syndrome
West Nile
Guinea Worm
Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever
Lyme Disease - Lyme, Connecticut
Norovirus - Norwalk, Ohia
Japanese Encephalitis
German Measles - named after German doctor
Spanish Flu - first cases reported in Spain

Trump doesn't use the term to identify the origin of the outbreak. Everybody already knows that. He uses it to try to blame China for his own lack of preparedness.
Factually incorrect.

Please stop spreading misinformation. You threaten the credibility of this website with your non-stop conspiracy theories and outright disinformation.

·
Registered
11,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Typhoid, malaria, syphillis. herpes, ringworm, HIV, ......and how about smallpox and thousands of other viruses ?

Smallpox started in Europe (bring out your dead) and was brought to America's western frontier where it killed thousands of settlers and native Americans.

Smallpox shall forever forth be known as the Euro America flu.

The Spanish flu started in Northern China. The Swine flu started in Mexico...the Mexico Flu ? Legionaires started in Philadelphia....the Philadelphia Flu ?

Silly Trump blamed the "northern and southern" borders for the transmission of the COVID virus in today's press conference.

He gave numbers of illegal aliens crossing each border. He is now blaming China, Mexico and Canada for his failure to lead.

Trump the draft dodger, self proclaims himself the "wartime" President who will stand in history among the great wartime leaders......Churchill, Eisenhower, Lincoln.

I think it more likely that Trump will be remembered as the Neville Chamberlain of our time.

·
Registered
11,775 Posts
That's incorrect.

Ebola - named after Ebola river where it started
MERS - Middle East Respiratory Syndrome
West Nile
Guinea Worm
Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever
Lyme Disease - Lyme, Connecticut
Norovirus - Norwalk, Ohia
Japanese Encephalitis
German Measles - named after German doctor
Spanish Flu - first cases reported in Spain

Factually incorrect.

Please stop spreading misinformation. You threaten the credibility of this website with your non-stop conspiracy theories and outright disinformation.
Trump going out of his way to call it the "China virus" when everyone is calling it either COVID-19 or coronavirus is obviously an attempt at branding it. One would imagine at a way of deflecting blame.

The examples you mention, these are the commonly used names for these illnesses. COVID-19 is not commonly known as the China virus or Wuhan virus as FOX has tried to brand it. They are trying to make that a thing, for patently political reasons.

·
Registered
11,775 Posts
Absolutely sickening. Keir Simmons of NBC is now openly spreading Chinese government propaganda:

"China and South Korea may have helped the Western Europe and America by delaying the arrival of the Coronavirus but now they are worrying that they may get re-infected by the Coronavirus by the rest of the world":

https://twitter.com/kjdrennen/status/1240629871585439746
It is true that they may get 'reinfected'.

China could have done more to control the spread in Wuhan, and they could have done more by banning 'wet markets' which are like ticking time bombs (same root causes as SARS). However, once China came around to the seriousness of COVID-19, they took extreme steps to try to contain it. This helped to slow the spread to not only the rest of China but also the rest of the world. I can't say that I'm confident any other country would certainly have done a better job. Witness Italy, even having warning, getting completely flattened by this.

·
Super Moderator
2,788 Posts
It is true that they may get 'reinfected'.

China could have done more to control the spread in Wuhan, and they could have done more by banning 'wet markets' which are like ticking time bombs (same root causes as SARS). However, once China came around to the seriousness of COVID-19, they took extreme steps to try to contain it. This helped to slow the spread to not only the rest of China but also the rest of the world. I can't say that I'm confident any other country would certainly have done a better job. Witness Italy, even having warning, getting completely flattened by this.
The first country is always worse off, it always takes time to identify what's going on. By the time you know what's happening the virus escapes with people that have already left.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Trump going out of his way to call it the "China virus" when everyone is calling it either COVID-19 or coronavirus is obviously an attempt at branding it. One would imagine at a way of deflecting blame.

The examples you mention, these are the commonly used names for these illnesses. COVID-19 is not commonly known as the China virus or Wuhan virus as FOX has tried to brand it. They are trying to make that a thing, for patently political reasons.
You are incorrect. AGAIN.

Everyone called it Wuhan flu or the Chinese flu, including CNN and all of the left media. Then China decided to called it racist and the media immediately adopted the communist party line and made a complete about face. Trump is the only one brave enough not to cave into the Chinese propaganda.

To blame Fox is a blatant lie because only China "changed" the name of the flu. You and a few others should stop spreading communist propaganda...it threatens the credibility of this site.

·
Registered
938 Posts
NBC reporter asked Trump what he wanted to say to Americans who are scared. Instead of reassuring the public that everything is being done as well as possible, he decides to attack the reporter, calling him a terrible reporter asking a nasty question. What an ***!

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/03/20/trump-message-to-americans-coronavirus-presser-vpx.cnn

As for Presidential press conferences of old, I recall that at some point, someone would say "Thank you Mr. President". That was the cue for the president to leave, and the reports stand up and file out. Very civilized; not like today's **** shows.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Some reporters have been lying ever since the election...those ones don't deserve respect. They made the choice to be dishonest and now they're paying the price for their actions. Too bad.

Trump could have just banned him from press conferences like Trudeau does to media that he doesn't like. Some people here don't care that Trudeau bribes some media and completely bans other accredited media, but if Trump dares to just call out a reporter for being dishonest their heads explode.

The double standard is ridiculous.

·
Super Moderator
2,788 Posts
NBC reporter asked Trump what he wanted to say to Americans who are scared. Instead of reassuring the public that everything is being done as well as possible, he decides to attack the reporter, calling him a terrible reporter asking a nasty question. What an ***!

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/03/20/trump-message-to-americans-coronavirus-presser-vpx.cnn

As for Presidential press conferences of old, I recall that at some point, someone would say "Thank you Mr. President". That was the cue for the president to leave, and the reports stand up and file out. Very civilized; not like today's **** shows.
I caught a bit of that this morning and have to laugh for a few reasons

First off I don't know why Trump is doing this Q&A everyday, put out written press release or at least have someone else make a statement and leave.

Secondly, I think he is right about the reporter (it was a stupid question) though he should have just ignored him and moved on. Reminded me of the old movie cliche when the reporter comes up after a bad incident and asks "How do you feel now?". Like everyone doesn't already know they are doing everything they can.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I caught a bit of that this morning and have to laugh for a few reasons

First off I don't know why Trump is doing this Q&A everyday, put out written press release or at least have someone else make a statement and leave.

Secondly, I think he is right about the reporter (it was a stupid question) though he should have just ignored him and moved on. Reminded me of the old movie cliche when the reporter comes up after a bad incident and asks "How do you feel now?". Like everyone doesn't already know they are doing everything they can.
How was it a "stupid question"?
People are concerned, Trudeau and Ford do the "compassionate" thing pretty well, and neither of them is "very very super smart about this kind of stuff"

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
You are incorrect. AGAIN.

Everyone called it Wuhan flu or the Chinese flu, including CNN and all of the left media. Then China decided to called it racist and the media immediately adopted the communist party line and made a complete about face ...
While there are reports that Chinese media started out with Wuhan flu ... in my case, this is the first I've seen of "Wuhan flu" or "Chinese flu".
Lots of "cornavirus" or "novel corona virus" with Wuhan in the next three to six words of the report.

Strange that something everyone was using didn't show up in any of the media reports I've seen in Canada, US local coverage I've seen and US newspapers I have.

... Trump is the only one brave enough not to cave into the Chinese propaganda.

To blame Fox is a blatant lie because only China "changed" the name of the flu. You and a few others should stop spreading communist propaganda...it threatens the credibility of this site.
From my perspective, cornavirus to Wuhan flu is a change .... propaganda or not.

Cheers

·
Registered
61 Posts
Speaking of the press, it is rumored that Rupert Murdoch is under pressure to order his Fox Network to start telling the truth about COV19.

Given all that has happened, it is almost criminally negligent to have Fox anchors calling COV19 a Democratic plot to impeach the President.

Just recently, I watched the Fox News anchors compare the COV19 to the normal flu, and suggest it was nothing for people to worry about.

Fox News has more viewers than any other network. Many who watch it believe everything they are hearing and their audience tends to be older high risk people.

Lives could very well be at stake when supplied with false information.
More people will die from the flu this year then COV19 yet the flu does not shut down the entire glob. What is going on here? Was it a plan to nationalize corporate America so the central banks own everything ? Also eliminate cash so they can control everything. They have lost all credibility when cities start calling state of emergencies for bogus man made global warming. The press is way out of line.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
More people will die from the flu this year then COV19 yet the flu does not shut down the entire glob. What is going on here? Was it a plan to nationalize corporate America so the central banks own everything ? Also eliminate cash so they can control everything. They have lost all credibility when cities start calling state of emergencies for bogus man made global warming. The press is way out of line.
It's the 3-8% death rate.

·
Registered
11,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Seriously........the normal flu has a fatality rate of 0.1%.

COVID has a fatality rate from near 0% for kids, to 3% for middle age, to 14% for people over 80 years of age.

The normal flu kills tens of thousands. This flu could kill tens of millions.

It is also highly contagious and remains active on hard surfaces for days or weeks.

If that isn't enough, some scientists say the virus may be mutating as it moves person to person, so every country will have different statistics.

That means if they develop a vaccine or treatment, it may not work if the virus has mutated.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Seriously........the normal flu has a fatality rate of 0.1%.

COVID has a fatality rate from near 0% for kids, to 3% for middle age, to 14% for people over 80 years of age.

The normal flu kills tens of thousands. This flu could kill tens of millions.
Yearly the flu kills tens of thousands in the US, The flu kills 100s of thousands world wide, In a bad year the flu kills a few million. The cruise ships people were exposed to the virus for days yet what was the percentage of the people that died ? The government & the press can not be trusted. Maybe this Covid is as bad as they say it is or is it being used to create panic to gain control ?

·
Registered
61 Posts
In France journalists must now get permission from the government to cover a story source Martin Armstrong March 19 2020 blog

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
It's the 3-8% death rate.
That's only the confirmed cases. 80%+ of people with the virus are showing little or no symptoms and the majority of them haven't been tested.

Without full testing of those with no symptoms or minor symptoms the death rate isn't known but can be estimated at less than 1%...just like how they guess the flu death rate based on a few tests.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts