Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
11,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When PM Trudeau gives a press conference, the reporters politely ask questions and when he is finished he smiles and says thank you and starts to walk away, the room is quiet and the reporters begin filing out. Nobody is yelling and screaming to get out.

When President Trump gives a press conference, the reporters shout out questions and when he is finished, a couple of very vocal female assistants start screaming "get out, everybody out, get out now ." They repeat if over and over and over.

The US press conferences sound like they are dispersing a mob compared to Canadian press conferences.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
^ Canadians = complacent ...
Americans = melo-dramatic ...

... of which follows the type & style of leadership in both countries.

·
Registered
11,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Speaking of the press, it is rumored that Rupert Murdoch is under pressure to order his Fox Network to start telling the truth about COV19.

Given all that has happened, it is almost criminally negligent to have Fox anchors calling COV19 a Democratic plot to impeach the President.

Just recently, I watched the Fox News anchors compare the COV19 to the normal flu, and suggest it was nothing for people to worry about.

Fox News has more viewers than any other network. Many who watch it believe everything they are hearing and their audience tends to be older high risk people.

Lives could very well be at stake when supplied with false information.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I watched CNN anchors call Trump a Russian spy and am currrently watching liberal media hiding Biden's plainly obvious Alzheimer's. On the other hand, several doctors have said that the fear mongering about Coronavirus is way overblown.

This topic is just another sags "I hate Trump" rant.

·
Registered
11,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Come on PG.........the Trumpster was huffing and puffing like the big bad wolf.

Even on Fox News they are saying it was a terrible press conference.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The problem is that a lot of reporters in the US think that they're the story. Rather than ask a question they grandstand and attack. If Trudeau was faced with the same attacks from the media that Trump faces he couldn't handle it.

But the media in Canada and the US are mostly leftist so they take it easy on liberals. Trudeau has never faced a tough question in his life from the media, and neither did Obama.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
There is the issue that Americans are more partisan, but Canada is catching up fast.

Canadians are losing faith in the democratic institutions under Trudeau, which will push us into the same tribalism that the US has now.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Have you guys noticed that YOU are the same posters who always post these 'right vs. left' type of comments whenever the slightest opportunity to do so presents itself. I think you need to consider that.

Canada is not the USA and Canadians are not Americans. Our country is not perfect, nor are our politicians but thank goodness we are a far more civilized culture than exists in the USA. We have a small percentage of extremists of which YOU guys are examples but we have far fewer than the USA and again thank goodness.

Maybe YOU guys need to start your own forum where you can happily spout extremist nonsense to each other and happily keep trying to beat each other over the head with your 'leftist' or 'rightist' viewpoint.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The media is far too biased so it's impossible to avoid left or right comments when discussing them.

Or, you can put your head in the sand and pretend that they report fairly.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
The media is far too biased so it's impossible to avoid left or right comments when discussing them.

Or, you can put your head in the sand and pretend that they report fairly.
I have little time for the media or how they 'report' anything Prairie Guy. I recognize bias and ignore it, just as I ignore any bias in anything the politicians of ANY party have to say. I pick out the actual facts and I discuss the FACTS.

You guys by contrast, want to spend much more time 'discussing' (that's a joke) your opinions.

·
Super Moderator
2,788 Posts
"China and South Korea may have helped the Western Europe and America by delaying the arrival of the Coronavirus but now they are worrying that they may get re-infected by the Coronavirus by the rest of the world"
Is this not a possibility for them?

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
They delayed the spread and they can get re-infected. It's a true statement. We are all infected with a center of the world bias.

·
Registered
11,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just a thought......but maybe the US should hold back any criticism of China until after they get back all the manufacturing of medication, face masks, ventilators and pretty much everything else they need.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
They delayed the spread and they can get re-infected. It's a true statement. We are all infected with a center of the world bias.
No sags. They CAUSED the spread instead of taking steps early to contain it. Stop repeating communist propaganda.

·
Registered
11,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay....how that does that go ?

Trump to China......The Chinese virus is all your fault. Oh, and could you sell us all the medicine and equipment we need to fight it ?

China to Trump.....sorry, we are too busy trying to stop the virus you said is our fault.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts