·
Registered
262 Posts
Or not!

and

·
Registered
536 Posts
Plant Based diet showed 73% percent less likely to get moderate to severe covid-19. Keto diet showed 48% more likely to get moderate to severe covid-19. I guess those claiming to be superior to those now labelled "anti-vaxxers" better get on a plant based diet, or step off their high horse.

Our chosen diets are likely going to have greater effect than vaccines vs delta variant.

Now to be fair, this wasn't a perfect study, but many studies throughout the years show similar effects of plant based diets providing good immunity.
Smoking also significantly decreased severity of COVID infection :)

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
I doubt the diet has anything to do with it...the fearful lifestyle has everything to do with avoiding Covid...a likely correlation.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
While I have nothing against plant food. They are not 100% essential for long-term health.
Umm- ever heard of scurvy? Vitamin C is only from plants.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Well other than stuff like liver n onions, kidney pie,caviar, scrambled eggs or a nice cup of milk...(real milk) but I get lots from drinking the odd Screwdriver.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Umm- ever heard of scurvy? Vitamin C is only from plants.

Incorrect. Eat liver.....btw, the less glucose one consumes, the less vitamin C one needs. And it’s not just vitamin C. Glucose lowers plasma potassium levels and less glucose leads to better magnesium levels....

APPLE (100 g)CARROTS (100 g)RED MEAT (100 g)BEEF LIVER (100 g)
Calcium3.0 mg3.3 mg11.0 mg11.0 mg
Phosphorus6.0 mg31.0 mg140.0 mg476.0 mg
Magnesium4.8 mg6.2 mg15.0 mg18.0 mg
Potassium139.0 mg222.0 mg370.0 mg380.0 mg
Iron.1 mg.6 mg3.3 mg8.8 mg
Zinc.05 mg.3 mg4.4 mg4.0 mg
Copper.04 mg.08 mg.18 mg12.0 mg
Vitamin ANoneNone40 IU53,400 IU
Vitamin DNoneNoneTrace19 IU
Vitamin E.37 mg.11 mg1.7 mg.63 mg
Vitamin C7.0 mg6.0 mgNone27.0 mg
Thiamin.03 mg.05 mg.05 mg.26 mg
Riboflavin.02 mg.05 mg.20 mg4.19 mg
Niacin.10 mg.60 mg4.0 mg16.5 mg
Pantothenic Acid.11 mg.19 mg.42 mg8.8 mg
Vitamin B6.03 mg.10 mg.07 mg.73 mg
Folate8.0 mcg24.0 mcg4.0 mcg145.0 mcg
BiotinNone.42 mcg2.08 mcg96.0 mcg
Vitamin B12NoneNone1.84 mcg111.3 mcg

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
While I have nothing against plant food. They are not 100% essential for long-term health.
Healthy eating is achieved by eating the rainbow. I'm not sure how you can do that without fruits and vegetables.

Reactions: indexxx

·
Registered
405 Posts
This thread is a great example of how marketing has set out to intentionally confuse and corrupt the field of science. Industry funded studies are the norm now, the scientists know if they don't put out studies showing benefit to those paying for the study, they will be out of work. The vast majority of good science, without conflicts of interest points to a plant predominant diet showing the best long term health outcomes. Dr. John Mc Dougall warned about this corruption of science over 20 years ago, and the corruption has only gotten much more elaborate.

As bad as this is, its a drop in the bucket to the evil that WHO, CDC, FDA pharma and their collaborators big tech and MSM are doing with the global vax campaign.

Debating nutrition will be irrelevant if we let this fascist collaboration take control.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Colon cancer rates are extremely correlated to amount of fibre being eaten. I would encourage everyone to eat plants, 100%. It is well known that eating fruits and vegetables is a major contributor to overall health. I don't think you need to go vegan to be healthy, but I do doubt you can be healthy if you just eat meat/dairy/eggs and no plants at all.

·
Registered
11,560 Posts
Healthy eating is achieved by eating the rainbow. I'm not sure how you can do that without fruits and vegetables.

I’ve never said that we don’t have to eat plants! We need to have balance food, meat, fish, seafood, dairy, eggs and also vegetables and herbs. For example B12 is only in meat and fish.
However, vegans discard everything except plants, this is dangerous extreme fanatism

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
I’ve never said that we don’t have to eat plants! We need to have balance food, meat, fish, seafood, dairy, eggs and also vegetables and herbs. For example B12 is only in meat and fish.
However, vegans discard everything except plants, this is dangerous extreme fanatism
No, but someone else in the thread did.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
For example B12 is only in meat and fish.
B12 is produced by bacteria from soil and water, but now that water is treated, we don't get it from water. You get B12 from meat because animals are supplemented in B12. Better supplement yourself directly in B12 instead of getting it indirectly from animal's supplementation. B12 is not a vegan issue.

Reactions: indexxx

·
Registered
11,560 Posts
No, but someone else in the thread did.
I like balanced dishes, so one of my favorite cuisines is Georgian. I frequently make Adzhapsandal, Chakapuli, Chanahi etc... A lot of meat with a lot of veggies and herbs (the problem that some of needed herbs is very difficult to find in Canada). This week I'm making Chakapuli (as I finally found needed cherry plums in Yummy Market)

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
B12 is produced by bacteria from soil and water, but now that water is treated, we don't get it from water. You get B12 from meat because animals are supplemented in B12. Better supplement yourself directly in B12 instead of getting it indirectly from animal's supplementation. B12 is not a vegan issue.
Yes- we used to get it from "wild" water- streams, lakes, etc. B12 is also found in some algae, in Nori (the pressed seaweed sheets used in Japanese cuisine and sold as seaweed snacks, also a good source of iodine and iron), in certain mushrooms and teas, some fermented foods (because the active bacteria produces it), and in organic produce fertilized with manure (from the bacteria in the microbiome of the animal's intestines). Nutritional yeast is also extremely high in B12 as well as other vitamins.

141 - 160 of 163 Posts