Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Banned
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the agendas of the world economic forum is to stop the unwashed who are not able to think for themselves is to prevent us from eating meat. What is their real agenda ? Is it to increase our carb intake to make us fat to reduce the population ?

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
I don't know but everyone would be healthier if they ate less meat. This was proven 100 years ago. In Denmark during WW1 food rationing included NO meat. The death rate fell to the lowest ever recorded in a European country. This experiment covered 8 million people for 18 months. Statisticians calculated that 6000 lives were saved. Heart disease, diabetes, hardening of the arteries and other lifesyle diseases fell by 30% to 40% and were still falling when the experiment ended. England's experience in WW1 and 2 were similar. Look up the work of Dr Hindhede for more details.

In the US the healthiest, longest living set of people are Seventh Day Adventists who have very strict dietary laws, and live from 4 to 9 years longer than other people. According to official census figures.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I don't know but everyone would be healthier if they ate less meat. This was proven 100 years ago. In Denmark during WW1 food rationing included NO meat. The death rate fell to the lowest ever recorded in a European country. This experiment covered 8 million people for 18 months. Statisticians calculated that 6000 lives were saved. Heart disease, diabetes, hardening of the arteries and other lifesyle diseases fell by 30% to 40% and were still falling when the experiment ended. England's experience in WW1 and 2 were similar. Look up the work of Dr Hindhede for more details.

In the US the healthiest, longest living set of people are Seventh Day Adventists who have very strict dietary laws, and live from 4 to 9 years longer than other people. According to official census figures.
To be honest, if I had to live miserable life of dieting, I would rather die faster than have it extend my life.
Food is one of the few, if not only, daily, reliable pleasures in life!

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
To be honest, if I had to live miserable life of dieting, I would rather die faster than have it extend my life.
Who doesn't like sweet juicy peaches, tangy strawberries, cool refreshing watermelon, and all the other fresh fruits that delight our summers? What about a salad for lunch on a hot day? Eating less meat does not mean starvation or deprivation, it means enjoying fresh fruit and vegetable foods that are often neglected.

·
Registered
480 Posts
There has to be a moderation in everything. But salad for lunch? - you are welcome to enjoy it but big no for me! Unless it involved chicken or salmon. Everyone has their preferences. Everyone has their free will and free choice.

Don't want politicians micromanaging our lives.

·
Registered
11,558 Posts
Nah, they want to make everyone diabetic...
Meat and fish have zero GI Index , bread, pasta, rice, watermelons, bananas have the biggest GI Index and not recommended for pre-diabetics or diabetics.
If I don’t eat meat, fish, seafood everyday, I will be hungry 😋
The country that almost not consumes meat, India, has very low life expectancy, 117 place in the World.

·
Registered
11,558 Posts
Very true!
What about a salad for lunch on a hot day?
I like salads, especially when I'm making them from vegetables and herbs I grow on our backyard.... Salads go excellent with juicy steak, kebab, fresh caught fish, roasted lamb or duck legs etc

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
It's a myth to think that eating no meat means eating salads only. Also, it's a myth to think that eating no meat means you'll be hungry. I can totally hit the gym to build muscle while on a vegan diet.

Reducing the consumption of processed food, red meat, processed meat while eating healthy will decrease your risk of heart disease, obesity, diabetes and some cancers.

Healthy vegans tend to eat more fibre and more antioxidants. Healthy vegans tend to eat more diversified, which means more fruits, more vegetables, more seeds and nuts, more cereals, more greens, more legumes, more healthy oils, more herbs and spices, etc.

The lifestyle of healthy vegans increase their life expectancy.

Eating less meat means we don't need to harvest fields in order to feed animal with plants... in order to feed us with their meat. It would make much more sense for those fields to be used to feed us directly.

Carnivores and omnivores make sense in the nature because the populations ends up being balanced by nature. But with humans being at the top of the chain and coming with all that non-natural industrialisation, feeding animals with plants so that those animals feed us with their meat is a supply chain that will collapse at some point as our population continues to increase. It is not sustainable.

That being said, you don't have to be vegan or vegetarian. You mainly have to decrease meat consumption, processed food, while increasing a healthy diversification of aliments.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
And to anyone saying that "his condition" doesn't allow him to reduce his consumption of meat and processed food...

While my dietician spouse was pregnant, she had a diabetic pregnancy and she didn't want to eat the 10 most common allergens (eggs, milk, mustard, peanuts, crustaceans & molluscs, fish, sesame seeds, soy, sulfites, tree nuts [almonds, cashews, etc], wheat & triticale [gluten]).

So we ate none of those 10 allergens, while eating low carbs (highly controlled intake), while eating vegan and no processed food. And healthy. And nourishing.

Reactions: Spudd

·
Registered
220 Posts
I don't know but everyone would be healthier if they ate less meat. This was proven 100 years ago. In Denmark during WW1 food rationing included NO meat. The death rate fell to the lowest ever recorded in a European country. This experiment covered 8 million people for 18 months. Statisticians calculated that 6000 lives were saved. Heart disease, diabetes, hardening of the arteries and other lifesyle diseases fell by 30% to 40% and were still falling when the experiment ended.
I'm sure this was not related to the fact that fridges in homes were not a thing yet, and meats were cured in salt for storage (among other methods like smoking)... That's a lot of salt.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
One of the agendas of the world economic forum is to stop the unwashed who are not able to think for themselves is to prevent us from eating meat. What is their real agenda ? Is it to increase our carb intake to make us fat to reduce the population ?
... no one is preventing the "washed" ones with hidden internal dirt to continue eating meat or whatever crxps that they fancy. And as if they're going to "abide" by the world economic's forum 'agenda', LMFAO. Troll 'r Us.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't understand it either, since people pay a lot for meat which means more tax money for the government. But veganism isn't bad either, so I don't think it's a hidden agenda. Maybe meat is just harder to clean and process? Besides, today's meat is from cows raised in factories and fed antibiotics. Meat was healthier back in the day.

I disagree with the "everybody would be healthier if no one ate meat" argument since meat is needed to have a balanced diet.

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
I grew up around Seventh Day Adventists and found that while they do eat vegan diets and live longer on balance, they don't necessarily live healthier lives.

From my observation they replace meat with a desire for sweets and baked goods. They also eat a lot of prepared vegan food from companies like Loma Linda or Worthingtons. Those companies are owned by their church.

I think their extended longevity is more to do with they don't drink alcohol, smoke, party late into the night, or have as much stress, because they believe they know how the world ends, so everything else is just noise.

Drinking, smoking, and stress probably kill more people than eating meat.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Eating less meat is better for the environment, mainly because forests are cut down to make cropland to feed animals. If we eat the food directly instead of feeding it to an animal and then eating the animal, it's way more efficient and you need far less cropland. Bonus is that it's also healthier, which will cut down on health care costs for governments.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts

The association of increases in red meat consumption with increased relative risk of premature mortality was consistent across participants irrespective of age, physical activity level, dietary quality, smoking status, or alcohol consumption, according to the researchers.

Livestock is the world’s largest user of land resources, with pasture and arable land dedicated to the production of feed representing almost 80% of the total agricultural land. One-third of global arable land is used to grow feed, while 26% of the Earth’s ice-free terrestrial surface is used for grazing.
And I was raised on a farm where we fed our cows and pigs to produce milk and meat. And now I don't drink milk nor eat meat.

Also, me and my spouse are reducing waste. We have a 5 gallon trash in the kitchen and it's the only trash that we have. I get the trash out once every month. And we are trying to reduce it even more.

Reactions: indexxx

·
Registered
405 Posts
Lonewolf, I think there could be deceptive motives for discouraging meat/ animal products, most of my research into this field actually shows that almost all studies funded by private interests (dairy associations, egg boards, cattleman association etc etc) are generally the only studies the show benefits to eating those foods. They also are the studies that get all the publicity and touted in the mainstream media, all the while not disclosing the conflicts of interest or the questionable methods behind the studies.

I understand that there is good reason to question the motives here, but most of my findings show that the funding of these studies is actually trying to encourage consumption of these animal products and confuse the science around them.

They are basically doing to nutrition what big pharma is doing to drugs/ vaccines and med school education/ corruption of science, but with 1/1000th the budget, and 1/1000th the level of malice/ evil intent.

Carbs are not bad, processed carbs and foods are.

There is no shortage of people out there sent home by doctors who tell them they are on the verge of a heart attack/ stroke and theres nothing the medical field can do for them. If they are lucky/ well researched enough to go out on their own and find a whole foods plant based diet they often turn their health around.

Lots of people say "who cares about living 4-9 years longer I'd rather eat meat", but what that stat fails to show is that they are much healthier for all those years and able to enjoy life to its fullest. Compared to being riddled with health issues and taking prescription drugs that often cause more harm than good.

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
On the other hand, we aren't built like cows who chew their cud and have multiple stomachs to digest all the fiber they eat.

Vegans often have digestive issues, with flatulence and inflammation of the intestines and bodies as ailments.

They also tend to crave more sweets and sugar is detrimental to their overall health.

It isn't as simple as just eating more veggies. I think a balanced diet with moderation and small portions is a good choice.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts