Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm with Qtrade and they do support canadian level 2's however, none for the NYSE or other.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
11,730 Posts
Scotia iTrade Flight Desk software has US Level 2 at a Market Maker level. Free starting at iClub Gold level ($250k in account assets) or 50+ trades by quarter.

·
Registered
11,730 Posts
BMOIL does. No cost depending on portfolio size or trades made.
I also have a BMO IL account and Market Pro Lite is the lowest form of real time Level 2 quotes at Gold level ($250k account level). I don't know if that includes US real time Level 2 since I have never used it. Perhaps you can confirm if you use it.

For sure, Platinum ($2M account level) does with Market Pro Trader when I had that trading software at one time and used it. I never became familiar enough with it to choose it over Scotia's Flight Desk.

·
Registered
11,730 Posts
Sounds like I need to get to that 2 million point. lol
BMOIL used to provide Market Pro Trader free at much lower account levels but took it away from many investors when they boosted thresholds. It really torqued out a lot of account holders.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Sounds like I need to get to that 2 million point. lol
Not necessarily. - Give them a call and get the info directly. I have always had level 2, so don't know the entry requirements. But we did have gold level when we had two brokerage accounts. You only need $250k for Gold 5-Star account. You need to find out what that includes in terms of Level 2. If you get level 2, I think you get Canada and US.

·
Registered
11,730 Posts
I agree. Phone them to see if Market Pro Lite provides real time Level 2 quotes for the USA. That is available at Gold level.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Qtrade doesn't have accurate level 2 though. They won't break out the venues just the price order depth. It's a waste to pay for it if it's wrong.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts