Canadian Money Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
This is my watch list; things I have been thinking about initiating a position in, but for various reasons have not...

VNR Valener Inc
AQN Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
ALA Altagas Ltd
UFS Domtar Corp
RUS Russel Metals Inc
MX Methanex Corporation
HLF High Liner Foods Inc
EMP.A Empire Company Limited
PZA Pizza Pizza Royalty Corp
AP.UN Allied Properties Real Estate Investment
CSH.UN Chartwell Retirement Residences

·
Banned
12,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 · (Edited)
I got out of my A&W in the low $40's ...presently waiting for a bit more pain before repurchasing.
I was wathing AW.UN about year ago, but at the end , added more KEG.UN (apparently it happened to be good call :)), didn't follow AW for some time and was surprised that it's close to 52 weeks low... what happened? some bad Q reports? need to take closer look , maybe worth buying at some points as i 'm looking for some TFSA additions...

eder, what price you are planning to repurchase? Imho, 5% yield (price $32) will be a good entry point

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
... what happened? some bad Q reports? need to take closer look , maybe worth buying at some points as i 'm looking for some TFSA additions...

eder, what price you are planning to repurchase? Imho, 5% yield (price $32) will be a good entry point
I sold because the stock was $42 and they did a private sale of stock at I believe $38 so I got out intending to buy back around $38. But,after many great quarters, the last one had problems and I think many like me are on the fence before buying back in. Its thinly traded so a 5k block will move the dial. I'm getting close to a buy...I think its a good buy right now but I will wait a bit. I do want to get back in before next q report though. Everyone loves a hormone free no antibiotic ethically treated Teen Burger.

·
Banned
12,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
I do want to get back in before next q report though
I understand...because if Q report will be good, stock will become expensive before you click the button :) . btw, today it was 2% up on high (for this stock volume), I'd be buyer at $32 or below, but not sure if it gonna drop there.
btw, do you knw when AW nxt Q report?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Are there any good choices (stocks that thrive in response to higher interest rates) to watch as interest rates increase?
From my limited experience -exporters are hurt as the loonie increases, bonds and bond ETF's funds decrease...
Other than GIC's, are there any winners? (real return bonds?)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Looking to add BCE. A dollar off its 52 week high but I will see if it gets lower. SJR (Shaw) also seems interesting. Once freedom mobile becomes recognized as a stable cell phone carrier I think a lot of people will be switching to them if they continue to undercut competition. Bell would be more for consistent dividends and Shaw would be for growth

61 - 79 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.