Canadian Money Forum banner
21 - 40 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
As opposed to adding new positions to our taxable accounts, we decided to increase the minimum amount threshold for existing holdings. So far for 2022 we have added to our holdings of SLF, H, ACO-X & RNW. A continuance of our dividend investing strategy along with a +/- 85% equity & 15% fixed income allocation.

2022 TFSA contributions as well as 2021 distributions were used to purchase more DIR in both TFSA accounts.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Second tranche bought at the previous 52 week low at $27.54 bringing that position up to just under 3%. With yesterday's purchase of UL, my cash position is at just a sliver over 7%. Don't have any more orders in place at the present time.
Nice.

I was looking at SAP again today but decided against it. I already bought too much at 28.05, so I am going to just hold off and probably kick myself later. This stock has been beat. I wouldn't say it is "deep" value, but it certainly is value.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Curious to know....SAP price has been on a downward trend for many years. It has remained stagnant. Although it seems well priced today, what is the expectation? They are doing ok, however, no news of any major growth which will stimulate its value. Dividend acceptable but not great. I've been wanting to start a position for quite some time, but I keep hesitating.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I am wishing I hadn't upped my first bid to 28.39 but that is FOMO at it's best. The stock made some acquisitions years ago which compressed margins and its dividend growth. A lot of its sales are commercial, (think travel and hospitality) which have been hit super hard during the pandemic. I am expecting the next quarterly report to feel Omicron pain. I bought it due to the fact that I was low in consumer staples as well as its diversification into other countries for a long term play. It will likely be some time before we see strong dividend growth but they are yielding about 1% above their 5year average. I do expect longer term for the company to have better dividend growth. I have a bit more cash set aside to buy at $26 ish but be fine with price appreciation getting me to the 3-4% weighting I am seeking.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Curious to know....SAP price has been on a downward trend for many years. It has remained stagnant. Although it seems well priced today, what is the expectation? They are doing ok, however, no news of any major growth which will stimulate its value. Dividend acceptable but not great. I've been wanting to start a position for quite some time, but I keep hesitating.
Agreed - it needs a growth catalyst. Otherwise if it gets cheap enough it becomes a value play.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I buy Saputo mozzarella cheese from Costco all the time. Probably region dependent. In fact I didn't even know there was such thing as Beatrice cheese (I've only seen their milk).

Saputo also makes the Armstrong branded cheese sold at Walmart.
Costco: Milk and sour cream are Beatrice. I only buy Gouda cheese and it’s made in Holland.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Bought positions in FB and Alphabet . They both experienced price declines but the fundamentals remain vibrant. Alphabet has a growing position with its search engine, YouTube , the cloud business and is a leader with emailing and maps It has the chrome business and smartphone technology. Last time I looked at their balance sheet they have a gigantic cash position and virtually no debt.. It has a strong record for growth in revenues and earnings. FB has a very profitable and sticky operation. It ton has a great balance sheet. Between the two they might be the most common used daily service providers for most people in North America.

21 - 40 of 219 Posts