Canadian Money Forum banner
221 - 240 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Added to long term holding CWB.TO at 30.32 bringing it up to a 1/2 position. The bank reported a poor quarter with net income down considerably. The bank should do better next quarter and finish the year in a better position if commodities and energy remain strong. I would prefer to see oil drop back to 90 so that oil companies remain very profitable but gas price inflation subsides.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Bought positions in two cyber security stocks Palo Alto and Crowdstrike. Every organization whether public sector or private sector must prioritize cybersecurity security. It's a risk that cannot be ignored. These two are the leaders that the big organizations are turning to.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I'll keep buying value stocks. Maybe in 2023 it'll be a good timing to switch to growth.

Look at this graph and compare the following 3 years or 5 years performance of growth vs value when it's above or below the equilibrium at 1.

We're still way above 1.

Also, this decade we'll have to be very strategic because stocks are expected a very poor performance.

Reactions: james4beach

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
My orders are well below current share price so they may not execute. Like most of my buys I will likely be in a bit earlier than others due to FOMO. However, I will be buying the same quality companies at a price 25% lower than others were willing to pay at the start of the year. I don't expect them to perform as well as they did the past few years but will still be able to provide decent returns going forward.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I am in accumulation stage and my lesson learned is that don't wait for the bottom price. In 2018 and 2020, I waited for further price drop which didn't occur and I couldn't buy it. I remember that I changed the price of VUN from 45 to 44 in March, 2020 and it dropped to 44.5 and then rest is history. It went up to all the way 84.5. Nowadays I buy only 10 quantity with each time price drop 10 to 20 cents. Therefore, I don't miss the boat and have cash ready if it drops further.

Orders filled in today - HCLN, ZRE, XAW, XEQT, TEC

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I am in accumulation stage and my lesson learned is that don't wait for the bottom price. In 2018 and 2020, I waited for further price drop which didn't occur and I couldn't buy it. I remember that I changed the price of VUN from 45 to 44 in March, 2020 and it dropped to 44.5 and then rest is history. It went up to all the way 84.5. Nowadays I buy only 10 quantity with each time price drop 10 to 20 cents. Therefore, I don't miss the boat and have cash ready if it drops further.

Orders filled in today - HCLN, ZRE, XAW, XEQT, TEC
Traditional fall sale is coming. But it might not find the bottom until spring or so.

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Traditional fall sale is coming. But it might not find the bottom until spring or so.
Unless your crystal ball is crystal clear, that is only a supposition or assertion. The odds seem to suggest there is a higher probability of markets continuing to go lower in the near term, but because no one actually knows anything, DCA in accumulation is the least stressful and potentially the most rewarding thing to do.

In all my years of accumulation, I have minimal memory or recollection of what went well (or bad) when in a measurable sense. What I do remember is lessons learned in an effort to avoid repeating them in the future. One of them is trying to guess market direction several months out is a fool's game.

221 - 240 of 276 Posts