Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 20 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a gamble on MESA after a big drop this morning. Short term hold.
Doubled down on MESA on the premise that omicron will result in short term staffing issues but travel will continue to rebound strongly in to the spring/summer.

Bought some TRP. Also some ETHX for swing, but also FOMO reasons if I'm being honest.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I put the TFSA money in yesterday and started rebalancing by buying some VDY. I have an order in for ZAG, but missed the morning dip. I may have to calculate a new order tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,750 Posts
CHP.UN
FTS (kinda high right now, imo)
CAR.UN
XSP
CGR

Finding it difficult to buy things as everything just seems insane. But alas, I guess that is the result of printing exorbitant amounts of money...

·
Registered
13,119 Posts
VGRO for grandchild's RESP and VEQT for my own TFSA contribution. I have limit orders in place for both.

I had been buying MAW104 (currently 70/30 AA) in the RESP but am starting to buy VGRO this year now that BMOIL has a number of commission free ETFs. I was loathe to pay a $10 commission on a ~$2k purchase in previous years. I will continue to purchase VGRO for another 5 years or so until the parents have enough earning power to fund their own RESP contributions for their child. I will also continue to buy VEQT for my TFSA until I either die or become incompetent.

Very late edit: At my age, KISS principles for investing.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I'm having fun.

Bought a new nano cap, NLH
Added to an existing nano cap, VCI
Added to my small caps RAY-A, NWC and ERO

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Rising interest rate period. Financials are the place to be. Best in class with strong exposure to the USA. I already have a strong position in RY so I bought 14k of TD . No Canadian bank has the strong exposure to the USA as TD.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
TD, my one stock TFSA.
Kinda risky. Imagine how would that turned out if someone was invested in Deutsche bank since 2009.
has similar earnings, debt and cash as TD. But tenth of market cap.
plus I don’t understand why people are still using big banks for everyday banking, they are not cheap services, no exceptional customer service (try to get a hold on a phone or chat), and everyone is doing banking online anyway. Credit union or small unaffiliated financial institutions (EQ, Wyth, Neo etc) are great and cheaper alternative.

·
Registered
4,750 Posts
RY, BCE, T, MFC, FTS, ENB, CHP.UN, KMP.UN

Hopefully they are all lower next week so I can buy more.

1 - 20 of 274 Posts