181 - 200 of 281 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
1 single CNR share today @ $134.91.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
KaeJS please explain why only one single share .
Because I am tapped out financially.
I have everything invested (other than my cash reserves/safety net). I don't have any capital to deploy unless I dip into my reserves or use leverage, and I'm just not going to do that.

I add $70/day to my investment account.
So I can buy 1 CNR share every 2 days, currently.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Because I am tapped out financially.
I have everything invested (other than my cash reserves/safety net). I don't have any capital to deploy unless I dip into my reserves or use leverage, and I'm just not going to do that.

I add $70/day to my investment account.
So I can buy 1 CNR share every 2 days, currently.
But you have a trading fee each time don't you?

·
Registered
21,107 Posts
Even though MNT is at a 2.5-3% discount?
This is inside my TFSA. The consideration in this account is that I do rebalancing in here. Since CGL.C has the tighter bid/ask spread I think it's more useful for that purpose.

I hold the MNT in an account where I can just sit on it for a long time without any need to place additional trades.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Added a few shares of TWTR to my unreg. Good price right now at 52.82 after a 15% drop on Friday due to lower than expected growth. May add some more if it drops further.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Bought a share of CP at 460.
Getting more before the split in 10 days.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I notice all commodities from lumber to canola to oil are on a bullish upswing. I figure we are at the early stage of a cyclical bull market. If right how could a person play this in a registered account or accounts?

·
Registered
21,107 Posts
I notice all commodities from lumber to canola to oil are on a bullish upswing. I figure we are at the early stage of a cyclical bull market. If right how could a person play this in a registered account or accounts?
It could also be a false start, so be careful. It's going to be pretty hard to time a commodity bull market.

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
You may be a bit late to the game. Forest products, iron and steel, oil all have already had significant gains in 2021, presumably with expectation of increased profitability down the road. There may still be opportunities, but not sure where.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
A commodity bull used to signal the end stage of a bull market...not sure it still does with low interest rates in spite of rampant inflation. I agree...easy money was made in winter...maybe some gold producers have room to run since that's about the only commodity not hitting highs.

181 - 200 of 281 Posts