Canadian Money Forum banner

121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I feeling the same - I'm wondering whether the last 2 weeks of May will see a drop when banks report earnings.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I added to my SU position two weeks ago; CPX. I sold QSR - was in at $ 87 too high so took a loss and also NWC. Both of them make me nervous as it feels like momentum will fade.

To play I bought LPTH and AMD

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Made a small purchase of BCE in my TFSA today at $54.78. Had an order in for BNS today as well at 49.80 that didn't get filled. BCE will likely be a long term hold. Prior to today Telus was my only Canadian telco and a much larger position.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Not buying any equities. But, being fully invested, don't have any cash to buy anyway! So far, dividend income has not been affected. That is what I watch - Market value of portfolio not that important.

Today, I did buy 500 BAM 4.75% perpetual preferreds. 6% cash yield, Just to replace a $10k bond that matured in RRIF.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I sold 1/3 Enbridge position a few days ago and put the proceeds into Fortis today. Low interest rates are like crack for these companies.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Finally got around to opening up a brokerage account thanks to COVID, been slowly picking up JETS (ETF) on its way down for the long term hope of an eventual turnaround. 🤞

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
1/2 position of PBCT- Peoples United Financial @ 11.35US. 28 years of dividend increases. Although its increases in recent years have only been a penny. Peoples was the only bank I found that has this track record. I had put in a bid a couple months ago and it never hit. I then refocused on Canadian equities and consolidating my TFSA,LIRA and RRSP accounts. After yesterday's 5% drop I decided to take a bite.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Bought GICs to roll over my GIC ladder. US$ at 1.2%/5y and C$ at 2.3%/5y. Bleah.
The EQBank one I bought in March comes up soon. Need to decide what thin option to choose with that. Bleah.

121 - 129 of 129 Posts