Canadian Money Forum banner

What are you buying? 2020

288K views 306 replies 61 participants last post by  Jimmy 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Once funds are in TFSAs, will probably buy 300ZRE in one and 500 XRE in another.

Only REIT I have is Riocan. Long held and in a taxable account with a big CG. So it stays there.

I do have bonds & debentures issued by RE companies. Bought those instead of the equity when yields were not too much different. Less chance of losses and fixed maturity is nice. I would buy more if I could find them.

#15 ·
#18 ·
Back on Jan 2nd, bought my annual contribution allotment of MAW104 in each of my TFSA and RESP. Nothing more to do until Jan 4, 2021.

Well, not quite true. I have a maturing GIC and a bond to deal with in my RRSP later this year. It has a total of 10 holdings.

#31 ·
Added a bit more to a growing position in Gildan Active Wear ....great company but I admit they should do a bit better as they use only US cotton, spin their yarn in the USA, make the textiles in the Dominican & Honduras, they dont do the sweat shop thing or use China.

They are a Quebec headquartered firm so should benefit from treatment like SNC & Bombardier if required.

I wear their t shirts and like them...I think in today's emphasis on ethical employers Gildan is doing a better job than Apple and others exploiting China and their rewarding the abuse of human rights etc.. (Plus I think I will make out like a bandit long term).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.