Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought ski passes for Silver Star.

But it's time for a 2019 thread, and since I was my original petition to annualize it, I better do my bit.

·
Registered
9,930 Posts
MAW104 on Jan 2nd in my TFSA account...to go along with my existing MAW104 holding.

As of now, that will be my last purchase for the year. Next up will be the partial or full sale of a stock in non-reg sometime this year to top up my fixed income allocation back to desired levels. It got 'hurt' a few months ago with a final payment of about $28k for my SE Asia trip. I will gamble on a market recovery at some point this year to opportunistically do that. Two transactions for the entire year I think (hope).

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Also picked up a BLACK 2016 yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS SE ,,28 inch tires and 14 inch rims,hand warmers,winch,bash plate,extra seat for two,this one is for visitors

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I have a small trade going in some of the oversold small caps that all have growing revenues and earnings - GSY, EQB, EIF, CHW. Probably going to start an energy trade too based on seasonality (XEG above 10 and 20 day moving averages).

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I am dipping a little into the oil/gas space. I bought a little WCP. After oil drop of 2016, memories are still fresh on the damage that this space can do.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
More TD today ...1/2 way to full position...yielding 4% is pretty good for TD outside of a recession.

·
Registered
215 Posts
If they play it conservative and hold off on increasing the dividend, are they going to get killed on the share price, do you think?
Agree that dividends help support share price and a strong dividend payer who doesn't raise as expected could suffer. In this instance however I'm 100% "when", (just 7-8 weeks from now) and 0% "if". BTW imo they do "play it conservative" by keeping their payout in the low end of their stated 40-50% policy).

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
If they play it conservative and hold off on increasing the dividend, are they [the TD] going to get killed on the share price, do you think?

imho bank stocks don't get killed on minor dividend adjustments. They don't even get killed on higher interest rates. What kills bank stocks imho are heavy-duty recessions.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
bought Brookfield asset management. Always seems to be over priced, so decided to get some now while it is hammered in the correction. Its delivered fine growth in the past, so hopefully it will add some more growth to my mostly dividend income portfolio.

·
Registered
15,838 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
More TD today ...1/2 way to full position...yielding 4% is pretty good for TD outside of a recession.
Eder, TD for 2018. 2019 and this, are we going to the same church ?

Bought TD from 50% of my RRIF withdrawal. Now all my trading is done for the year !

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
The church led by Bharat Masrani.Amen.

TD ended the year with a blowout performance south of the border, with profits in its U.S. banking operations surging 44 per cent year-over-year in its fourth fiscal quarter....BNN

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Bought RY, TD and FTS for TFSA.

Now I need to save up some cash to buy more U.S. assets in my RRSP to offset CDN content. Thinking VYM or VTI.

Might gambit and buy NTR <> NTR:US. Need to find some money!!

I also like the call on BAM.A. Do you own in RRSP for USD $$ dividends for those that do or do you buy BAM.A on CDN $$ side and journal to USD $$ side?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Added to XIC and ZAG in the RRSP using some new money to move towards the target balance.
Added to CM in the non-registered. Trying to hold equal parts BNS, RY, BMO and CM so adding new money to rebalance. This is putting me overweight on banks though, since the big banks have been pretty strong.
I was seriously considering re-starting a position on OSB, but did not pull the trigger.

1 - 20 of 178 Posts