Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
183 Posts
If we know (can see the future), we wouldn't be here

RBC has some Top Global picks (7-8 in TSX)
Desjardins has 29 picks for TSX
TD has Action List Buys

not sure if anybody included Shopify last year ... I also did really well in it and sold/bought a few times. As always, sold too early half of the time, or bought too little half of the time (e.g. bought C$35 post-Brexit!!! but only 100 shares)

· Registered
10 Posts
I will invest this year for long term, Microsoft stock has an annual dividend yield of 2.58%, beating the average dividend yield of S&P 500 companies of just below two percent. During the first quarter of 2017, the company announced an eight-percent increase in its quarterly dividend to $0.39 per share and a new share repurchase program, authorizing up to $40.0 billion in share repurchases.

· Registered
107 Posts
Pump & dump....he/she/it is on a few forums cutting and pasting the same garbage.

I'll take a value approach to the OP's question.

I think the stocks that will be the best are ones with an appropriate forward P/E ratio. What you saw in 2016 was a number of stock with high P/E that missed estimates or trimmed guidance and they got whacked (GIS one example). If the market behaves as it has (lots of momentum, lots of money at play) it makes sense to me that undervalued companies will be rewarded the most relative to volatility. Of course the momentum stocks will continue to do well until...well...they lose momentum, but that's not a very good overall investing strategy unless your timing is great and you're lucky.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.