Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
i follow it but don't own any.
Lumber prices were high and they were making money hands over fists.
Lumber prices are now plummeting , so i would think WFT would as well. I would stay away until lumber price rebound.
Lumber_Composite.gif

·
Registered
86 Posts
Working in proximity to the major timber players of the west I am interested in board prices going up again in the coming months and in the long run.

Higher board prices coinciding with a management staff that plays the development game well is what brought WFT up earlier IMO. Conifex is a smaller name, I believe they will post good results for the next 4 quarters but as the timber changes in this region (pine beetle kill easy access/short haul to green heavy wood and/or long haul dead pine on rough terrain) I do not feel as though they are set up to succeed.

Furthermore, I see Canfor doing the correct things daily. They have the equipment others do not and the workforce capable of using it right now. Their development team is miles ahead of everyone else and they have consistently shorter haul distances. I believe they are set up to succeed greatly as each of these companies struggles with the timber market and the changes in timber profile and access.

*I would like to buy Canfor but do not currently hold any.

Cheers,
B

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I picked some of this up last june at $40 split adjusted. 20% gain and tiny dividend.

Looking at the insider reports, they're buying back a good amount of stock.
If' I'm reading the reports they've bought and cancelled about 650k shares ($3M) since late April)
Considering their market cap, that's rather inconsequential, but it's something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts