Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have the Wealthsimple trade app on IOS 13.4.1 (iPhone X) and I am trying to add my bank account. They list 12 popular Canadian banks and if yours is not listed you can search for it at the top. I tried searching for different banks but the search function doesn’t return anything (no search results). I already created a ticket with them but it may take several days for them to reply. They seem totally overwhelmed with the current situation. They are putting people on waiting list and so it may take many days for one to start trading. I am wondering if I should still invest with them. I understand that a lot of people are registering and trading at the moment but it's exactly in this situation that you need a reliable broker to take advantage of the good conditions.
Anyway could someone please login to their app and see if they can search for banks (click on your profile at the top left, funding, manage bank accounts, add bank account, search at the top). My bank is Desjardins and I had not problem finding it online on Wealthsimple (not trade).

Thank you!

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I tried it and I also can't find Desjardins.

Honestly, I wouldn't really recommend them as a reliable broker. There are a lot of trade delays, the quotes are delayed by 15 minutes, and I often notice mistakes in the status of the account. When you log into your account you see a graph at the top representing your performance with a status saying your balance and "Up $433.80 (17.66%) past day". Then down below there's a list of all your holdings and each has its own individual daily percentage change next to it. I have literally had it tell me I was up 5% or whatever for the day on the overall status, and then looked at my list of holdings and they were all down for the day.

I have a little bit of fun money in there because of the free commissions but I'd never use them as my main broker for sure. Way too unreliable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. Can you find any bank with the search function? I could not which let me think it's a problem with the search itself.
You probably use Questrade as your main broker?
I believe Wealthsimple (not their Trade flavor) is way more reliable but is also different (robo). I wanted to start with an all-in-one ETF for which I don't need a robo to do it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FYI we can now search for banks (it was a "bug" on their side). They haven't contacted me, I just tried again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts