Canadian Money Forum banner

81 - 100 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Canada will not vote Conservative during this pandemic because off the history with Conservatives cutting social programs. I think if an election were held today, Trudeau would win a majority.

·
Banned
1,450 Posts
The Bloc says that if Trudeau and Morneau don't resign by September, they will be calling for a non-confidence vote.

Will Conservatives stand up for their "principles" or are they just blowing hot air ? Time will tell.
Why is the rest of the Liberal party letting Trudeau get away with this?

·
Banned
3,736 Posts
Why is the rest of the Liberal party letting Trudeau get away with this?
They see Trudeau as the person best able to provide electoral success.
If he is forced to resign in disgrace, it's bad for the party.

More cynical views
I think he's too narcissistic to step out on his own.
There are several others involved with these shenanigans, and they're vulnerable to an attack if they try to force him out.
Lots of second tier Liberals have tied themselves to Trudeau, and a newcomer to clean up would put some pressure on them. Remember Trudeau, Butts & crew have been very autocratic, I'm sure the internal politics are huge.
I think several of the insiders (in government and outside) think this is "normal" and acceptable, and there is no real problem, other than some troublemakers are making a big deal out of it.

·
Registered
768 Posts
The larger crime is "Consultants" ...

All political parties use "Consultation" as a cash cow. That is where the real crime takes place.
There are billions being paid to consultants who just happen to be political insiders.
Many more millions are paid to advertising agencies which are owned and operated by political insiders. The Gomery inquiry pointed that out.

·
Banned
3,736 Posts
The larger crime is "Consultants" ...

All political parties use "Consultation" as a cash cow. That is where the real crime takes place.
There are billions being paid to consultants who just happen to be political insiders.
Many more millions are paid to advertising agencies which are owned and operated by political insiders. The Gomery inquiry pointed that out.
I have a solution.
Smaller government to focus on the core responsibilities of Government.

If they had far less money, it would be harder to siphon off as much to friends and insiders.

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
The Conservatives don't need to wait around hoping for some extremely unlikely scenario where the Liberals would vote against their own leader.

If they don't believe they would win a legitimate election, maybe they don't deserve to govern anyways. Best they sit on the sidelines and whine.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I got a solution.
Smaller government to focus on the core responsibilities of Government.

If they had far less money, it would be harder to siphon off as much to friends and insiders.
Please MrMatt. 'I've got' or 'I have' a solution. Not 'I got'. Poor use of English only makes an opinion less likely to influence others.

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
WE was paying a Republican strategy group to defend itself against libel propogated by right wing media Canadaland ?

It sounds like a cross border right wing conservative squabble was underway. Trudeau was right to pull out of the arrangement with WE.

With all the food fighting going on with the Conservatives groups, it was getting pretty messy anyways.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Trudeau was right to pull out of the arrangement with WE.
The WE deal was signed with a section of WE that had no assets which could be seized if WE did not properly perform the contract.
That is pretty fishy to me.

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
Yes, the Liberals were wise to pull the funding. Apparently, this charity goes back to the Harper government days.

·
Banned
1,450 Posts
Yes, the Liberals were wise to pull the funding. Apparently, this charity goes back to the Harper government days.
Ah...so Harper is to blame for Trudeau's corruption and repeated ethics violations today. Thanks for clearing that up.

·
Registered
968 Posts
At some point someone will be put under the bus and resign, no the PM but not sure. Don't think it would be the Finance minister with the Pandemic going on.

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
Do Canadians even care about such trivial matters ? I doubt it. They care about being financially supported by the government during this pandemic.

It sounds like more CERB is on the way, and mortgage deferrals will be extended for more months. Good news for hard hit Canadians.

·
Banned
3,736 Posts
Do Canadians even care about such trivial matters ? I doubt it. They care about being financially supported by the government during this pandemic.

It sounds like more CERB is on the way, and mortgage deferrals will be extended for more months. Good news for hard hit Canadians.
If people really don't care that Trudeau wanted to give his friends and family 400 million dollars, we have a problem.

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
I think Canadians know the difference between the facts and Conservative hyperbole.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
If people really don't care that Trudeau wanted to give his friends and family 400 million dollars, we have a problem.
Umm, which friends and family did he want to give $400 million to? I thought the money was going to be given to students albeit minus an administration fee. Nowhere have I heard $400 million was going to be given to Trudeau's friends and family. Methinks you do exaggerate too much MrMatt.

On a lighter note, I just made a typo which I corrected. But after I did, I thought how some Trudeau bashers would have liked it and might want to use it. I typed Turdeau, a simply transposition of the r and u. I'm not a Trudeau basher personally but I don't mind giving those who are something to have fun with if they want to.

·
Banned
3,736 Posts
Umm, which friends and family did he want to give $400 million to? I thought the money was going to be given to students albeit minus an administration fee. Nowhere have I heard $400 million was going to be given to Trudeau's friends and family. Methinks you do exaggerate too much MrMatt.

On a lighter note, I just made a typo which I corrected. But after I did, I thought how some Trudeau bashers would have liked it and might want to use it. I typed Turdeau, a simply transposition of the r and u. I'm not a Trudeau basher personally but I don't mind giving those who are something to have fun with if they want to.
$900 million to We, $500 million to students.

Where does the other $400 million go?
I'm sure that they'll find a way to funnel that to Liberal backers somehow, maybe give it to the big unions or something.

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
The money was budgeted if necessary, but wasn't necessarily going to be spent. It depended on how many students were involved.

WE and the other charities involved were to receive "up to" 43 million, if all the money was spent. (if the program was a huge success)

Mr.Matt posted the link, but apparently doesn't read past the headline.

Trudeau answered all the questions during the hearing, and Pierre Poutine said "nobody believed him".

Sorry Pierre.....You are the one most Canadians don't believe.

81 - 100 of 120 Posts