Canadian Money Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I got a captcha earlier today, but not in the past couple of hours. I had a LOT of trouble with them yesterday evening because I hadn't changed my NoScript settings to accommodate the captcha code.

Still no edit though. Edit is pretty important.
EDIT is restored! Yaay!

·
Registered
381 Posts
This site is fine... I don’t want change....

Maybe a better search function and editing back...

Don’t need a new forum....

The simplicity is what’s appealing....

Nice graphics use more bandwidth... it’s impossible for it to be faster while using more bandwidth...

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
This site is fine... I don’t want change....

Maybe a better search function and editing back...

Don’t need a new forum....

The simplicity is what’s appealing....

Nice graphics use more bandwidth... it’s impossible for it to be faster while using more bandwidth..
...+1.

Confirming the Edit function is restored/working, hippy hurray!

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Glad to hear fix on edits worked.

Kevin
We are too, but why was it broken in first place? And then those Captchas? Please leave this little site as is. As they say on your car sites - If it ain't broke, don't fix it (or break it so you can then fix it) We don't need the pain caused by conversion on other VS sites.

·
Administrator
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
There is some prep work that happens before migration where usergroups get changes and sections get moved around so that everything is in a precise order. We've found that having it so makes the migration go smoother and ensures that nothing gets left behind.

While things are properly "broken" here, we are using software that is very old and is no longer supported by it's developer. We've managed to keep things going but it's only getting more difficult to repair bugs. For the long term health and stability of the site, an upgrade is necessary.

Plus, the software we are changing to we had a direct hand in developing, so we will have full access to repair things without needing to rely on outside technical support

Kevin

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
weird! I can stay logged in ( the Remember Me box ticked) on my ipad, but it no longer works on my desktop (Win 7).
I have to re-log in each time, even tho i ticked the box on previous visit.
what gives?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts