Canadian Money Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
10,517 Posts
First day was full of "security error" with no option to login or a login that resulted in "invalid password". The most interesting one was when using my usual computer, a login that resulted in "you are banned".

The limited use it's been smooth until today. It showed my reponse that was posted but then when wandering back from another section to see the most recent post, mine didn't show. After posting a duplicate then deleting the duplicate, I noticed the bottom of the page had two reply sections opened, with cursors waiting for text to be typed.

Cheers

·
Registered
10,517 Posts
Interesting .... sometimes when I check other parts of the forum and return, my post # 41 doesn't show up and sometimes it does.

·
Administrator
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Interesting .... sometimes when I check other parts of the forum and return, my post # 41 doesn't show up and sometimes it does.
If you are using your back button or your browser is caching, you may need to refresh the page for new content.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
First day was full of "security error" with no option to login or a login that resulted in "invalid password". The most interesting one was when using my usual computer, a login that resulted in "you are banned".

The limited use it's been smooth until today. It showed my reponse that was posted but then when wandering back from another section to see the most recent post, mine didn't show. After posting a duplicate then deleting the duplicate, I noticed the bottom of the page had two reply sections opened, with cursors waiting for text to be typed.

Cheers
There was some site updating going on yesterday. Have you cleared your browser cache yet?

Are you still having issues today?

- Cricket

·
Registered
531 Posts
What exactly does the 'New' button at the top right retrieve? New since...last visit, new today, ...
In the old interface I set it to show 'new since my last visit', and would get 2-3 pages of new items. I can't set that in the search any longer, but am finding 'New' is missing threads with new posts - I'm only getting about 1/2 page of new. Example - the Covid-19 thread has many new posts since the new upgrade, but this thread never shows up when I click on New.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Just received error:
upstream connect error or disconnect/reset before headers. reset reason: connection failure

Had to reload.

After reload went to forums icon. Long delay before it opened and I was able to get here to post.

Typical problems being reported as some of us saw on other VS sites. You would think the problems would have been ironed out by now. They have been converting sites for at least 9 months.

·
Administrator
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
What exactly does the 'New' button at the top right retrieve? New since...last visit, new today, ...
In the old interface I set it to show 'new since my last visit', and would get 2-3 pages of new items. I can't set that in the search any longer, but am finding 'New' is missing threads with new posts - I'm only getting about 1/2 page of new. Example - the Covid-19 thread has many new posts since the new upgrade, but this thread never shows up when I click on New.
The NEW icon, by default, displays new UNREAD posts unless you change the filter to your preferences.

- Cricket

·
Registered
10,517 Posts
If you are using your back button or your browser is caching, you may need to refresh the page for new content.
I'll keep it in mind ... but I'm more likely to visit other sub-forums,. read some other threads then return because of a notice of a more recent post. Or I'll use the refresh.

I almost never use the back button.

Cheers

·
Registered
10,517 Posts
There was some site updating going on yesterday. Have you cleared your browser cache yet?

Are you still having issues today?
Yes I have cleared my browser cache.

No problems logging in for a couple of days but I noticed today that my login stays for the financial sections as well this section for feedback but goes back to "not logged in" in the General Discussion section.

I figured it wouldn't be too bad to login for one sub-forum but I'm on my third round of "security error

Now the day after ... if this shows up then I'm able to provide feedback on the second day.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Just thought I'd add some positive feedback here. This is a huge improvement from the previous version of the software in my opinion. Seems to work smoothly once you get the hang of it.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Just thought I'd add some positive feedback here. This is a huge improvement from the previous version of the software in my opinion. Seems to work smoothly once you get the hang of it.
It does work better than I experienced on other VS sites. This may be in part because this is a very small site.

Mind you, on the right side of screen today, it said that CMF has over 160,000 members???????? Where does that number come from admin? 160 would be a stretch.

Canadian Money ForumSince 2009A forum community dedicated to Canadian personal finance enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about investing, stock portfolios, equities, frugality, real estate, market trading, taxation, retirement, and more!
507.4Kposts
160.6Kmembers

·
Registered
12,129 Posts
Spam bots and lurkers. You'd be surprised how forums tend to have maybe 10x as many lurkers (readers who don't contribute) as active members.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'm finding myself spending way less time on here, I'm starting to see it as a chore and nuisance than a pleasure to read anything on here. The new graphics and fonts are fresher, yes, but are so very distracting and in your face.

The ads are annoying, but I understand. But the rest of the fonts and giant everything else, makes it hard to concentrate on the posts. Is there a setting I can change to reduce the giant sized boxes and icons? It's not browser or operating system specific.

I might be alone in this, but I honestly can't even be bothered to read more than a post or two. Very distracting layout.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
If you using a PC, first thing would be to install Ublock Origin as a browser extension. That will get rid of the ads. Your other points are valid, but I don't think there are any settings that will help. I have been through this on other forums owned by Verticalscope. Many complain, some leave, some just put up with the unwanted changes.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Please take a moment to review our updated FAQs and let me know if you have any questions.

- Cricket
I did. Is there anyway to adjust graphics or the layout. The nightmode helps slightly. And TBH, I won't even bother logging in on my phone, it's unbearable dealing with it all.

·
Registered
539 Posts
If you using a PC, first thing would be to install Ublock Origin as a browser extension. That will get rid of the ads. Your other points are valid, but I don't think there are any settings that will help. I have been through this on other forums owned by Verticalscope. Many complain, some leave, some just put up with the unwanted changes.
Thanks, that helped a little. I don't mind a few small ads here there, I get it, the site needs revenue. But the layout is just hard to let you focus on the posts.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts