Canadian Money Forum banner

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
No, I DO have to log back in.

If I am already logged in (my picture in square top right) and then try to post in say the Investing-Markets Tanking thread, it logs me out as soon as I try to do that. Then if I click on log-in it displayes that error. If I click on the Canadian Money top left, it logs me back in, but I then have to start again. Never can get to where I wanted to post.
I have a experience on other VS sites using same software, and it is not working correctly here.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
No, I DO have to log back in.

If I am already logged in (my picture in square top right) and then try to post in say the Investing-Markets Tanking thread, it logs me out as soon as I try to do that. Then if I click on log-in it displays that error. If I click on the Canadian Money top left, it logs me back in, but I then have to start again. Never can get to where I wanted to post.
I have a experience on other VS sites using same software, and it is not working correctly here.

Have you changed the urls of the icons or tabs you use to get to the site?

I was using my old ones at first for New Posts and I was getting what you're describing.

Then I changed to the following and don't get it any more:

Main Site:
Code:
http://canadianmoneyforum.com/index.php
Code:
https://www.canadianmoneyforum.com/whats-new/posts/
ltr

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Actually my old link was same as the one you have listed first. When you use that, the index part gets eliminated - just look at what appears in the address bar.. So no need for that just use Canadian Money Forum

So that was not the problem that I had. I switched to Firefox and so far haven't had same problem. Maybe they have fixed it? But have not gone back and checked on Chrome. The problem I had, was with internal links in the new forum software.

Added: now no problem on Chrome either. Problem must have got fixed.

·
Super Moderator
1,931 Posts
I've noticed a few users showing as banned, for no reason that I can see. I've manually unbanned the handful that I saw (including you andrewf) but I think there are still more user profiles in this state. I don't know why this happened.

Asking site admins if they can fix this.

·
Registered
12,104 Posts
If it helps diagnose, I was always showing as banned when I used the 'enhanced mobile view' on the old forum on mobile. I could switch to the desktop version where I was not banned. I didn't really like the old mobile site so I was okay with this an didn't report it at the time.

·
Super Moderator
1,931 Posts
If it helps diagnose, I was always showing as banned when I used the 'enhanced mobile view' on the old forum on mobile. I could switch to the desktop version where I was not banned. I didn't really like the old mobile site so I was okay with this an didn't report it at the time.
Very interesting. Thanks!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Is there any way to disable the confirmation required when viewing What's New and then clicking the 'Mark all read' button? I scanned through my account settings and didn't see anything that might control that behaviour.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Replies seem to show up really slow. Like delayed by over an hour or more. Hard to have a discussion when it updates so slow.

Also took about 10 times to log in. Try to reply to a thread, log in, then ask me to log in through google or FB, I click on email option, it says I've already logged in, try to reply to thread, circle repeats.

·
Administrator
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Is there any way to disable the confirmation required when viewing What's New and then clicking the 'Mark all read' button? I scanned through my account settings and didn't see anything that might control that behaviour.
I don't think that is an option, but I will pass on your feedback to the developers.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Replies seem to show up really slow. Like delayed by over an hour or more. Hard to have a discussion when it updates so slow.

Also took about 10 times to log in. Try to reply to a thread, log in, then ask me to log in through google or FB, I click on email option, it says I've already logged in, try to reply to thread, circle repeats.
You might want to clear your browser cache and make sure you aren't using an old URL in your bookmarks.

Are you using this one?

Also, make sure you aren't blocking cookies as that will interfere with you staying logged in.

- Cricket

·
Registered
213 Posts
I don't think that is an option, but I will pass on your feedback to the developers.

- Cricket
Thanks. I did a bit of Googling and apparently this has been a feature request going back many years. Therefore not holding my breath that it will get fixed any time soon.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts

I had that sort of thing happening. Not doing it now. Maybe clear cache in browser. Then access site by using just Canadian Money Forum . The picture in square top right just to left of 3 dots shows if you are logged in or not. That kept changing for me. But now not. I have been through this on other VS sites. Never a smooth transition.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Tried accessing cmf with phone. Would not load. Says an error occurred. Had to delete link from android home page. Then accessed via browser. Still would not work because it went to enhanced mobile or some other nonsense. Finally went to full version and it is working. Tons of ads and other rubbish.
Why do we have to put up with this crap?

·
Administrator
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
We will see weekly updates (approximately) that are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers.

- Cricket

·
Registered
531 Posts
I too find this annoying. I've already hit 'Mark all read'; don't need to confirm it. Furthermore, the messagebox is
'Are you sure you want to mark all forums read?'
One would expect two buttons, Yes/No to answer that question, however there is only one button, so no choice to answer no. Soo.....what is the point?

·
Super Moderator
2,993 Posts
I too find this annoying. I've already hit 'Mark all read'; don't need to confirm it. Furthermore, the messagebox is
'Are you sure you want to mark all forums read?'
One would expect two buttons, Yes/No to answer that question, however there is only one button, so no choice to answer no. Soo.....what is the point?
Yes, I too find the confirmation not really needed.

BTW, you could close the browser or hit "back arrow" for the No answer to the 'Are you sure you want to mark all forums read?' question.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Intermittently I've been receiving
Code:
upstream connect error or disconnect/reset before headers. reset reason: connection failure

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yes, I too find the confirmation not really needed.

BTW, you could close the browser or hit "back arrow" for the No answer to the 'Are you sure you want to mark all forums read?' question.
I realize that, but that isn't intuitive. The messagebox is poorly designed.

21 - 40 of 90 Posts