Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I tossed away my old TV, I was watching TV on internet. Watching Canadian programs are ok, but when I try to watch US programs(using VPN) , the audio becomes so choppy and simply intolerable.

For those who are watching foreign TV programs, what are your experience? Which service provider are you using?

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i watch american content via Hulu and Pandora as well as the network providers website via hotspot shield
Thanks MoneyMaker. I tried Pandora tv and it was good,without any sttutering, (except subtitles are bit annoying sometimes). Hulu was also good, with a bit stutery but compared to FOX/CBC, it's nothing. :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks MoneyMaker. I tried Pandora tv and it was good,without any sttutering, (except subtitles are bit annoying sometimes). Hulu was also good, with a bit stutery but compared to FOX/CBC, it's nothing. :)
perhaps you need a faster computer or internet connection?

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@high octane, I've added those 2 sites to my bookmark.

@MoneyMaker, It came to my mind. I'm using my notebook (Vaio , 1.85GHz, 2GB RAM) which is about 1+ year old, and have not plan to replace it just to watch TV. I should not expect a full power of the laptops/desktops. After trying the sites you mentioned, it is more to do with the source (FoX, CBC...). I will look into my ISP later.

:)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Your Vaio is more than adequate. My laptop is 4 years old, crashes daily, and streams video no problem

Go to speedtest.net and check your connection

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@high octane, My vaio was not available for the test (packed for the trip) so I tried with the older (slower and less RAM). The test showed 4+ Mbs for download. I don't know what the minimum requirement for the streaming without any stutter.

@Kirkland, I will give them a try once I'm back from the trip.

Thanks you both :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
i watch american content via Hulu and Pandora as well as the network providers website via hotspot shield
I tried Hulu using hotspot sometime ago but it did not work (I suppose they figured out people outside of US were using it so they 'banned' it).

I just checked again and it works ?!

I use tvgorge.com and atdhe.net

The quality is hit or miss, but it's free
Tried tvgorge yesterday and it is no longer free (have to pay or fill out surveys). I used to like it as the quality was good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts