He goes Jargey, lets use mailing a regular letter as an example.....sigh....I wish I understood any of this....
Regular mail ...
- You mail a letter to an specific address, say 123 box street, Gander, NL.
- Canada post sends the letter directly to 123 box street, Gander, NL.
- If they send reply mail it goes directly back to you home address.
- You place your letter to 123 box street, Gander, NL. inside another letter.
- The outer letter is address is 456 virtual street Chicago, IL, USA.
- Canada post sees the Chicago, IL address and the letter goes there.
- At Chicago, IL, they open it, change the inner letter return address to Chicago, IL.
- They then mail your inside letter to 123 box street Gander, NL.
- If they send reply mail, it goes back to Chicago, IL.
- Chicago, IL then mails the return letter to your home address.
- It looks like, to Canada Post, you only send letters to 456 virtual street Chicago, IL, USA.
- The final recipients of every letter you send all think they came from 456 virtual street Chicago, IL, USA.
- The final recipients don't know your home address.