Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Voyager Digital Announces Conditional Approval to List on the Toronto Stock Exchange

Voyager is a simple-to-use mobile app for buying, selling, and earning yield on crypto assets. It searches multiple exchanges to get the best prices without commission fees. It also pays monthly interest up to 12% APR including 9% APR on USDC and additional yield for loyalty token holders. They will also be adding stock trading and digital payments with recent acquisitions.

Voyager Digital is gearing up for rapid growth with new acquisition and all-star crypto partnership

It is currently rising on the US app store and coming to the Canadian and Euro app stores soon.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've used this app since it came out and recommend it to anyone who wants to dabble in crypto. I can get almost as good yield as self-custody on chain and being publicly traded with a reputable team make it trustworthy. There is a spread on the trades but I find it better than most entry level exchanges like Coinbase, although not as cheap as Binance.

My complaints are the server crashes whenever there is a huge influx of users and I don't like the withdrawal fees and limits. These will hopefully be improved over time or with the upcoming loyalty rewards program. I prefer Celsius app for yield because it pays weekly but Voyager yields are pretty good if not slightly better without the extra hassle

It is certainly much better and cheaper than anything currently available to Canadians so launching on the Canadian app store should add a large number of users. I don't think any crypto exchanges in Canada connect to a bank directly yet so hopefully it will also have Canadian EFT like it has US ACH transfers

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I have a little of the stock bought after the bitcoin fall earlier this year. Pretty strong sales growth - 65% quarter to quarter.

·
Registered
328 Posts
It's an interesting stock, i made a big bet on IBKR on hopes that their crypto launch announced within 30 days can be a big catalyst for the stock.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's an interesting stock, i made a big bet on IBKR on hopes that their crypto launch announced within 30 days can be a big catalyst for the stock.
I didn't know that. I used to have IB and was recently thinking I need to move my non-reg back to them. I wonder if IBKR will use Coinbase or Gemini for custody

So why not buy COIN instead? VOYG is a much better value imo but they also don't really compete. Most of COIN revenue is coming from institutional investors

Webull seems to be very popular in the US and has stocks + crypto. Voyager wants to add stocks. Why not

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
I didn't know that. I used to have IB and was recently thinking I need to move my non-reg back to them. I wonder if IBKR will use Coinbase or Gemini for custody

So why not buy COIN instead? VOYG is a much better value imo but they also don't really compete. Most of COIN revenue is coming from institutional investors

Webull seems to be very popular in the US and has stocks + crypto. Voyager wants to add stocks. Why not
COIN has priced in a lot of growth already into its price. My bet on IBKR is centered on 3 main catalysts. 1) Introduction of Crypto 2) Approval of the banking license application in the USA. 3) Rising Interest rates.

I see downside risk as limited at the current valuation and if those events come and push their revenues higher in a significant way then I'm looking at retirement money.

For crypto, i bet on Defi Yield technologies, Coin Analyst and NFT technologies in the Equity space. For tokens it's CRO, WAXP, BTC.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
VOYG is on the TSX now. NASDAQ maybe early 2022

It's down today with the US senate discussing regulation. Voyager is a brokerage not an exchange but it does pay yield which should be regulated (evil evil interest that competes with the big bankers 0.01% profitable yields)

It's now #39 in the finance rank of US iOS app store. CRO is 18 and COIN is 10

1 - 8 of 8 Posts