Canadian Money Forum banner
1041 - 1060 of 1092 Posts

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Would stay away from masks with graphene oxide. There are a lot of reports that test swabs, some masks from China & vaccines contain graphene oxide. Of course mainstream media & health officials deny.
... what is the purpose of putting graphene oxide in vaccines? I can see the possibility for masks and test swabs but for vaccines? To make you stronger? Or are you getting materials for your posts from FB, Instagrm, forbiddenknowledge.net and the likes as the source of facts? Do you need a bigger tinfoil hat?

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Most likely in Los Barriles (this years final destination) they haven't yet heard of Covid. I'll grab a Covid booster in California if necessary before heading down.
How about you? Back to PV in a few months?
We just got out of quarantine on Sunday. Planning to return Nov 15

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
An Ontario MPP said today that students will be wearing masks again the fall. Does that mean Ontario will still have a mask mandate in Sept? Are we the only province where masks are still required?

I don’t have a big issue with masks….but I feel for my kids who will be enduring their 3rd year of school disruptions. No cafeteria…..limited social engagements….same kids in class everyday. I was hoping the need for masks would go away by then…..for the 12+ crowd.

·
Registered
11,560 Posts
An Ontario MPP said today that students will be wearing masks again the fall. Does that mean Ontario will still have a mask mandate in Sept? Are we the only province where masks are still required?

I don’t have a big issue with masks….but I feel for my kids who will be enduring their 3rd year of school disruptions. No cafeteria…..limited social engagements….same kids in class everyday. I was hoping the need for masks would go away by then…..for the 12+ crowd.
For 3 months we were the only jurisdiction in North America where indoor dining was banned! Ontario is a special place 🤣

·
Registered
21,098 Posts
Here is the advice from a US clinic that I used to go to. Remember that when they say "vaccinated" they mean people who have received both shots.

Notice that they advise fully vaccinated people to wear a mask if they are in large groups indoors, if there might be un vaccinated people. That's why I still wear a mask in stores and also in coffee shops, myself.

When I am hanging out with my friends and family, who I know are fully vaccinated, I won't be wearing a mask. But strangers and the general public are a whole different matter. You have no idea who they are, they might be travelling from god knows where, and they may not be vaccinated.

If you’re fully vaccinated, you can take off your mask and enjoy activities like swimming, barbecues, sports, camping and more. Indoors or outdoors, you can go without a mask if all participants are vaccinated.

Wear a mask:

• In large groups where you don’t know who is vaccinated, especially indoors.
  • If you aren’t vaccinated, any time you are indoors away from home.
  • When a mask is required in a building or business.
For kids too young to be vaccinated, there’s no right answer for every situation. Kids are still vulnerable to COVID-19. Risk is highest:
  • Indoors.
  • In large groups where it’s hard to stay 6 feet from others.
  • With adults or teens who aren’t vaccinated.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Here is the advice from a US clinic that I used to go to. Remember that when they say "vaccinated" they mean people who have received both shots.

Notice that they advise fully vaccinated people to wear a mask if they are in large groups indoors, if there might be un vaccinated people. That's why I still wear a mask in stores and also in coffee shops, myself.

When I am hanging out with my friends and family, who I know are fully vaccinated, I won't be wearing a mask. But strangers and the general public are a whole different matter. You have no idea who they are, they might be travelling from god knows where, and they may not be vaccinated.

If you’re fully vaccinated, you can take off your mask and enjoy activities like swimming, barbecues, sports, camping and more. Indoors or outdoors, you can go without a mask if all participants are vaccinated.

Wear a mask:

• In large groups where you don’t know who is vaccinated, especially indoors.
  • If you aren’t vaccinated, any time you are indoors away from home.
  • When a mask is required in a building or business.
For kids too young to be vaccinated, there’s no right answer for every situation. Kids are still vulnerable to COVID-19. Risk is highest:
  • Indoors.
  • In large groups where it’s hard to stay 6 feet from others.
  • With adults or teens who aren’t vaccinated.
And here is CDC guidance:

• If you are fully vaccinated, you can resume activities that you did before the pandemic without wearing a mask or physically distancing, except where required by laws, rules, regulations, or local guidance.
  • Members of your family who are unvaccinated, have weakened immune systems, or underlying medical conditions need to continue to take steps to protect themselves from COVID-19.
If you’ve been fully vaccinated:

• You can resume activities that you did prior to the pandemic.
  • You can resume activities without wearing a mask or staying 6 feet apart, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance.
  • If you travel in the United States, you do not need to get tested before or after travel or self-quarantine after travel.
  • You need to pay close attention to the situation at your international destinationbefore traveling outside the United States.
    • You do NOT need to get tested before leaving the United States unless your destination requires it.
    • You still need to show a negative test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before boarding an international flight to the United States.
    • You should still get tested 3-5 days after international travel.
    • You do NOT need to self-quarantine after arriving in the United States.
  • If you’ve been around someone who has COVID-19, you do not need to stay away from others or get tested unless you have symptoms.
    • However, if you live or work in a correctional or detention facility or a homeless shelter and are around someone who has COVID-19, you should still get tested, even if you don’t have symptoms.

·
Registered
21,098 Posts
The CDC is now advising the public, including fully vaccinated people, to wear masks indoors in areas that have high rates of COVID.

The US has a very high rate of new infections, so COVID is rapidly spreading. Masks are not required everywhere, but in states or cities with high rates of spread, masks should be worn by everyone... including vaccinated people.

"In areas with substantial and high transmission, CDC recommends that fully vaccinated individuals wear a mask in public indoor settings to help prevent spread of delta and protect others," the agency said.

Not required in Canada at the moment because we have low rates of transmission.

In any case, it's always best for your own safety to wear a mask indoors in public areas, around strangers and crowds. It's such a no-brainer.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
^ I'm surprised that the "CDC" is making this kind of advice. I thought they left the recommendation to each individual states to decide on banning the mask wearing.

Besides, anyone with half a working brain don't need to "follow CDC's (you know the governmental control)" recommendation. They supposed to be able to think for themselves if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Majority of people don't even have half a working brain.
CDC gives guidance. Individual states do as well.
When people see two different bodies give two different advices, they lost faith, so the guidance needs to align to some extent.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Majority of people don't even have half a working brain.
... right, only the minority does.
CDC gives guidance. Individual states do as well.
When people see two different bodies give two different advices, they lost faith, so the guidance needs to align to some extent.
... right, some still view that "guidance" as "governmental control".

And why lose faith when the majority (according to you) with half a working brain can't think for themselves? Which is it?

·
Registered
536 Posts
... right, only the minority does.
... right, some still view that "guidance" as "governmental control".

And why lose faith when the majority (according to you) with half a working brain can't think for themselves? Which is it?
Because two health bodies give you two different advice. So how can one find out which one to adhere to if they choose to or are incapable of making those choices for themselves?

Recent interviews with unvaccinated Canadians (on cbc) showed that significant portion chose not to get a shot after HealthCanada and NACI contradicted each other, shifted advices, and in general made a mess of the communication.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Because two health bodies give you two different advice. So how can one find out which one to adhere to if they choose to or are incapable of making those choices for themselves?
... well, according to those "who don't want or believe in governmental control", they don't have to adhere to any. For the rest of the half-working brain population, they can use their own commons sense on which choice is best for them. And as for those who are "truly incapable (in the context of mental incapacity)", they don't have a choice as someone will be making that choice for them.

Recent interviews with unvaccinated Canadians (on cbc) showed that significant portion chose not to get a shot after HealthCanada and NACI contradicted each other, shifted advices, and in general made a mess of the communication.
... give me a break, the "unvaccinated(by choice)" Canadians have already made up their hard-cored-minds regardless of HealthCanadian, NACI, WHO, their family doctor continually shifting and contradicting, each other to the moon.

·
Registered
536 Posts
... well, according to those "who don't want or believe in governmental control", they don't have to adhere to any. For the rest of the half-working brain population, they can use their own commons sense on which choice is best for them. And as for those who are "truly incapable (in the context of mental incapacity)", they don't have a choice as someone will be making that choice for them.

... give me a break, the "unvaccinated(by choice)" Canadians have already made up their hard-cored-minds regardless of HealthCanadian, NACI, WHO, their family doctor continually shifting and contradicting, each other to the moon.
Well, if you know better what motivations of Canadians were than they do then that's fine.
Guess you are omnipotent or at least believe yourself to be.
This was CBC article and this is the view expressed by unvaccinated.
You can claim to know better, accuse them of lying, do whatever you want.
Simply conveying an information.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Well, if you know better what motivations of Canadians were than they do then that's fine.
... I don't and I don't care what motivations of these Canadians are other than they seem to think they're the only people on this planet with their rights infringed.
Guess you are omnipotent or at least believe yourself to be.
... how is that when I'm not in governmental control? That's your allegation if not POV.
This was CBC article and this is the view expressed by unvaccinated.
... you never posted a link even so what article, and from CBC?
You can claim to know better, accuse them of lying, do whatever you want.
...no, I didn't claim I know better, that's your claim. And I never accused them of lying. Why do I need to "accuse" them of "lying" when they don't want to be "vaccinated" anyways when they don't trust the information coming from governmental health bodies, never mind about the inconsistent info. Two different issues. Of course, I'm going to do whatever I want and so with you.
Simply conveying an information.
... sure sure sure. Just trying to stoke 'disinformation' coming from the governmental bodies due to their inconsistences which everyone with half a brain already knows that a certain bunch of people is making that attempt here.

·
Registered
536 Posts
... I don't and I don't care what motivations of these Canadians are other than they seem to think they're the only people on this planet with their rights infringed.
... how is that when I'm not in governmental control? That's your allegation if not POV.
... you never posted a link even so what article, and from CBC?
...no, I didn't claim I know better, that's your claim. And I never accused them of lying. Why do I need to "accuse" them of "lying" when they don't want to be "vaccinated" anyways when they don't trust the information coming from governmental health bodies, never mind about the inconsistent info. Two different issues. Of course, I'm going to do whatever I want and so with you.
... sure sure sure. Just trying to stroke 'disinformation' coming from the governmental bodies due to their inconsistences which everyone with half a brain knows that a certain bunch of people is making that attempt here.
You are not reading. You just spout nonsense without actually paying attention what others are saying.

Some individuals are making a choice. They make a choice based on data available and opinions of others.
If opinion given to them by Health Canada and NACI contradicts each other, is chaotic, and not trustworthy, then it raises hesitancy.
Psychologically humans are geared toward inaction during such uncertainty.
It has nothing to do with governmental control or rights - stop spewing nonsense.

it is simply about people trying to make a decision while health authorities contradict each other and make absolute mess of communication - which introduces doubt - which leads to natural reaction - inaction.

Sorry, didn't know that writing paragraphs completely unrelated things is fine use of your time but quick google search is not:

·
Registered
15,619 Posts
Wearing a mask will be around until a stronger vaccine or better treatments are developed.

The Delta has changed everything and it is likely there is more to come. The latest one.......Lambda is circulating in some countries.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Wearing a mask will be around until a stronger vaccine or better treatments are developed.

The Delta has changed everything and it is likely there is more to come. The latest one.......Lambda is circulating in some countries.
It's not a "stronger" vaccine, it is a vaccine targetted at the particular virus you want to stop.
The reason delta is a problem now, is it's actually more dangerous, and the current vaccines aren't targetted at it.

1041 - 1060 of 1092 Posts