Canadian Money Forum banner

841 - 859 of 859 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Yes, I’ve been seeing that. Jt they aren’t really confirming that spread is occurring.....just that you may have been on a plane or seated near someone infected.

why isn’t contact tracing happening with airlines As James mentioned in #835?

i can’t even Enter the Costco Optical section (it even isn’t a separate room) without completing a questionnaire.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
^ How do you know that contact tracing isn't happening with the airlines? And even so, how effective is that when people aren't even following the "rules" (aka laws) of 14 days quarantine.

Just look/readup on that ugly monkey's (pic from post #817) movement ... blatant ignorance + violations of "all" the EmergencyAct and it's beyond me why he isn't in jail by now. All it takes is just one 1 person to spread this "infectious" disease to others ... creating other spreaders + superspreaders (possibly with this bozo).

And then there's the strip club fiasco in TO of contact tracing ... mostly false info given ... so much for the effectiveness of actual (aka proper) contact tracing.

I think contact tracing only works well in employment setting where your ID can't be falsified and your movement(s) can actually be traced ... and provided the employer is cooperative.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Believe it or not, but most Canadians live in Canada's largest cities.

The social distancing rules should be sensitive to local conditions, but consider that you may be seeing people from higher incidence area moving to areas with lower incidence.
Considering I moved from the GTA to Yellowknife, I know. Thanks for your input hahaha.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I guess we'll disagree...social distancing and clean hands is much more important than a non surgical mask.

If we eliminate Calgary & Edmonton there are only 100 active cases in the rest of Alberta...none in ICU.
Except there are cases in the smaller cities too. I have friends who live in the surrounding areas of the larger Cities. As cases are popping in their smaller towns, they are starting to get more worried. They are at the place where the larger cities where 4 or 5 months ago. Especially with kids going to school, it's changing the landscape. The towns that decided not have a mask by-law are started to get the anti-maskers in their towns. The locals don't like it and some are reconsidering if they want 'those anti-maskers city folk' in their towns to shop and use there services.

When I go to smaller towns, I do still wear a mask out of consideration for them because coming from a larger City, I could bring it into their community.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Ahhh...its nice to be back in the Okanagan...no masks mandatory other than a few national chains. Calgary and Edmonton is out of hand with their BS mask policies.

Here's were Lala Land is going though...can't make this up!

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
^ In another news piece, he said he was going to fight the charges under the Charter ... I say let him. In fact, he can fight it all the way to the SOC.

Plus it'll be really beautiful to see his faithful social media "followers" help/bail him + her out. :poop::poop:

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Well this guy really was asking for it. He was prominent in social media and vocal about not obeying federal quarantine.

He flew into Canada and then refused to quarantine himself. It's a federal law, not a "suggestion".
This far in, the fact that he was able to break quarantine is a problem.
Lock them up for the quarantine period.
Or at least test first or something.

·
Registered
17,964 Posts
If anyone here (perhaps in one of the hot zones) is looking for N95 masks, I know of a source through a company in BC which does online deliveries. Message me if interested and I'll send you the link.

The only N95's they have are packs of 20+ which start over $100

·
Registered
17,964 Posts
The mask wearers Look @ me I am a sheep. I turn off my mind trust in government & deprive myself of oxygen.
But how do you explain the fact that doctors, surgeons, and nurses have always been wearing masks while doing their jobs?

Think of all the complex surgeries that are being done. The surgeons always wear surgical masks... sometimes for hours. And they are doing the most complex tasks imaginable on patients.

If wearing a mask deprived people of oxygen and impaired their brain function, how is that surgeons always wear masks. It simply would not be allowed. But they always wear them. The only negative thing said about surgeons wearing masks is that they can cause glasses to fog up.

Lonewolf, maybe you're trying the wrong kind of mask. Some masks are not very breathable and give a suffocating feeling. The cheap kind of disposable masks (which are similar to surgical masks) are some of the more comfortable ones. You can buy packs of them at around 70 cents each. They don't deprive people of oxygen.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
But how do you explain the fact that doctors, surgeons, and nurses have always been wearing masks while doing their jobs?

Think of all the complex surgeries that are being done. The surgeons always wear surgical masks... sometimes for hours. And they are doing the most complex tasks imaginable on patients.

If wearing a mask deprived people of oxygen and impaired their brain function, how is that surgeons always wear masks. It simply would not be allowed. But they always wear them. The only negative thing said about surgeons wearing masks is that they can cause glasses to fog up.

Lonewolf, maybe you're trying the wrong kind of mask. Some masks are not very breathable and give a suffocating feeling. The cheap kind of disposable masks (which are similar to surgical masks) are some of the more comfortable ones. You can buy packs of them at around 70 cents each. They don't deprive people of oxygen.
They can't explain it, because it isn't true, the anti-maskers are just nuts.

·
Registered
579 Posts

I am not playing the game. I trust in my eyes I do not see people dying on mass from COVID instead I see people living their lives in fear & lives being destroyed. Government is causing the problems not Covid. I have studied history & understand how power effects the tyrants. Read the box masks do not protect from virus. There are modern day witch hunters out there locking people in their homes. This has nothing to do with a virus it is about power tripping & control.

·
Registered
579 Posts
They can't explain it, because it isn't true, the anti-maskers are just nuts.
Not all countries doctors wear masks. The mood of the masses effects the thinking of even the highest intellect. Without commitment to reason your mind is a junk heap of invalid theories regardless of knowledge & intellect.

I use mans biological distinguishable trait reason as my standard to gauging self esteem which gives me a huge edge for judging that which is true. For esteem is an omni basic psychological need which entails you are committed to that which is good &TRUE & capable & worthy of living. By having a strong commitment to reason judging truth by the senses & not trusting government for that which is true the mind is a more powerful tool. Since esteem is a judgement their must be a standard used for gauging one esteem. Reason is the best standard.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
I am not playing the game. I trust in my eyes I do not see people dying on mass from COVID instead I see people living their lives in fear & lives being destroyed. Government is causing the problems not Covid. I have studied history & understand how power effects the tyrants. Read the box masks do not protect from virus. There are modern day witch hunters out there locking people in their homes. This has nothing to do with a virus it is about power tripping & control.
... that's because you're hiding in your basement and not in at a hospital/LTC/nursing home/etc., refusing to see the realit(ies) out there.

And it is most likely you have never seen a "death (human being)" before and living on the delusions/substances that there is an utopian afterlife.

841 - 859 of 859 Posts