Canadian Money Forum banner

581 - 600 of 715 Posts

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #581
It's quite disappointing to read some of the views that CMF members, who otherwise seem intelligent, post here. This is not about politics. This is seriously about life or death. Our country responded well and we are in a much better situation than most. Let's keep it that way and not go the way our neighbors.

·
Banned
434 Posts
I feel sorry for the active military members who are willing to endanger themselves to protect our rights and freedoms. They must watch the nightly news back in Canada (or USA) to see no sacrifice by local citizens to wear masks and social distance. ugh massive let down!
I feel sorry for the military members who lost their life to government tyrants fighting for our freedoms. They are rolling in their graves disgusted with us giving up our freedoms so easily. People on this site even want the tyrants to baby sit them. The whole COVID thing is BS. They are murdering people over politics & climate change.

People have been tested for antibodies for Covid & were not tested for Covid have tests come back that they have Covid when they were not even tested for Covid. People have signed up to get tested for Covid & the line was too long so they leave never getting tests. They then are told they have Covid. Go to the hospital in the US the first thing they test for is Covid. The hospitals get paid extra money for treating Covid. So everyone has Covid weather they do or not. They are not using ventilators properly causing death. If you die in a car accident or have a heart attack death is from Covid.

There are climate change people that are doing what ever they can to destroy the economy. Nationalize large corporations destroy the middle class.

·
Banned
434 Posts
It's quite disappointing to read some of the views that CMF members, who otherwise seem intelligent, post here. This is not about politics. This is seriously about life or death. Our country responded well and we are in a much better situation than most. Let's keep it that way and not go the way our neighbors.
It is about politics & climate change. Why do you think the numbers are the worst in the US when the globalists want to get rid of Trump so bad. Watch CNN they hate Trump more then they love their country.

·
Banned
3,736 Posts
It's totally about politics, that's the point.

We have a public health crisis, but the Trudeau Liberals are sitting there playing politics, lying, breaking multiple health guidelines, trying to seize power and give handouts to his friends and family.

It would be nice if they could cut out the political crap and do their job, but they don't.
At least it's not as messy as the US.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #585
It would be nice if you and some others here could cut out the political crap

Just try and recognize that things in Canada are a lot better than most, maybe all, other countries out there of similar size.

·
Banned
434 Posts
You're missing the point.
The Government is giving themselves the tool to censor and criminalize your ability to share facts.

I'm just listing a specific, recent example where the official Government of Canada position was the falsehood.
What if there are other points they're lying about, or the next issue when they decide to lie.

Remember Dr Tam said travel restrictions don't work. That is a falsehood that cost lives.
People are dead because the Government of Canada decided to go with a lie, and they want to criminalize your ability to say the truth. That should terrify you.

Imagine if Trump had the ability to criminalize "misinformation" that went against the official White House position on COVID19. Don't you see how terrifyingly dangerous that is?
This is a financial site & those playing the market have a better chance of winning if they understand human nature. It seams few on this site understand human nature. They do not seam to realize how people power trip & get power hungry when they are given a bit of power. These guys think the can control the temp of the earth LOL & they are doing more damage by trying to control a cold virus then the virus can do by itself.

They put limits on the use of stem cells when the limits should be on vaccine & the study of virus. Mad men in power will kill more then any virus

·
Banned
3,736 Posts
It would be nice if you and some others here could cut out the political crap

Just try and recognize that things in Canada are a lot better than most, maybe all, other countries out there of similar size.
I agree, actually I think Canada is honestly better than most.
However I find it very disheartening when I see people and political leaders working to destroy this country.

I was in the military, I know many others who are/were, and I know many veterans, including some who didn't make it back, or live with permanent injuries.
I think of their sacrifices, then see the selfish people trying to destroy what took generations to build, and it makes me sick.
I think the people trying to destroy my country should go and learn what happens when these structures aren't there.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Here is my question for everyone reading this thread. Please answer it for me.

Are YOU or are YOU not wearing a mask when you go out and interact with other people? Yes or No?

At this point, I think everyone should be answering yes and THAT is what this thread is about, 'use of masks'.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
I'm just listing a specific, recent example where the official Government of Canada position was the falsehood.
What if there are other points they're lying about, or the next issue when they decide to lie.

Remember Dr Tam said travel restrictions don't work. That is a falsehood that cost lives.
People are dead because the Government of Canada decided to go with a lie, and they want to criminalize your ability to say the truth. That should terrify you.
I think there is a big difference between misinformation or changing information verses lying. Though I totally believe the borders should have been closed earlier, and travel

Are YOU or are YOU not wearing a mask when you go out and interact with other people? Yes or No?

At this point, I think everyone should be answering yes and THAT is what this thread is about, 'use of masks'.
Absolutely when inside and whenever outside if we can’t maintain distance. We have masks in every vehicle and there is a going out kit that is at the door.
I offer masks to anyone that thinks they need to come near me. I am working on trying to get masks into my kids school and any of their indoor activities where possible.

So yes. I don’t know why this is so difficult for people to understand.

·
Banned
3,736 Posts
I think there is a big difference between misinformation or changing information verses lying. Though I totally believe the borders should have been closed earlier, and travel
I agree.
Changing information is fine.
Unintentional misinformation is regrettable, but I don't make a moral judgement here.
Misinformation through negligence, ie not checking the facts, is unprofessional, and I think this is where those acting in an official expert capacity have some culpability.
Intentionally spreading information that you know is false is lying. That is why I used the word lying. In the case where you knew this could kill people, I think it rises to the level of negligence or professional misconduct.

·
Registered
12,556 Posts

In public, yes. Mask wearing is mandatory in my area in public places. With family, no.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Yes everywhere outside of home ... on public transit, supermarkets, pharmacies, doctor's office, etc. Masks are currently required and mandated by the city of TO in all public areas as well as private establishments. Signs are posted in front of virtually all these establishments, stating masks required prior to entering.

I wear them whilst walking on the street as it's a PITA to have to put them back on after taking them off ... especially an N95 one (which I saved from the SARs' days btw). Once that one breaks or wear out, I'll replace it with the lighter non-surgical masks. Now debating on making my own.

·
Registered
17,079 Posts
Agree 100%

·
Registered
10,237 Posts
I have not bothered to read recent pages in this thread but it clearly has gone off the rails with some really dumb shite. Clearly from the perspective of provincial health officers and any degree of common sense, it is pretty clear the latest uptick in covid cases is being caused by lack of physical distancing and lack of use of masks. If we don't want to backtrack into a new Phase 2, it seems to me to be an absolute no brainer to wear a mask in enclosed spaces.

The very recent large uptick of covid cases in BC tourist places is due to lack of discipline in group size and physical distancing/non-mask wearing. That selfishness and lack of consideration is now costing businesses foot traffic and interruptions in service having to shut down for a few days at a time due to covid cases. After a quiet June, the Okanagan and the Kelowna area in particular is seeing a surge in cases. I have taken to wearing a mask far more often the past few weeks than I have ever been. C'est la vie.

·
Banned
3,736 Posts
Yes everywhere outside of home ... on public transit, supermarkets, pharmacies, doctor's office, etc. Masks are currently required and mandated by the city of TO in all public areas as well as private establishments. Signs are posted in front of virtually all these establishments, stating masks required prior to entering.

I wear them whilst walking on the street as it's a PITA to have to put them back on after taking them off ... especially an N95 one (which I saved from the SARs' days btw). Once that one breaks or wear out, I'll replace it with the lighter non-surgical masks. Now debating on making my own.
I've got a stack of masks, I use them for any woodwork etc.
I actually have a proper respirator for spray painting too.

581 - 600 of 715 Posts