Canadian Money Forum banner

261 - 280 of 314 Posts

·
Registered
16,624 Posts
Heard/saw a police siren go by today (US) so turned on the scanner

It was a "well being check" on a "paranoid" 48-year old male with 4 registered firearms on the line with 911. The address is to an oceanfront golf/country club type apartment complex. Police report no response at the door - dispatch says he's on the line and seems agitated - meanwhile more sirens go by. Police report door is locked, verbal contact, no compliance. Last thing I heard was staging for forced entry into the bedroom. This all happened within about 15 mins

Radio silence - guess I'll check local news tomorrow
You can still pick these up on a scanner? Don't police use encrypted bands these days?

I would imagine that gangs and drug cartels would listen to the scanner for counter intel.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
I would imagine that gangs and drug cartels would listen to the scanner for counter intel.
Yea I assume they use encryption for sensitive situations. I was surprised how much detail I was hearing but then it went silent after they mentioned forced entry. Like they didn't say his name but a person could easily figure it out by the address and I was getting a detailed play-by-play up to that point

Since then I've only heard about all the silly mundane things people call in about in the meantime. Never hear the outcome though. Not sure if they leave the normal dispatch open for transparency or because encryption can be annoying (military still uses clear freqs for a lot of things)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Those lawyers representing Rayshard Brooks for the shooting on Friday night are really-really making a point.

The Occupy Movement never got this kind of free media coverage with many lectures from financial accountants mocking "Capitalism".

American media did not allow Occupy to give a half hour news conference on demand..

Black Lives Matter is getting huge media coverage and free.

The Ruling Class are terrified of "Organized People". Whether it be a union or BLM.

This is getting really serious now.

In one single city, protesters have shut down a 14 lane highway.

And this is going to happen in every city. There are millions of unemployed within cities.

The protesters seem to be totally insulted when the police show up and threaten to use militarized force against them.

Being threatened by police must feel like a slap in the face from the Rich Folks.

The Ruling Class may need to introduce Martial Law if this happens again in the next day or two.

I think that a temporary "Cease Fire" will need to be arranged with all law enforcement.

Congress is promising an "Inquiry" and no commitments.

A Racism Inquiry.
It is not an inquiry into inequality. It is an inquiry into Racism.

The Ruling Class are trying a divide and rule strategy.

I think about 30-40 percent of protesters want to talk about inequality.
Maybe 70% to discuss Racism.

The two "Interests" must survive.

To "Survive" as a political force the protesters need to join forces in "Partnership".

"United We Stand ..... Divided We Fall"

·
Registered
12,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
People have come together to address several issues that affect their lives.

There is no requirement that a protest only address one issue.

It is the breadth of participation in the protests by all ages, races and genders that make these protests more difficult for authorities to push to the side.

Systemic racism, police practices, confederate flags and statues, wealth and income inequality, are all issues on the table now.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I think Congress is going to introduce some grandiose scheme and call it "Reform" and "Investigations".

Even Cuomo introduced some regulations which need to be reported on in a year. And as soon as Cuomo intrduced the new laws, he started acting as if it was problem solved. See yuh in a year.

Nobody is talking about "Reforming The Capitalists".

After Congress creates a "Special Panel", Congress will retain the exclusive right to use force against the protesters because they are being unreasonable terrorists.

After all, we gave the protesters some TV time in TV-Land. Problem Solved.

·
Registered
408 Posts
The media just asked a prominent Black Lives Matter person .....

"Are You Gonna Work With Republicans To Get This Law Passed"?

We will know when the Protesters can declare victory .......

"Are The Republicans Gonna Work With Black Lives Matter To Get This Law Passed".

Congress is going to pass laws which the Supreme Court will claim is imposing on State's Rights.

Legislation has to take place at the State Level and not Washington.

The Media is playing along with the charade by the Congress.

·
Registered
408 Posts
About DeFunding Police ......

It should be "Relocate" the police forces.

Just remove this present system of "Force and Violence" off our street.

Take your weapons and military gear with you.
Go and investigate all the Regulation Avoidance or "Mistakes" and Conflicts of interest within the City Wide Capitalist System.

These "Crime Investigators" can find work someplace else in the city.

Leave our community and ride uptown and investigate all the crime happening there. (Regulation Avoidance.)

I am quite sure that the fines imposed by these investigators, and when finding instances of Regulation Avoidance and frauds will easily finance the Relocation. Rather than issuing parking tickets, start issuing a sopoeana for ledgers at the very first office tower you see.

Financial Crime and corruption is huge within our systems of government. Let the police officers continue their careers but just doing different types of crime and investigations.
Investigate financial crimes Only.

I am quite confident that such a huge amount of fraud and corruption will be found by the newly Relocated forces, not only will the Relocation of police be easily financed, there would be little doubt that the costs of putting social workers on the front lines would be easily covered too.

It seems to me the community wants to begin building a new set of infrastructure required to design and implement a new form or method of community and social cohesion.

The Protesters want social workers on the front lines.

Take the cash the police are now using to pay snitches and give it to the community center.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Two black men found hanged in LA-area parks in separate incidents. Police try to pass off as suicides...
If not suicide then it's a 90% chance they were killed by other black men based on official statistics. Since Andrew wasn't there he has no idea what happened but he questions the police and we can all be pretty sure he'll be disappointed if they weren't killed by white people.

·
Registered
408 Posts
It is said that the police have lost all credibility and trust in the community.

Why are they being trusted in the courthouse when they testify against community members?

I believe that the police use the witness stand as a weapon too and make many false claims in order to assure a conviction and a pay raise.

·
Registered
12,390 Posts
The police waited 12 days to do an autopsy. They just assumed it was a suicide. It is true that most murders are within racial groups, but this method of killing has some historical connotations. Usually it would be guns or knives...

The disappointing thing is how carelessly the investigation is being conducted.

·
Registered
408 Posts
The Rich are Defunding Our Democracy

They’ve won a settlement that will have public tax dollars renourishing their beloved beachfront with fresh sand through at least the year 2027.

A smashing triumph for the “blunt force” of “superior economic power.”
The Hamptons rich simply haven’t needed voter support. They’ve taken government officials to court instead and let their generously compensated lawyers spend years litigating their case. That strategy has served the rich well.

Dune Road Is Falling Into the Sea—Unless the Billionaires Can Save It
The 13.9-mile-long sand barrier is the geographical beginning of the Hamptons, the playground of America’s financiers and celebrities on eastern Long Island, N.Y.
----
The Place
Former New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning has a home on Dune Road. Calvin Klein and Henry Kravis own property nearby, in a neighborhood called Billionaire’s Lane, as does the fictional hedge fund kingpin Bobby Axelrod on Showtime’s Billions . (That mansion’s real owner: venture capitalist Michael Loeb.)
By Polly Mosendz and Eric Roston
June 08, 2020

·
Registered
408 Posts
The media keeps telling us that America is not racist
America has an "Unconscious Bias"
Inequality was an accident of sorts.

It was a strategy .......

G.O.P.'s Southern strategy
"You start out in 1954 by saying, “Nigg, nigg, nigg.” By 1968 you can’t say “nigg”—that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states’ rights, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract. Now, you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites.… “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “Nigg, nigg.”"
--Lee Atwater, interviewed By Alexander Lamis, explaining the evolution of the G.O.P.'s Southern strategy, 1981--

·
Registered
408 Posts
If these protesters are not allowed to vent their anger there will be more hell to pay.

All the protesters are doing in the big picture is sticking their fingers into the eyes of Rich Folks after so many damn years of Trickle Down Economics.

When Rich Folks get angry at a situation they too strike out.
Rich Folks stream money into the political campagin of the opponent and oust the politician.

Poor People can not buy influence .......
They got to act out on Main Street.

America is a huge country, .... So what if some group is annoying us while occupying 1000 sq.ft.? They are occupying a space hardly bigger than an arena. Where is the "continuous" real violence?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I found the documentary 13th on netflix is a good way help understand in a more concrete way what is meant by systemic/ subconscious racism and what BLM is fighting for. Worth a watch.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
There is a young woman sitting down near the Trump Campaign event.
That image is iconic ....... that female protester will go down in history just like that person standing in front of tanks in China.
Yeah, a protestor at a Trump rally is exactly the same as a man standing in front of tanks in a communist country.

If she really wants to impress me she can protest the anarchy in downtown Seattle.

261 - 280 of 314 Posts