Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for somewhat safe havens for the rebound. What about some of the US Tech ETF's? Usually, I just dump my US funds into the SPY500 ETF good idea to continue guys? What are you doing with US funds? Kinda a couch investor :)
If you had to buy US tech what would be you Fav?
Should I just divide it among the big boys? Google Apple Amazon Microsoft?
Cheers
Rick

·
Registered
992 Posts
Everything should rebound big in a few months. Some are recommending the 'Quality' factor for companies w more solid balance sheets, more stable businesses ie low bankruptcy risk. So anything w 'Quality' in the name.

But others are recommending certain sectors too. Tech , Financial, Consumer Disc all do well in market upturns. Many really like Tech. Here is a good site for filtering for the best ETFS. best returns over the past 5 yeas are usually tech ETFS. Many good US ETFs if you have a US account. the ARK ETFs are good . ARKK Innovation. ARKW Next Generation Internet. They are available in Canada too now.

Even more general ETFs like Vanguard Information Technology VGT or even the tech SPDR XLK

·
Registered
214 Posts
Looking for somewhat safe havens for the rebound. What about some of the US Tech ETF's? Usually, I just dump my US funds into the SPY500 ETF good idea to continue guys? What are you doing with US funds? Kinda a couch investor :)
If you had to buy US tech what would be you Fav?
Should I just divide it among the big boys? Google Apple Amazon Microsoft?
Cheers
Rick
I'd go broader than even a S&P 500 ETF and pick either Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF (VTI) which trades in the US. If you have any US estate tax concerns, then consider U.S. Total Market Index ETF (VUN). Why try and pick winners, buy the haystack at very low cost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts