Canadian Money Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
According to the article you posted, they rejected about that many duplicate requests for ballots, not ballots. The error arose because people did not realize they had already requested a ballot by checking a box when they requested a ballot for the primary. There's nothing fraudulent about that. And even if it was attempted fraud, it was caught, so what's the issue? Trump has even told his followers to vote twice to make sure the fraud processes work. Seems like they do.

As for Kentucky, it's obviously bad that some mailman went rogue and threw out ballots, but 1) there were only 112 of them, 2) he was caught, and 3) none of them were filled out. The ballots that were retrieved were given to the post office to be properly delivered, and if anyone didn't receive their ballot in time, they could go vote in person.
Yeah, seems like a lot of justification going on there. Maybe it's valid and maybe it's not, but there appears to be lots of avenues for fraud. I don't like it, just like I don't like any online voting. Too many ways to game the system.

To me, I think the safest method is to go to a polling booth and show your identification and your name gets crossed off the list and then you vote. Full stop. Pretty hard to cheat that system.

No identification, no vote.

When there's a crisis such as a pandemic, then delay the vote until there isn't one.

ltr

·
Registered
17,964 Posts
Trump family not selling access? Never mind violating emoluments clause, using the official capacity to personally enrich themselves and their family. As blatant as forcing the secret service to pay exorbitant rates to protect the president at his own property.
This guy (Trump) and his cronies are committing crimes all over the place. Several of them have already been charged with criminal offences, but it's just the tip of the iceberg. It's becoming hard to keep track.

Worse, Trump now interferes with the justice department and is directly -- overtly -- pressuring the Attorney General to do his bidding.

The whole purpose of democratic governments with separation of powers is to prevent this kind of massive abuse of power, but Trump is so incredibly corrupt that he's pushing the American system to its limits. And the Republican party still supports him! What a disgusting group of people ... no respect for America, no respect for democracy.

These guys are the swamp, taking it to whole new levels... he's even put his own family members into important roles in the government. Ivanka and Kusher, who have no experience and no business being in those roles.

·
Registered
12,902 Posts
According to the article you posted, they rejected about that many duplicate requests for ballots, not ballots. The error arose because people did not realize they had already requested a ballot by checking a box when they requested a ballot for the primary. There's nothing fraudulent about that. And even if it was attempted fraud, it was caught, so what's the issue? Trump has even told his followers to vote twice to make sure the fraud processes work. Seems like they do.

As for Kentucky, it's obviously bad that some mailman went rogue and threw out ballots, but 1) there were only 112 of them, 2) he was caught, and 3) none of them were filled out. The ballots that were retrieved were given to the post office to be properly delivered, and if anyone didn't receive their ballot in time, they could go vote in person.
Don't let facts get in the way a good narrative.

·
Registered
13,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
With everything Trump and his minions are uncovering about Hillary Clinton and Hunter Biden, I will go out on a limb with a prediction that neither of them will win the 2020 election for President.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
When this Hunter Biden story was kind of "Disappeared" it shows everybody just how easy it is going to be for the Ruling Class to prevent access to any URL they please as martial law is introduced.
With the social platforms being privately owned, the Ruling Class have control of Free Speech.

In Congress they are changing the definition of Anti-Semitism making it more difficult to speak against Israeli government policies. A passion towards justice for the Palestinian People is renamed as anti-Semitism.

·
Registered
13,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
The days are dwindling down to the day of Judgement for Trump and the Republicans.

·
Registered
158 Posts
:giggle:
An epic night of live television is in store for anyone interested in observing history.

My plans....a bucket of KFC, some bottles of ice cold Coke, a Ceasar salad, a cheese,veggie and deli meat tray, and I will be good for the night.

I just have to figure out if I can watch CNN and Fox on the same big screen TV.

I want to switch out for commercials and see the jubilation on one network and tears on the other as the results roll in.

Be there or be square.......:)

Your plans ?
Fox News for sure !
Food - Chicken wing, pizza and 6-pack with couple a juiced brownie :giggle::giggle: for dessert. And a bottle of champagne to celebrate the landslide win. Can't wait !!!

·
Registered
10,691 Posts
Yeah, seems like a lot of justification going on there. Maybe it's valid and maybe it's not, but there appears to be lots of avenues for fraud. I don't like it, just like I don't like any online voting. Too many ways to game the system ....
YMMV as there's what it looks like based on limited info versus what's happening behind the scenes.

Signature and with possibly some additional on file info seems to be as much as most articles identify as a protection. Where one looks at reported voting fraud there are mentions of several other methods that have caught things like mail in ballots in different states or a mail vote in one state with an in person vote in another state via things like multi-state voter databases. Data mining has also triggered an investigation then charges for the perpetrators and a redo of the state election.

What on the surface looked like an easy end run around the system was caught through methods that are not well known.

...To me, I think the safest method is to go to a polling booth and show your identification and your name gets crossed off the list and then you vote. Full stop. Pretty hard to cheat that system.
I would tend to agree. There are reported cases for polling stations of impersonation fraud, false registrations, ineligible voting and altering the vote count so attempted fraud happens no matter the method.

Cheers

·
Registered
13,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
:giggle:

Fox News for sure !
Food - Chicken wing, pizza and 6-pack with couple a juiced brownie :giggle::giggle: for dessert. And a bottle of champagne to celebrate the landslide win. Can't wait !!!
After MP's post, I will opt for the chicken wing, pizza combo now myself.

I will alternate between CNN and Fox......party at one and funeral at the other.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts