Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An epic night of live television is in store for anyone interested in observing history.

My plans....a bucket of KFC, some bottles of ice cold Coke, a Ceasar salad, a cheese,veggie and deli meat tray, and I will be good for the night.

I just have to figure out if I can watch CNN and Fox on the same big screen TV.

I want to switch out for commercials and see the jubilation on one network and tears on the other as the results roll in.

Be there or be square.......:)

Your plans ?

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
I am not too interested in watching the election blow by blow but the menu sounds good. When should I be there and do you have two reclining chairs that can be placed 6 feet apart. We can put the chicken in the middle. lol

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
LOL......but the play by play was the best part in 2016.

Clinton's going to win easy.... Clinton is going to win....Clinton can still pull out a victory....Clinton still has a shot.....and the winner is.......Donald Trump.

It reminded me of this Spike Jones song when I was young.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
An epic night of live television is in store for anyone interested in observing history.
My plans....a bucket of KFC, some bottles of ice cold Coke, a Ceasar salad, a cheese,veggie and deli meat tray, and I will be good for the night.
I want to switch out for commercials and see the jubilation on one network and tears on the other as the results roll in.
Your plans ?
I like your appetizer menu, saggy 🤪What'll you do for main course!
I might to go right on da beer ...it starts later on here.....

Also wondering what bombshells DJT will pull outta the bag as we head down the stretch!

·
Registered
12,902 Posts

Your plans ?
Likely won't have results on election night. Reminds me of the last federal election--we had to wait all the way until morning (I think because of a computer glitch with the new automated result submission system, I guess they had to revert to calling in the results). Only for this election it might be days, unless it is a blowout that the mail-in votes can't possibly change the results. And if that is true, it would only be likely for a Biden win, given his poll advantage (a Trump win is possible but a blowout is very unlikely). And if it is a Biden win, I don't see Trump conceding too quickly while there are votes yet to count.

So, by all means, watch on election night. But it will be a lot of talking heads and silly graphical gimmicks (in 2016 it was holograms and big touch displays, etc.).

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I agree that Trump may not concede the election regardless of the results, but Florida will report their early and mail in voting totals around 7 pm.

The "on the ground" reporting is that early voting is at historically high levels. People are waiting in 12 hour lineups to make sure their vote is counted.

If Biden is winning Florida by a substantial number of votes , Trump simply can't make it up with election day ballots. Biden will get some of those votes.

If Florida goes to Biden.........it is all over for Trump.

If Florida goes to Trump........it will be a long night.

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
I doubt Trump would concede on election night even in a blow out. He is so vindictive he likely wouldn't give Biden the glory of speaking to the nation election night. I will be watching at some point, perhaps 7ish pm PST. Results from PA, OH and FL may be "directional" by then and that will be the difference.

FWIW, he may not concede until Electoral College vote is taken.

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Biden and Trump have opposing town halls on tonight.

Trump agreed to the debate on NBC purposefully to be opposite Biden's, and is already complaining in tweets that he will be treated badly.

The debate with Biden will probably be a civilized, normal debate.......boring.

I am going to watch the Trump rampage on NBC.

·
Registered
12,902 Posts
There is some talk about Republican controlled states invalidating the results of the election in their state and sending Trump electors even if Biden wins the vote, using 'irregularities' as a cover. I find this a bit far fetched because they would trigger a serious constitutional crisis and you better believe that the electoral college is going to be an enormous target for constitutional amendment.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I agree that Trump may not concede the election regardless of the results, but Florida will report their early and mail in voting totals around 7 pm.
The Democrats still haven't conceded the 2016 election. Hillary publicly told Biden NOT to concede under any circumstances.

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The GOP in California have refused to stop putting out fake ballot boxes. Some them had "official" stamped on them.

The Giuliani and Barr "unmasking" investigation didn't find anything, so now they trot out some BS story about Hunter Biden.

The Hunter Biden story is so stupid it is unbelievable, but the Trump crooks aren't all that smart.

An unknown man drops off his computer to a blind guy who owns a computer repair store and he keeps it for years until one day he "finds" emails and then gives them to a guy (who the US Treasury confirmed is a Russian intelligence agent) who gives the hard drive to Rudy Guiliani.........just before an election.

Sure.......okay Rudy.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
The Hunter Biden story is so stupid it is unbelievable, but the Trump crooks aren't all that smart.

An unknown man drops off his computer to a blind guy who owns a computer repair store and he keeps it for years until one day he "finds" emails and then gives them to a guy (who the US Treasury confirmed is a Russian intelligence agent) who gives the hard drive to Rudy Guiliani.........just before an election.
Interesting, so you feel the whole thing is a hoax? Wow, I hadn't heard that one yet. Man, all those documents and e-mails seemed so real that I read. But, you've established that they're all bogus. Quite a ruse.

ltr

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
The Democrats still haven't conceded the 2016 election. Hillary publicly told Biden NOT to concede under any circumstances.
You keep saying this. Multiple conservative sources say it is not true:

·
Registered
3,190 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Is the 2020 race closer than many believe?

While general election polling often shows Joe Biden leading the president by margins of 10 points and with substantial leads in some key battleground states, is the race actually much closer? The panel discusses.
MSNBC - Morning Joe
(Flash Video)

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Is the 2020 race closer than many believe?

While general election polling often shows Joe Biden leading the president by margins of 10 points and with substantial leads in some key battleground states, is the race actually much closer? The panel discusses.
MSNBC - Morning Joe
(Flash Video)
People are literally attacking and shooting Trump supporters.
There is a group remaining silent, or outright lying because they fear for their safety.

Biden and Harris supporters, and apparently even campaign staff are donating to bail out rioters. That doesn't play well with a LOT of people.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
People are literally attacking and shooting Trump supporters.
I agree that the protests are not being carried out or performed with "Perfection" and made in heaven.

We are talking about emotional human beings.

This is normal human behaviour.

We should be denouncing the U.S. Capitalist for creating the violence in the first place.

The U.S. Capitalist is committing violence against millions and millions and millions. The U.S. Capitalists are abandoning citizens on the street like magots with an offer of 7 bucks per day when just 6 months ago Billy Gates and Warren Buffett were made completely whole and there was no "Means Test".

·
Registered
3,882 Posts

The "on the ground" reporting is that early voting is at historically high levels. People are waiting in 12 hour lineups to make sure their vote is counted.

If Biden is winning Florida by a substantial number of votes , Trump simply can't make it up with election day ballots. Biden will get some of those votes.

If Florida goes to Biden.........it is all over for Trump.

If Florida goes to Trump........it will be a long night.
Mike Bloomberg raised $16,000,000 so convicted felons could vote in Florida. Apparently it goes without saying that the Democrats have the criminal vote locked up.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts