Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this problem for a few years now and can never seem to figure it out:

I've got a portfolio of TD eSeries funds, and despite the fact that I have their symbols (e.g., TBD 900, TBD905, TBD 909, etc.), Quicken does not seem to be able to update their prices automatically using the online quotes tool.

I've also noticed that TD does not let you download eSeries transaction data to Quicken like you can with other accounts.

Are other people able to do this, and if so, how? I'm currently using Quicken 2010 for Windows, but had this problem with earlier versions as well.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Haven't tried TD e-Series, but have had a similar issue with certain funds held in my wife's DCPP.

My workaround was to find another fund that closely mimicked the performance of the one that she held. (Not a great solution, but it works okay ...)

·
Registered
201 Posts
The problem used to exist for other funds too, but most were fixed in a software update.

I keep a fundlist on the Globefunds website that includes just the TD e-Series funds and use it to manually enter the prices every 2 weeks.

I expect that soon I'll have to enter everything manually anyway, when they stop supporting Quicken 2008.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks -- I normally update only once a quarter or so, since my eSeries portfolio is long-term (for retirement), but I figured if there was a way I could save myself the trouble of entering prices by hand it would make life that much simpler. Sounds like I'm stuck with manual entry, which is no big deal.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have TD e-Series and they all update fine. I'm using Quicken 2009 Home and Business. Try re-editing them or confirm that the settings you have are correct.

When you create/edit the security, make sure the symbol is correct and all one "word" ( TDB911 ).

Type: Mutual Fund
Exchange: Mutual Funds

1 - 6 of 6 Posts